Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Fernando So Not Full Of Grace

For those of you complaining about this thread's continuation - stop posting here, or am I missing something? For those of you complaining about maure, don't reply to him, it works. For those of you hung up on Fernando Alonso's perceived attitude with little or no regard for his actual driving (just a reminder; points are awarded for driving, not for waving fists or style of eyebrow etc) go watch X-Factor/go play with yourselves/see your shrink/f*ck off from here.

In a non-forum environment, life seems to work like this for me; I have people I talk to and those that I have nothing to do with. Of the latter, it's normally because they are unreliable/stupid/have a hidden agenda or are just not nice people. As many of you seem to put certain forum members in the latter camp, why do you persist with constant complaints? What exactly are you expecting to change? This is not face to face interraction. You do not have the choice to let tyres down or punch in the gob, so for christ's sake stop it.

Please forgive my over simplistic approach. I must be in the minority, but I have got a lot more to worry about than pushing buttons to create combative words for a pointless and fruitless mission, trying to convince a nobody from a place I have no regard for.

If this were a pub, I would be sat in the corner with a Jameson's having a great chat, but with only a few. Of the rest of you, I would say 'hello' to some, nod my head to others and take a select few outside for a damned good kicking. If this were possible in a virtual environment, we would have a great forum indeed.

As it is, TF1 serves a good pint with nice furniture. Unfortunately the landlords spend too much time upstairs.

For those of you complaining about this thread's continuation - stop posting here, or am I missing something? For those of you complaining about maure, don't reply to him, it works. For those of you hung up on Fernando Alonso's perceived attitude with little or no regard for his actual driving (just a reminder; points are awarded for driving, not for waving fists or style of eyebrow etc) go watch X-Factor/go play with yourselves/see your shrink/f*ck off from here.

In a non-forum environment, life seems to work like this for me; I have people I talk to and those that I have nothing to do with. Of the latter, it's normally because they are unreliable/stupid/have a hidden agenda or are just not nice people. As many of you seem to put certain forum members in the latter camp, why do you persist with constant complaints? What exactly are you expecting to change? This is not face to face interraction. You do not have the choice to let tyres down or punch in the gob, so for christ's sake stop it.

Please forgive my over simplistic approach. I must be in the minority, but I have got a lot more to worry about than pushing buttons to create combative words for a pointless and fruitless mission, trying to convince a nobody from a place I have no regard for.

If this were a pub, I would be sat in the corner with a Jameson's having a great chat, but with only a few. Of the rest of you, I would say 'hello' to some, nod my head to others and take a select few outside for a damned good kicking. If this were possible in a virtual environment, we would have a great forum indeed.

As it is, TF1 serves a good pint with nice furniture. Unfortunately the landlords spend too much time upstairs.

:thbup: ...to all of it.

I refuse to post in this thread. It means nothing to me.

Except, if this were a pub, it would be closed due to lack of customers.

back in my heady student days I frequented just such an establishment. the cheapness of the beer attracted a customer base consisting mainly of students, drunks, local smack addicts and a smattering of hard nut skin heads (as opposed to the lovely skin heads and chavs we see about nowadays). there was always someone having some kind of argument / altercation / fight / bottling / knifing and as long as my friends and I stayed safely huddled in our corner all was well with the world. that was until barry bumped a guy's elbow on his way to the 'gents' causing the overflow of approximately 0.003 ml of cheap beverage.

if you hang around (even incongruously) in establishments with an 'everyone is welcome' philosophy trouble has a way of finding you and putting everyone on a downer for the evening - no matter how good that acid was.

anyway - yes - I am in favour of your plan for a good old-fashioned kicking - if the admins could implement the scheme forthwith we'll soon have a civil enough environment for g&t's and they won't have to ban anyone.

oh yes - and can we get a snooker table in please?

The driver that _no_one_ was going to hire...

The driver that you hypocrite lot hate so much...

The driver that sums up your entire F1 universe as this thread shows...

F1 bosses vote Alonso the best of 2010

http://totalf1.com/details/view/360611/F1_bosses_vote_Alonso_the_best_of_2010

Amusing.

That driver is so good that should be installed in every computer in the world :P

but, you can't deny he's good to watch, he's damn quick, he's entertaining. Hamster's magic to watch, and Twitters like a 10yr old gangsta, but, he's damn quick and entertaining :P

I'm sorry, but I really have to disagree, with both you and teddytub. Alonso is NOT entertaining to watch. He's become the epitome of a typical present standardized driver. No abilty to overtake, taking wins from poles or inheriting it <------- my favourite point. He approaches curbs in a very akward way, I've called him the donkey driver on numerous occasions because of his hacking of the steering wheels when he rides curbs. This is reactive driving at it's best, dull and NOT entertaining.

If Alonso did'nt inherit that win in Korea, i think the picture with fans might have been different. They would'nt have really expected him to win the championship...

Hamilton's style I love of course, very agressive, remind me of the old gladiators, on the edge and very exciting to watch.

I'm sorry, but I really have to disagree, with both you and teddytub. Alonso is NOT entertaining to watch. He's become the epitome of a typical present standardized driver. No abilty to overtake, taking wins from poles or inheriting it <------- my favourite point. He approaches curbs in a very akward way, I've called him the donkey driver on numerous occasions because of his hacking of the steering wheels when he rides curbs. This is reactive driving at it's best, dull and NOT entertaining.

If Alonso did'nt inherit that win in Korea, i think the picture with fans might have been different. They would'nt have really expected him to win the championship...

Hamilton's style I love of course, very agressive, remind me of the old gladiators, on the edge and very exciting to watch.

Well I disagree with you disagreeing with me, to be clear, there's a general disagreeingness going on here.

I think he's damn quick, so I emailed all the team mangers and told them I was from AutoSport, and asked them to vote for who was the best this year. Then, 'cos I know a certain 'member' is into conspiracies... I doctored the figs so that Alonso came out on top. Then I convinced AleHop that he kills baby seals just for good measure (btw, thanks AleH, loved that!) :P

Anyway. My round, pint or a half? ;)

EDIT:

PS: Re his hacking style. Mike (Autumnpuma) wrote a fascinating bit on these styles a while ago - it's a damn good read, especially seeing how each driver achieves the bite they need (grip, nothing to do with blood drinkers). come back Mike, you're needed dude!

When Steve makes sense, he makes lots of it.

:thbup:

...and the rest of the time?

You are doing Kimi impersonations on youtube. And both things are antithetic. :D

When Steve makes sense, he makes lots of it.

:thbup:

The rest of the time you make something else. :P

Then I convinced AleHop that he kills baby seals just for good measure (btw, thanks AleH, loved that!) :P

Alonso told me, and I don't want to change a single word, ok guys, this is ridiculous. :D

He's right as usually. :)

Anyway. My round, pint or a half? ;)

Can I have a two halves? :unsure:

Edit: because I'm worth it.

For those of you complaining about maure, don't reply to him, it works.

I only wish it did..

For those of you hung up on Fernando Alonso's perceived attitude with little or no regard for his actual driving (just a reminder; points are awarded for driving, not for waving fists or style of eyebrow etc) go watch X-Factor/go play with yourselves/see your shrink/f*ck off from here.

Actually it's quite fun to discuss things other than his actual driving sometimes, especially to see some people's reactions :P I don't know about the rest of the people enjoying Alonso's histrionics but I do have high regard for his driving skill, he is the 3rd or 4th best driver on the grid today.

To carry forward the pub analogy, you'd be sitting in a corner having a nice chat when a raving lunatic will come and prod each of the chat participants in turn, manage to elicit a response and make everything about him, and there willbe nothing you can do.

Oh I think snoris something already said what I wanted to, more coherently.

I'll have a diet coke then Steve, ta.

Quick everyone, before the tightfist puts his money back in its safe. :P

If this were a pub, I would be sat in the corner with a Jameson's having a great chat, but with only a few. Of the rest of you, I would say 'hello' to some, nod my head to others and take a select few outside for a damned good kicking.

*Standing outside, bent over and bracing myself*

I refuse to post in this thread. It means nothing to me.

Except, if this were a pub, it would be closed due to lack of customers.

And we'd drunked be and more sense makes.

I'll have a diet coke then Steve, ta.

Quick everyone, before the tightfist puts his money back in its safe. :P

(runs and hides)

I'll have a hot chocolate in my corner, talk to Murray too loudly attracting attention as always, but on very interesting and insightful topics (HA) so you should join in :P

Your bigoted desperation... that's all F1 is for you lot. Blame the spic in F1, blame me here. It is your hatred what's making fools of you.

Hear my laughter.

Says the guy that slags off Lewis Hamilton at every opportunity. Are you too dense to realise what a hypocrite you are, or are you simply under some delusion that different rules apply to you?

And the 'my c#ck is bigger than yours' competition starts again. :yawn:

Well said Delta. For arguments sake, those who rubbish Kimi at every opportunity need to smell the crap on their shoes as well. Makes my day when folk cry about one driver being run into the ground for something they did, yet get out the hatchet for something another driver didn't do.

And the 'my c#ck is bigger than yours' competition starts again. :yawn:

Well, mines bigger than yours...nah naha nahaannnaaaa

Says the guy that slags off Lewis Hamilton at every opportunity. Are you too dense to realise what a hypocrite you are, or are you simply under some delusion that different rules apply to you?

Thanks to you, my friend, Delta, everytime you quote Maure it overrides my ignore setting.... :angry::wacko:

However, that said, it does show that he is the only person that uses a bigoted, racist term in describing Fernando. Kettle, meet pot.

Otherwise, Delta, carry on :thbup::thbup: