Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Congrats Vettel

Undoubtedly, Webber is the big loser here (not Alonso). And since Webber took off right away (no party for him), it appears that RBR used him up and he was not in on it...

Ferrari are acknowledging they were played and, why not, they didn't have to, so good for them. Naturally, the bigoted press is looking for ways to renew hatred for Alonso but, as far as Ferrari say, they take on the blame and praise Alonso. By the posts and threads (haven't read, just eagle-eyed), it's evident that this hurts a lot of folk.

And so, Ferrari loses all... letting Kimi go and keeping Massa on was a blatant error from the start. Amusing bunch, they say that they will keep Massa on for next season. Is this the team that "can only race to win"? Geez.

And so, Webber loses all... his team has royally fvcked him over. Gotta feel for the guy. His situation for next season is rather dire.

And well, well, well, the old "hate-Alonso" is stronger than the new "hate-Vettel". Amusing... although the other way around would've been amusing too. It's impossible to lose with the crowd of angry ghouls. They know nothing but hate (there are their proud postings... that they will deny asap, if needed). Still, F1? Racing? WDC? Nope. Just hate posting.

Yeah, it would've been fun to see the lot justifying the exact opposite (as they have many times) if the bigoted press had decided to lynch Vettel instead...

Congrats to Vettel, he fully deserves it especially accounting for the amount of points lost from mechanical issues. He drove brilliantly all weekend and handled the pressure better than the other two packages out there, remarkable considering his age.

He's clearly a great talent, super quick in all conditions, good under pressure, but the jury is still out on his overall race-craft for me. Hopefully next season he'll convince me he is more than just a more refined, intelligent Massa who can lead from the front (I think he will show that he is much better than that, btw).. and, worryingly for the other guys, he has plenty of time to develop even further. All in all a great season, next year the rules shift again so we'll see if Red Bull maintain their advantage, and also, 5 WDC's on the grid is cool.

And so, Ferrari loses all... letting Kimi go and keeping Massa on was a blatant error from the start. Amusing bunch, they say that they will keep Massa on for next season. Is this the team that "can only race to win"? Geez.

I'm glad they let Kimi go.... That TWAT team does'nt deserve a gentleman like Kimi

Congrats to Vettel. He is not my favorite driver, but he deserves the WDC. He has been the fastest all year.

So looking forward to March!!!!!!

Undoubtedly, Webber is the big loser here (not Alonso). And since Webber took off right away (no party for him), it appears that RBR used him up and he was not in on it...

Ferrari are acknowledging they were played and, why not, they didn't have to, so good for them. Naturally, the bigoted press is looking for ways to renew hatred for Alonso but, as far as Ferrari say, they take on the blame and praise Alonso. By the posts and threads (haven't read, just eagle-eyed), it's evident that this hurts a lot of folk.

And so, Webber loses all... his team has royally fvcked him over. Gotta feel for the guy. His situation for next season is rather dire.

And well, well, well, the old "hate-Alonso" is stronger than the new "hate-Vettel". Amusing... although the other way around would've been amusing too. It's impossible to lose with the crowd of angry ghouls. They know nothing but hate (there are their proud postings... that they will deny asap, if needed). Still, F1? Racing? WDC? Nope. Just hate posting.

Yeah, it would've been fun to see the lot justifying the exact opposite (as they have many times) if the bigoted press had decided to lynch Vettel instead...

How as Webber fvcked over? He's a moaner that's for sure, but I see no problems in how RBR were treating their drivers. The wing situation was absurb when you realise Webber apparently didn't like the new wing anyway. So it was about perception, feeling the team didn't love him, rather than actually giving him a slower car or sabotaging him.

Webber lost due to himself, not RBR. Just as he won races this year, he seemed rather Massa-ish at times too. If RBR were intent on not having him succeed they wouldn't have allowed him to win any races.

I know you like having a go and stirring the pot, but I'd like to know what you think RBR screwed Webber over. If anything he screwed himself over, by what he's said towards the team and by his lacklustre performances. All he had to do was be in second, and Vettel would have moved aside. Shouldn't be too hard when your car is the fastest on the grid.

Yep, when Webber reflects on his failed campaign, I imagine what will hurt him most is not the fact the team seemed to like Vettel more, but the fact that when he had his chance to take the title, he didn't deliver.

How as Webber fvcked over? He's a moaner that's for sure, but I see no problems in how RBR were treating their drivers. The wing situation was absurb when you realise Webber apparently didn't like the new wing anyway. So it was about perception, feeling the team didn't love him, rather than actually giving him a slower car or sabotaging him.

Webber lost due to himself, not RBR. Just as he won races this year, he seemed rather Massa-ish at times too. If RBR were intent on not having him succeed they wouldn't have allowed him to win any races.

I know you like having a go and stirring the pot, but I'd like to know what you think RBR screwed Webber over. If anything he screwed himself over, by what he's said towards the team and by his lacklustre performances. All he had to do was be in second, and Vettel would have moved aside. Shouldn't be too hard when your car is the fastest on the grid.

Webber was up there, leading, all season. There was nothing "lacklustre" about his performance and, in fact, was ahead of Vettel most of the time.

But it doesn't matter. The press decision on whether Vettel enjoyed favorite status or not has ebbed in and out. So I'll let it settle so that you make up you mind before even bothering to reply proper.

Yep, when Webber reflects on his failed campaign, I imagine what will hurt him most is not the fact the team seemed to like Vettel more, but the fact that when he had his chance to take the title, he didn't deliver.

Unfortunate as it is, I'm afraid not.

Webber himself has said what all the normal F1 fans know, that is, had Vettel been dominating the WDC like he had, RBR would've given Vettel 110% support. As it was, Vettel nonetheless got 110% support and Webber was sacrificed in a gambit that gave them (yes, Vettel is "them") the WDC.

It would be foolish of Webber to think it was his fault. And Webber has not been foolish about this at any point during the season. It is one of the personality traits of him that I like, namely, he does not need to lie to himself in order to deal with reality and its complex adversities. This is as uncommon in real life as it is in F1.

Webber was up there, leading, all season. There was nothing "lacklustre" about his performance and, in fact, was ahead of Vettel most of the time.

But it doesn't matter. The press decision on whether Vettel enjoyed favorite status or not has ebbed in and out. So I'll let it settle so that you make up you mind before even bothering to reply proper.

Unfortunate as it is, I'm afraid not.

Webber himself has said what all the normal F1 fans know, that is, had Vettel been dominating the WDC like he had, RBR would've given Vettel 110% support. As it was, Vettel nonetheless got 110% support and Webber was sacrificed in a gambit that gave them (yes, Vettel is "them") the WDC.

It would be foolish of Webber to think it was his fault. And Webber has not been foolish about this at any point during the season. It is one of the personality traits of him that I like, namely, he does not need to lie to himself in order to deal with reality and its complex adversities. This is as uncommon in real life as it is in F1.

I'm a normal F1 fan, just passionate enough to get on a forum and converse with others.

There's now way RBR pulled in Webber for a tyre change to sabotage his race. Webber himself radioed to say his tyres were gone. Webber doesn't have a subtle bone in his body, so if RBR we're pulling a Massa "Fernando is faster than you, do you understand?" bu||Sh#t, we would have known about it pronto.

Go on all you like about RBR not backing Webber. You find me a team that put up with more negative, and potentially PR damaging rubbish that Webber's mouth created this year. Clearly RBR were backing Webber or he would have been tossed. And RBR have a history of letting drivers go if it suits them, what to speak of Toro Rosso.

Not even the genius of Brawn & Todt could have pulled off such a perfect fake out. Webber used his tyres, and had to pit. End of story. Ferrari in their stupidity covered him and paid the price. But Ferrari's downfall is another topic of discussion. Rats don't abandon a ship unless it's sinking, and with Schumi, Kimi, Bryne, Todt and Brawn gone, the mimes running the show just don't have the marbles.