Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Abu Dhabi

Looks like mission accomplished for Ferrari in regard to Lewis.

w#nkers.

Massa you knobend.

and it's all over for vettel too - even with pole.

Alonso wil be happy with a quite race. Red Bulls will be wanting McLaren and Alonso to tangle or Alonso's engine to go fizz.

I think Alonso should get it. Webber doesn't deserve the WDC and neither does Vettel this time around.

EDIT - because I can

Vettel did great.

Hamilton did less great than Vettel but, so what. Still worth it.

Beelzebub got a 3rd grid position because of Massa letting him by. I demand both be lapidated for perverting the sport.

Webber was the big loser here bar Whiting rightly fixing the manipulation of this otherwise morally flawless F1.

The over excited celebrations at RBR show how much they were their own worst enemies. It's like a photocopy of McLaren 2007...minus the photocopies, that is.

If Button and Webber's places were switched, it would be a good postal of the guys' most relevant virtues to be there:

1) Vettel, always the fastest car/driver combination. The most "deserving" champion...except reliability and lack of experience killed him.(Or not?...)

2) Hamilton: always the all balls driver. No place for complex strategies, no place for long term race planning. Just be the fastest when you can.

3) Alonso: he has been saying that all he needed was podiums when he could not win. Always the calculating guy, he got just what he needed. He might not become WDC, but is the only one that kept making everything work towards that goal. Focus.

4) Webber: the lukewarm almost WDC. He did almost everything well. But nothing quite well enough. He can still become WDC, of course, but overall, he failed to show anything truly outstanding. I still like the guy, but I must confess that I expected him to show something else. Can't explain what. Even if he becomes WDC.

5) Button: I know, I know, I will be stoned to death. But he is like Webber. Good, but not good enough. Sorry, people. That's how I see him.

Well done, Vettel. Mark, WTF?

Button could possibly overtake Alonso at the start, given he's free from expectations. Button But on the other hand, he's starting from the dirty side. Umm.. Webber's right behind Alonso, he's got nothing to lose. Possible contact.

Hamilton could possibly take himself & Vettel out at the start.

Clean or dirty side, Schumi will overtake Barrichello at the start (old habits die hard). Pleased to see Schumi doing better than Britney.

Wow, great grid. It'll be sure exciting at the start. Vettel HAS to hold of Hamilton if he wants any hope of winning the title. Likewise, Hamilton HAS to overtake him. Alonso HAS to hold off Webber, Webber HAS to pass him. It'll be a great end to a great season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88241

That report suggests no action being taken?

Yup, guess that Ferrari probably would not want to press too much in this case, given that a grid penalty for Lewis will only hurt Alonso's chances. The whole action was a bit confusing, as the TV only showed the moment they both were already side by side, but from that it seems that Lewis was out of order there, in which case some kind of penalty, even in the form of a "warning" should have been handled.

I don't think Lewis did anything wrong, he probably didn't see Massa in his mirrors, and the team probably didn't warn him in time of Massa being there. As it never did any real harm to either car, I feel the decision to take no action was a correct one. Also, having Lewis moved from 2nd would benefit Alonso, as 2nd would be enough for him to take the title with Webber where he is. There would still be 2 cars between Alonso and Webber if Lewis had been penalised, so you can be sure Ferrari where knocking pretty hard on the FIA's door, but in the end I feel the right decision has been taken, and we can look forward to some potentially good action tomorrow.

One thing's for sure though, it seems Webber took most pain from pressure.

I don't think Lewis did anything wrong, he probably didn't see Massa in his mirrors, and the team probably didn't warn him in time of Massa being there. As it never did any real harm to either car, I feel the decision to take no action was a correct one. Also, having Lewis moved from 2nd would benefit Alonso, as 2nd would be enough for him to take the title with Webber where he is. There would still be 2 cars between Alonso and Webber if Lewis had been penalised, so you can be sure Ferrari where knocking pretty hard on the FIA's door, but in the end I feel the right decision has been taken, and we can look forward to some potentially good action tomorrow.

One thing's for sure though, it seems Webber took most pain from pressure.

Depends on the kind of penalty. A 5 grid penalty would see Alonso promoted to P2, meaning him starting from P2 which, in a sandy track like this one could be a real nightmare. He has no realistic chances of overtaking Vettel with his pace (at most, he will be able to regain some lost terrain at the end of it), meanwhile, it will bring his battle with Webber further up the grid, where more important points are useful for Webber, but not for Alonso. Alonso already is in the best place he copuld be, barring P1.

Depends on the kind of penalty. A 5 grid penalty would see Alonso promoted to P2, meaning him starting from P2 which, in a sandy track like this one could be a real nightmare. He has no realistic chances of overtaking Vettel with his pace (at most, he will be able to regain some lost terrain at the end of it), meanwhile, it will bring his battle with Webber further up the grid, where more important points are useful for Webber, but not for Alonso. Alonso already is in the best place he copuld be, barring P1.

I don't really think that starting on the dirty side of the grid is as bad as made out at most circuits, it's mainly down to the driver. The point is though that it really doesn't matter where on the grid they are, as long as Alonso is ahead of webber, it doesn't matter what positions on the grid they are, webber would still be 2 places behind him, which would mean webber would be starting on the same side of the grid. Unless Alonso had an awful start, it's unlikely that he'd get passed by a guy in 4th.

This Quali just showed what I have been saying all year long. RBR are idiots for giving Webber a long leash and now they have hung themselves with it. Vettel has 10 poles this season. Webber should never have been allowed to overtake him in Britain. He should have been kicked out of the team for his idiocy in Turkey.

People always bash Ferrari for having a Number 1 and a Numero Dos(sorry no clue what that would be in italian so spanish will do). But look at the situation. Ferrari are the team most likely to have a WDC on their hands.

Vettel and hamilton have a right to be p**sed at their teams because Massa Button and Webber have no reason to be mixing it up with Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton and only Ferrari have understood that fact.

Today, when the cards were down the chips were in and the clock hit zero, Those who can did and those (button, webber and massa) who also run, also ran.

This thing should have been settled races ago. Webber took 3 wins from vettel. this should have been 7 for Vettel, 5 for Alonso and RBR would have already had both titles.

Had Vettel been at Ferrari and the Ferrari been as dominant as the RBR the crap #2 drivers pulled this season would have never happened. It makes fiscal and sporting sense to run a team like Ferrari does. It might not be pretty sometimes but if people would take off the pink glasses it would not be a problem. and that is why I am a Ferrari fan over a fan of any driver or any other team, because Ferrari know how to get it done.

And even though I would like to see Vettel win it because he is the better driver in the best team this season, an alonso win will just show the world that Ferrari is still the best team overall and that even with the third best car most of the season, they can still place a driver at #1 at the end of it all.

Absolute horse crap, what happened at Turkey was caused by Vettel, not Webber. If you view the video from the onboard cameras, Webber just holds his line and Vettel steers into the side of him. What bothers most people about Ferrari is that they will blind faced lie, and proclaim that they have equality when they do not.

Good quali! Webber's position ain't ideal but Vettel hasn't impressed too much starting from pole i.e. Germany & other races I can't remember! Should be a very exciting race!

I had a feeling before this qualifying that Webber would fail to deliver and he proved me right. The guy is capable of brilliance, but he lacks that something extra that Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel seem to have.

As it stands, and especially considering it's his début season with Ferrari, I think Alonso has probably been the strongest title contender this year (obviously this is reflected in the points); his complete focus on the title makes him the best bet out there for delivering a WDC. Hamilton and Vettel are arguably stronger in some areas but overall less refined and more error prone, generally. Of the drivers we've seen in top cars those three, Ham, Vet and Alonso are the strongest. Of course this is just my opinion.

Anyway, the race should be good tomorrow what with Hamilton wanting to get past Vettel at turn one, and Webber needing to make up some places too. Looks like Alonso is in an extremely good position in terms of the title. I just hope reliability doesn't provide any unwelcome twists.

In the case of Lewis, I don't think he has made many mistakes, in the simple sense of the word, sometimes he just pays for his aggression. To me though, it may cost him at times, but it is also what makes him so enjoyable to watch

Absolute horse crap, what happened at Turkey was caused by Vettel, not Webber. If you view the video from the onboard cameras, Webber just holds his line and Vettel steers into the side of him. What bothers most people about Ferrari is that they will blind faced lie, and proclaim that they have equality when they do not.

It was 100% webber. He was slower, his team mate was eating the road behind him. You move over. the very first thing you learn is don't take out your teammate. Webber is vain, bullheaded and at best a one hit wonder. He put himself before the team and instead of a 1,2 he lost the team 25 points for first and the difference from 2nd to 3rd. Vettel should never have had to make a move like that if webber knew his real place and if RBR had actually had the balls to put him in his place. I would have kicked webber to the curb after that race if I were RBR.

A team with a fair playing feild between drivers is a loosing team, simple as that. the only time it works is if you have a car like the MP4-4. and those types of seasons don't come every day

The over excited celebrations at RBR show how much they were their own worst enemies. It's like a photocopy of McLaren 2007...minus the photocopies, that is.

If Button and Webber's places were switched, it would be a good postal of the guys' most relevant virtues to be there:

1) Vettel, always the fastest car/driver combination. The most "deserving" champion...except reliability and lack of experience killed him.(Or not?...)

2) Hamilton: always the all balls driver. No place for complex strategies, no place for long term race planning. Just be the fastest when you can.

3) Alonso: he has been saying that all he needed was podiums when he could not win. Always the calculating guy, he got just what he needed. He might not become WDC, but is the only one that kept making everything work towards that goal. Focus.

4) Webber: the lukewarm almost WDC. He did almost everything well. But nothing quite well enough. He can still become WDC, of course, but overall, he failed to show anything truly outstanding. I still like the guy, but I must confess that I expected him to show something else. Can't explain what. Even if he becomes WDC.

5) Button: I know, I know, I will be stoned to death. But he is like Webber. Good, but not good enough. Sorry, people. That's how I see him.

Sure, I mostly agree.

Webber and Button are starting to look alike... which, oddly, is not a good thing for either. I'm talking in terms of performance only. The treatment as 2nd drivers they receive is quite different despite the common "fvck-you" attitude from their respective teams.

Vettel and Hamilton are also starting to look alike... which is not a good thing but there is nothing odd about it. Indulging and entitling one's drivers is the best way to bring about their decline. Schumacher is proof of it. There was a point when he needed a fix in the contract to make it happen at all... and, then, not even that did it. His entitlement at Ferrari didn't make him stronger. It weakened him.

Over the years, Alonso has been the victim of so much violence, dishonesty, and injustice that, well, to survive at all provides one with a very pragmatic view of things. And, in his case, the seed was there to begin with. This is something many around here don't understand despite seeing it every day. The lynching mob is forever in desperate need of more hatred and blood to justify their very existence. On the other hand, a victim of a lynching quickly learns to need nothing, that is, wins by default... and more so if they manage to survive.

I cannot see the how RBR compares to McLaren. Sure, one driver is the favorite (we made "delta" cry again). But, what McLaren did in 07 is far, far, far beyond what RBR is doing now. McLaren's was a "search and utterly annihilate" mission and their fanatical troops ("delta", thank you for resurfacing again) remain uncomprehending of their continuing need to seek blood. RBR's mistake is huge but their way is a children's tale by comparison.

It was 100% webber. He was slower, his team mate was eating the road behind him. You move over. the very first thing you learn is don't take out your teammate. Webber is vain, bullheaded and at best a one hit wonder. He put himself before the team and instead of a 1,2 he lost the team 25 points for first and the difference from 2nd to 3rd. Vettel should never have had to make a move like that if webber knew his real place and if RBR had actually had the balls to put him in his place. I would have kicked webber to the curb after that race if I were RBR.

A team with a fair playing feild between drivers is a loosing team, simple as that. the only time it works is if you have a car like the MP4-4. and those types of seasons don't come every day

Refreshingly amusing.

So you move over... it's too bad Massa didn't got that memo, he was obviously slower that Fernando many times this season and had to drive defensively slowing down the two of them

instead of allowing Nando to chase the Red bulls...

edit typos

This should be a fun race.

For Alonso fans:

Let's hope everything stays as it is, or at least that Alonso doesn't let Webber through - that could become tricky.

What would be really nice is if Webber has a DNF. Then Alonso should have it in the bag - he's got a 15 pt margin over Vettel - so he just needs to bring the car home in 5th place - easy with Webber out of the picture.

For Webber fans:

After a disaster in qually Mark's got to do some serious overtaking in the first few laps. He'll need to be on Alonso's gear box and then hopefully past him by lap 3 and chasing down Hamilton.

It would be a disaster if Alonso takes Hamilton at the start and Webber ends up behind the two McLarens still in 5th.

For Vettel fans:

A coming together between Webber and Alonso would be a dream start. Let's hope some of Vettel's recklessness has rubbed off on a desperate Webber starting 5th in a race he really needs to be winning.

For Hamilton fans:

Well - he needs somewhat of a miracle. Let's face it. A Webber Alonso crash would help his cause no end, but he still needs Vettel's engine to go fizz or to overtake Vettel at the start and see Button do the same. All put together it's a big ask and very doubtful.

For the impartials amongst us - it's a no loose situation - this season has been amazingly close and fun to watch. It's only fitting that it's come down to the last race in a desperate fight to the last.

Right now Alonso's the pick of the bunch. He's calmly delivered what he needed to and has had a spectacular string of results over the last few races. There still remains the oportunity for one of the other three to prove themselves worthy, but it's looking increasingly slim.

I just hope this race lives up to its potential and delivers some excitement!

It's not as bad for any of the drivers. No one made an "awful" mistake or had a "disaster" or anything of the sort.

Drivers have simply (and as always) been superseded by FIA's script, team mismanagement, and entropy.