Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Fernando So Not Full Of Grace

I agree with Muzza and QO!

Let me add: I think the actual problem here is some people get too personally invested in this forum, they feel they have something to prove or are somehow putting, in a sense, their reputation on the line here. I think this is the actual cause of a lot of the more heated arguments, rather than the actual contested topics themselves (and not just with maure). It's the reason why when you raise a counter point to some people (even if politely) they will react aggressively, get offended for no good reason, or proclaim they are leaving, because they feel you have hurt their image or reputation on the forum. Of course, on the 'net it's much easier to react that way and a lack of body language, tone of voice, and lots of other things, doesn't really help. I suppose my point is, people shouldn't be so concerned with their appearance or image on a forum. If you say something stupid or inconsistent, the worst thing to happen is somebody you'll never meet will correct you with a sarcastic post. How you respond to that criticism says more about you than your original post.

Based on Maure's posts it seems to me that he is aware of this concern about image and so he plays on it (or as Ale said "he puts a lot of mediocre people in their places for a start", not that I agree with the mediocre part), and he's able to do that because he's quite intelligent, which is why he is the most effective troll you'll find on the internet. It is a shame that he takes that approach when he could offer so much more by replying to people in a less sarcastic, egotistic way, whilst making the same criticisms (many of which are valid).

My crackpot theories aside, Adam has it right, you should just judge people on what they say and do here rather than things they tell you (esp. when what they tell you is only good things. Nobody ever comes out with a bad story..).

Anyway, that is my sociological theory on maure and many other forum arguments. No doubt someone will show the stupidity of this post and I'll be forced to leave. I feel like an enabler now because if he ever reads this thread he'll just receive another ego boost! :lol:

Let me add: I think the actual problem here is some people get too personally invested in this forum, they feel they have something to prove or are somehow putting, in a sense, their reputation on the line here. I think this is the actual cause of a lot of the more heated arguments, rather than the actual contested topics themselves (and not just with maure). It's the reason why when you raise a counter point to some people (even if politely) they will react aggressively, get offended for no good reason, or proclaim they are leaving, because they feel you have hurt their image or reputation on the forum. Of course, on the 'net it's much easier to react that way and a lack of body language, tone of voice, and lots of other things, doesn't really help. I suppose my point is, people shouldn't be so concerned with their appearance or image on a forum. If you say something stupid or inconsistent, the worst thing to happen is somebody you'll never meet will correct you with a sarcastic post. How you respond to that criticism says more about you than your original post.

**** off! Why the personal attacks? You're pathetic! I'm off!

My crackpot theories aside, Adam has it right, you should just judge people on what they say and do here rather than things they tell you (esp. when what they tell you is only good things. Nobody ever comes out with a bad story..).
I rob from grannies to feed my meth addiction.

**** off! Why the personal attacks? You're pathetic! I'm off!

I rob from grannies to feed my meth addiction.

:D That kind of behaviour is exactly why we need good people like maure to build them walls.

he must be very impressive if you discuss so much about him. it says something about you as much as about him.

he must be very impressive if you discuss so much about him. it says something about you as much as about him.

About us it says we are bored out of our skulls.

About him it says he builds walls.

Not that much when you think about it.

too much text for nothing then

Indeed. Just ask Jeff Goldblum.

Worrying about the validity of personal life claims on an internet forum is like wondering what's happening on a planet 10 million light years away; both are interesting concepts, pretty difficult to prove one way or the other and highly unlikely to have any impact on your life.

Too often I have been asked to believe in aliens with no photo evidence. Bored with that now.

Are you on a period or are you just being extra bitchy?

he must be very impressive if you discuss so much about him.

They discuss so much about him because someone said he was helping people in Japan. :o

it says something about you as much as about him.

It says more about them and it says a lot about a few. :eusa_think:

Unless he builds walls out of skulls.

Are you on a period or are you just being extra bitchy?

Neither. I thought my post was reasonable.

Off to work.

With bricks and a trowel?

Neither. I thought my post was reasonable.

Right. Whatever you say.

From mine experience as civil engineer, old grannies don't appreciate your erection of their wall. At the end some drunkard or dog will piss on it,so you better stop bricking it.

Uh oh. Now Steve is bricking it. Doubt he'll throw in the trowel though.

Nope. Mortar come.

From mine experience as civil engineer, old grannies don't appreciate your erection of their wall. At the end some drunkard or dog will piss on it,so you better stop bricking it.

From my experience with grannies, they do like erections.

*rimshot*

so..., you are into grannies?

It's more like they are into him. The baldness, the dress sense; it instills a sense of comfort.

It's more like they are into him. The baldness, the dress sense; it instills a sense of comfort.

:laughing:

I think it is a bit of both.

One could say:

In "his" experience of "his" erections, they are into grannies.