Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Fernando So Not Full Of Grace

He was on TV complaining about Petrov not moving over to him.

Team orders and crash to make Alonso win orders only apply to your own team buddy...

As Brundle said, 'get real son'.

It's a stunning lack of class even by his standards, don't forget this is the driver who literally gives the finger to his fans.

I can't help but point out the class shown by a certain M. Schumacher on losing the championship in the last race, to him and to Hakkinen.

:lol: Talking about lack of class...I was expecting some thread from you!

Ok, fair is fair...I want my hat well-done, please! :byebye:

Hear hear. Alonso is a farce. Petrov drove the race of his life. Alonso's gesticulation towards Petrov after the race will only fuel his detractors even more. It was uncalled for. Secondly, Petrov didn't put a foot wrong. Did Alonso think since he won 2x WDCs with Renault, then put in another two pathetic years with them after coming back from McLaren with his bottle and blankie, that they would be kissing his a**? Flav's not there anymore oh monobrowed one. What a twit. Sadly his minions will arrive at some point and claim he s**ts rainbows and that it was all X's fault.

Wow he talks of overtaking Fangio and Lauda in victories! Yeah Fernando you're greater than Fangio and Lauda already.

4 years sicne he lucked into 2 championships and he still walks around like he owns the world. What an appalling example of the human race, I wish we could disown him for the sake of humanity :D

Ladies please. If you're gonna moan at least have the decency to have your false teeth in!

Personally I'm very happy Alonso did not win it. There's no way he's remotely in the same class as Fangio or Lauda. The only "ridiculous" person I saw tonight was Alonso himself.

He was on TV complaining about Petrov not moving over to him.

Team orders and crash to make Alonso win orders only apply to your own team buddy...

As Brundle said, 'get real son'.

:roll:

Get real on the fact this is racing.

He's jsut done 55 laps in a incredible hostile (for want of a better word) environement and lost out on the championship after being sat behind the same damn car for more than half the race. I hardly think any of the candidates would have been that pleased to be in that situation.

The way Alonso wears his heart on his sleeve and displays his emotions so clearly is what some find so appealing and others find a turn off. I'm in the former. In an age where drivers are hardly allowed to do or say what they think in front of the sponsors for fear of what they'll think has become a bore recently. It certainly makes a change from the likes of some drivers where you can't tell if they are actually alive or not. *cough* Kimi *cough*.

I'll argue that Webber's perhaps the one not so full of grace. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he congratulated Seb in the post race interviews whilst Alonso did, and he didn't appear to turn up at the Red Bull party either.

He's jsut done 55 laps in a incredible hostile (for want of a better word) environement and lost out on the championship after being sat behind the same damn car for more than half the race. I hardly think any of the candidates would have been that pleased to be in that situation.

The way Alonso wears his heart on his sleeve and displays his emotions so clearly is what some find so appealing and others find a turn off. I'm in the former. In an age where drivers are hardly allowed to do or say what they think in front of the sponsors for fear of what they'll think has become a bore recently. It certainly makes a change from the likes of some drivers where you can't tell if they are actually alive or not. *cough* Kimi *cough*.

I'll argue that Webber's perhaps the one not so full of grace. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he congratulated Seb in the post race interviews whilst Alonso did, and he didn't appear to turn up at the Red Bull party either.

Disagree about the bit about Alonso. His reaction was like that of one who thinks he deserves it on a platter, but didn't get it.

Agree about Webber. Poor taste.

Disagree about the bit about Alonso. His reaction was like that of one who thinks he deserves it on a platter, but didn't get it.

Agree about Webber. Poor taste.

I suppose. But if he hadn't shown any emotion at all about just losing the championship then people would start questioning his motivation a la Kimi and saying he isn't as hungry for it. That moment showed me precisely the opposite.

Yes, he did congratulate Seb on the post race interview.

Alonso's fist waving and complaining about Petrov being aggressive was just frustration and disappointment. They should be allowed a certain amount of grace before the have to do media interviews in situations like this. At least let their emotions settle before they have to answer stupid questions like, 'Are you disappointed?'

Agreed, his display after the GP showed a clear lack of class. The strategy and lack lost him the title, not Petrov.

Alonso should watch Suzuka 98 or Brazil 2006 to see how a real racing driver drives even after he knows the title is lost.

Or Adelaide 94 and Jerez 97 to see how a "real racing driver" pushes his opponent off track so he can win WDC!!!

Dont sweat it mate. All I'm reading is the lack of class displayed by Alonso.

I'd say pot calling kettle black. But thats me.

Alonso isn't a particular favourite of mine, but I prefer a driver that shows passion, that loses his rag than one that turns into a pitiful disinterested talentless shadow of his former self.

Jealousy is not an attractive quality, ladies.

:D

Alonso isn't a particular favourite of mine, but I prefer a driver that shows passion, that loses his rag than one that turns into a pitiful disinterested talentless shadow of his former self.

I thought I would see talking like this about Button. :naughty:

I thought I would see talking like this about Button. :naughty:

:wub: hi tommy (giggle)

That confused ya didnt it! ;)

Its really funny that its the same guys who used to call Lewis and Vettel as spoilt and arrogant for displaying some agression while racing, support Alonso for what he did to Petrov after the race....funny

I completely agree.

These things happen in racing. They aren't playing some soft, girly sport like football (:P) so you know, there's been worst gestures I've seen.

What about the many drives that have given others the finger after they've had their lap ruined? I think that's a worse gesture than a bit of fist waving. "Oh no, he's waving his fist".......grow a pair!

Alonso should watch Suzuka 98 or Brazil 2006 to see how a real racing driver drives even after he knows the title is lost.

or Australia 95 or Portugal 97 or this season´s Barichello affair... just to name a few "class acts"