Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Fernando So Not Full Of Grace

Exactly, Alex.

Had a message off him 2 nights ago. He's fine and well. Hasn't had time to come here, as he really is helping out wherever he can.

Deserves a heroes medal he does.

Exactly, Alex.

Had a message off him 2 nights ago. He's fine and well. Hasn't had time to come here, as he really is helping out wherever he can.

Deserves a heroes medal he does.

True. :thbup:

So, Maure do have his followers. I'm impressed. :D

:lol: I wouldn't say follower(s). I don't follow the crowd . The crowd follows me, Braddybaby ;). But yeah, I may not agree with his posts or his style of doing so, but away from all of the F1 and d#ck waving, he's a good friend. Funny. And honest!

So, Maure do have his followers. I'm impressed. :D

Yes, the world would be a lot better if insane people didn't have followers. So a short while ago he was almost dead and in hospital for months, now he is up and sprightly saving babies in Japan. Good on him and his superpowers of recovery, people like him make the world a better place. Maure is my hero too and I believe every single word he says - he has also told us he is a millionaire, has published numerous research papers, and knows everything to do about anything, his superhuman existence deserves respect.

Might be an instructive investigation in delusional people and their delusional followers to parse through his posts and see every single claim he has made about himself, and the people who hang on to his every word.

I see maure's much more important for some people hereabouts than he's for his followers.

Good to know it.

Maure is like Marmite on this forum. Dark brown, sticky, and a challenge to scrape out when there's not much left.

Oh well, you know what I meant.

Maure is like Marmite on this forum. Dark brown, sticky, and a challenge to scrape out when there's not much left.

Oh well, you know what I meant.

Yes indeed - I think we all want him to put a lid on it. :D

your worst conspiracy nightmare... be afraid, be very afraid.

how is life ironic! i am referring to Maure's avatar photo of mr.Burns,owner of fishy nuclear plant.

who is Maure?

He's a bit like Shaun.

Oh hell no, if this thread get's going again, us Kimi-ites are going to have to revive teh Kimi thread then :mf_tongue: haha

But kudos to Maure for helping out in Japan. Sad to see it's now not mainstream news each night, as it should be with the dodgy info coming out about how "safe" all the radioactivity is. Anyway, an olive branch to him for now lol. As soon as he's back and proclaiming oh monobrow as the peoples champion, he'll meet some fierce resistance.

Might be an instructive investigation in delusional people and their delusional followers to parse through his posts and see every single claim he has made about himself, and the people who hang on to his every word.

Trust me on this. I honestly don't think he's a liar. And I know for a fact I'm not delusional. I may have a bad memory since my accident, but I'm not delusional.

I can see that his posts cause a lot of arguments, and a lot of controversy. So do yours. You two have a history. Don't drag others into your crusade.

Do you ever have gut instincts? I have them. Something tells you when it feels right or wrong? When you just know something. You can't explain it, you just know? My gut instinct about you is that you're a good man in real life. You enjoy interaction. You enjoy creating a reaction. It's intriguing to you how people react. I don't think you're as opinionated in life as you are here.

And I know I'm right.

Trust me on this. I honestly don't think he's a liar. And I know for a fact I'm not delusional. I may have a bad memory since my accident, but I'm not delusional.

I can see that his posts cause a lot of arguments, and a lot of controversy. So do yours. You two have a history. Don't drag others into your crusade.

Do you ever have gut instincts? I have them. Something tells you when it feels right or wrong? When you just know something. You can't explain it, you just know? My gut instinct about you is that you're a good man in real life. You enjoy interaction. You enjoy creating a reaction. It's intriguing to you how people react. I don't think you're as opinionated in life as you are here.

And I know I'm right.

Steph - you like to like people and you want people to be likeable. It is an adorable trait, but one that leads you occasionally to trust people who shouldn't be trusted and love people who don't reciprocate that love.

And I know I'm right. :P

On the other hand, I find Maure interesting but I like to call a spade a spade...

We all learn at a young age how to manipulate feelings in others. We know how to make people upset, how to make them angry, how to make them happy. Very early, most people experience feelings of sympathy and empathy for others and understand intuitively the importance of manipulating other people's emotions for good only and cease taking any pleasure in upsetting people.

The people who are best at this around here are the funny guys. Like Pabloh, Andre etc etc. Guys who are genuinely nice. They don't boast or talk about themselves in grandious ways. They don't make up stories about themselves in search of praise. They don't seek the attention of others with threads aimed at securing people's reassurance that they're not pricks. And they certainly don't deliberately upset people for their own _entertainment_. When conversation comes to themselves they are self-depreciating, humble and make fun of themselves.

These people are genuinely nice people.

On the other hand, we have those who grew into the playground bullies. They were often the victims of bullies in their own youth and were probably the nerdy kids with few good friends. That made them angry at the world. They don't feel sympathy when they toy with other's emotions because they never felt like anyone gave a Sh#t about them. It's understandable but that doesn't make it right. They blame their victims' reactions to their taunting on those victims, because they don't see it as fair to see any fault in themselves. In places like this anonymous forum they can seek the 'respect' they felt they never got before because they can lie and manipulate without ever having to prove anything.

These people may have an excuse for it, but they are not nice people.

Remember how Maure felt the need to ask how to render a wall he was building for the sweet old granny who lived next door? Why ask a question you can find the answer to on Google in 2 minutes? Why tell us the wall was for a sweet old granny? Why post it in the F1 discussions forum? That was the perfect example of a thread meant solely to manipulate our collective oppinion of him. "Look I'm a really nice guy."

Maure makes all sorts of claims which he'll never have to back up because that is what manipulative people do. Last time he was here he p**sed off just about everyone. Now he'll wait a while. Then he'll come back with some sensible posts until people start to unblock him, then gradually he'll start poking people (because at the end of the day, he can't resist) and then he'll start trying to hurt people again, because frankly its the way he connects with the rest of humanity. It's how he gets his kicks. We've seen the routine enough times to know it will happen exactly the same way again.

He will use whatever he can to obtain some kind of sympathy from people because he knows people are generally nice and sympathetic and want to think the same of him.

There are two things I think about Maure...

1 - He is not a nice person. Nice people don't do what he does.

2 - 90% of the time he is full of sh#t.

A manipulative person would tell you something like "Things are really bad here right now and F1 seems so distant. I'm helping out where I can - there's just so much tragedy here but we're all helping each other to come to terms with the grief. You know people are really strong and their goodness comes out when they have to deal with something like this. I'm just so grateful that my family are all okay. It's important that we give what we can to those who have been less fortunate." Sound about right?

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps Maure does have 12 degrees, can talk 20 languages, spends all his free time helping old ladies and cooking for the homeless months after life-threatening brain surgery. But here's an important question - Would that kind of person really come to an F1 forum and post the stuff he does? Would a person that nice in 'real' life be so openly unpleasant in finding _amusement_ from other people's upset? Perhaps he's just a lonely, bitter but imaginative man sat in his mum's basement in Des Moines.

And that's the point - we really know nothing of each others lives outside this forum. All we should judge people on here is their actions within this forum, not what they say happens outside it. That should be enough to know that Maure is not "genuinely the nicest guy ever" even if we'd like him to be and even if he PM's us with nice friendly messages.

Sorry Steph. Like I say - I call a spade a spade. You like to like. You are much nicer than me.

Last of all - this forum does not need Maure and never has done. It is a much more pleasant place for not having him here. I very much hope he stays far away.

Steph - you like to like people and you want people to be likeable. It is an adorable trait, but one that leads you occasionally to trust people who shouldn't be trusted and love people who don't reciprocate that love.

And I know I'm right. :P

On the other hand, I find Maure interesting but I like to call a spade a spade...

We all learn at a young age how to manipulate feelings in others. We know how to make people upset, how to make them angry, how to make them happy. Very early, most people experience feelings of sympathy and empathy for others and understand intuitively the importance of manipulating other people's emotions for good only and cease taking any pleasure in upsetting people.

The people who are best at this around here are the funny guys. Like Pabloh, Andre etc etc. Guys who are genuinely nice. They don't boast or talk about themselves in grandious ways. They don't make up stories about themselves in search of praise. They don't seek the attention of others with threads aimed at securing people's reassurance that they're not pricks. And they certainly don't deliberately upset people for their own _entertainment_. When conversation comes to themselves they are self-depreciating, humble and make fun of themselves.

These people are genuinely nice people.

On the other hand, we have those who grew into the playground bullies. They were often the victims of bullies in their own youth and were probably the nerdy kids with few good friends. That made them angry at the world. They don't feel sympathy when they toy with other's emotions because they never felt like anyone gave a Sh#t about them. It's understandable but that doesn't make it right. They blame their victims' reactions to their taunting on those victims, because they don't see it as fair to see any fault in themselves. In places like this anonymous forum they can seek the 'respect' they felt they never got before because they can lie and manipulate without ever having to prove anything.

These people may have an excuse for it, but they are not nice people.

Remember how Maure felt the need to ask how to render a wall he was building for the sweet old granny who lived next door? Why ask a question you can find the answer to on Google in 2 minutes? Why tell us the wall was for a sweet old granny? Why post it in the F1 discussions forum? That was the perfect example of a thread meant solely to manipulate our collective oppinion of him. "Look I'm a really nice guy."

Maure makes all sorts of claims which he'll never have to back up because that is what manipulative people do. Last time he was here he p**sed off just about everyone. Now he'll wait a while. Then he'll come back with some sensible posts until people start to unblock him, then gradually he'll start poking people (because at the end of the day, he can't resist) and then he'll start trying to hurt people again, because frankly its the way he connects with the rest of humanity. It's how he gets his kicks. We've seen the routine enough times to know it will happen exactly the same way again.

He will use whatever he can to obtain some kind of sympathy from people because he knows people are generally nice and sympathetic and want to think the same of him.

There are two things I think about Maure...

1 - He is not a nice person. Nice people don't do what he does.

2 - 90% of the time he is full of sh#t.

A manipulative person would tell you something like "Things are really bad here right now and F1 seems so distant. I'm helping out where I can - there's just so much tragedy here but we're all helping each other to come to terms with the grief. You know people are really strong and their goodness comes out when they have to deal with something like this. I'm just so grateful that my family are all okay. It's important that we give what we can to those who have been less fortunate." Sound about right?

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps Maure does have 12 degrees, can talk 20 languages, spends all his free time helping old ladies and cooking for the homeless months after life-threatening brain surgery. But here's an important question - Would that kind of person really come to an F1 forum and post the stuff he does? Would a person that nice in 'real' life be so openly unpleasant in finding _amusement_ from other people's upset? Perhaps he's just a lonely, bitter but imaginative man sat in his mum's basement in Des Moines.

And that's the point - we really know nothing of each others lives outside this forum. All we should judge people on here is their actions within this forum, not what they say happens outside it. That should be enough to know that Maure is not "genuinely the nicest guy ever" even if we'd like him to be and even if he PM's us with nice friendly messages.

Sorry Steph. Like I say - I call a spade a spade. You like to like. You are much nicer than me.

Last of all - this forum does not need Maure and never has done. It is a much more pleasant place for not having him here. I very much hope he stays far away.

Quite brilliant. The bold created a giggle that resonated deep in the office.

Trust me on this. I honestly don't think he's a liar.

I am not doubting your honesty, but feel you have been a bit credulous with him..

Please, it's annoying to draw such parallels. I don't claim my posting here meets any great standard. But compared to the delusional paranoid drivel, the abuse, the sheer unreasonableness of maure? That person is the most unreasonable human being I have ever communicated with. He won't ever ever admit to making a mistake, ever. I have trapped him more than once on making a wrong factual claim, he will never ever admit it. I don't have a crusade, but nor will I just stand by and watch such idle hero worship.

Do you ever have gut instincts? I have them.

I have them and when I can't find a good reason for them I ignore them. As snoris-something said, you're a person who wears their heart on their sleeve. You are the person you come across as, a bit of impulsiveness doesn't hide a whole lot of good sense and niceness. Not everyone is like that. Imagine if you could be utterly selfish, if you had no sense of morals and ethics, if everything you did and said was to achieve a certain selfish aim. That kind of person is a manipulative psychopath. They have no interest in being in a reasonable debate because they are not here to prove a point but purely for entertainment. Being proven wrong is irrelevant for them because being right or wrong is utterly irrelevant. There are no qualms about lying and outright dishonesty.

That's a brilliantly put post sir.

I hate to write this and hope the goon himself never reads it, but I actually quite like Maure. He's clever and thought-provoking and he has a lot of good ideas. He just shows it in an annoying way - unlike ever-civil, polite people like me.

I liked it Murray.

Saying that he should get lost and never come back to this forum is sad. Ok, he can be annoying sometimes but many of you that are now complaining about him were like loving it in the heat of the moment. Besides, some of you and other members can be as annoying as maure. I think maure is a fairly amazing human being and that's why you all are writing about him. I'm not talking here about his personal life, this is F1 (and MotoGP) what I'm talking about.

You don't believe he helps people in japan, what's the problem? He suffered brain surgery? Sometimes you get killed through that or you get back to a quite normal life in a few months. You don't trust him? Or you just don't trust anybody on an internet forum? He's not asking for money!!! His personal life has nothing to do with your desires of having maure far far away from this forum. With maure this place is nicer, he puts a lot of mediocre people in their places for a start. And that is fun.

He annoyed everybody else but me. I liked his ideas, not being bothered by his rude manners towards everybody else. Then he annoyed even me. For a week or so this was a barren land with only his spamming posts around and everybody p**sed off. Made me ask for moderation to return. And I considered him a friend just like Steph does. I respected him. Somehow. Regardless.

But people who chooses to be confrontative or downright annoying are exposed to be loathed so I never felt any sympathies for his claims of being "lynched". And once he stepped on my toes I lost all sypmathy and respect for him as well.

If you want to act like an annoying fly you should expect to be treated like one.

Flies can't chose to behave like humans. Humans have a choice.

Flies can't chose to behave like humans.

Indeed. Just ask Jeff Goldblum.

Worrying about the validity of personal life claims on an internet forum is like wondering what's happening on a planet 10 million light years away; both are interesting concepts, pretty difficult to prove one way or the other and highly unlikely to have any impact on your life.

Too often I have been asked to believe in aliens with no photo evidence. Bored with that now.