Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Fernando So Not Full Of Grace

You forgot one other driver...

kovi?

actually there are a lot of mature drivers down the grid who don't cry when things don't go their way, but certainly hamilton, alonso, vettel and webber have all displayed infantile responses to misfortune. to say this is just an alonso thing is a cheap shot while to say that it's justified is also incorrect. I think most sensible people agree on the middle ground - it was silly, but it's fairly common amongst F1 drivers past and present. nothing worth getting worked up about.

Just as your own very valuable input is.

Not.

I suggest you check your facts the next time you reply. Firstly, I'm not an Alonso fan. Secondly, on page 2 - read further down the page. I said I was baiting (joking about) with two other members.

Crying out loud, when will people use their brain AND READ THE THREAD BEFORE JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS?

so - let me get this right - you've switched to backing alonso, changed you name to gertrude and think he should have jumped out of the car and stomped on the russians head? jeez steph gertrude, that's pretty out of order. petrov was driving for position.

Sorry, but I never paid attention again to this silly issue. Now I decided to watch the video of his gesture and, frankly, I can't see what the ruckus is all about. The video itself is pretty short and the quality leaves much to be desired. Maybe he is showing his fist (btw, I didn't know that fist waving was such a strong gesture for the English, always thought that it was merely a gesture of defiance). When I saw it the day of the race, and now again, it seemed to me that he is just moving his hand up and down with the fingers joined by the fingertips, the gesture known here as "montoncito" (literally, "little lump") which could be roughly translated as "what were you thinking?" or "what were you doing back there?". A defiant and frustrated reaction, but milder than showing the finger by a long way. Even milder than Vettel's gestures at Turkey. Perhaps I am wrong, of course.

Nah, I am not.

indeed andres - but no need for such a long explanation - alonso wiggled his fingers at petrov - tut tut, big deal - let's move on.

Sorry, but I never paid attention again to this silly issue. Now I decided to watch the video of his gesture and, frankly, I can't see what the ruckus is all about. The video itself is pretty short and the quality leaves much to be desired. Maybe he is showing his fist (btw, I didn't know that fist waving was such a strong gesture for the English, always thought that it was merely a gesture of defiance). When I saw it the day of the race, and now again, it seemed to me that he is just moving his hand up and down with the fingers joined by the fingertips, the gesture known here as "montoncito" (literally, "little lump") which could be roughly translated as "what were you thinking?" or "what were you doing back there?". A defiant and frustrated reaction, but milder than showing the finger by a long way. Even milder than Vettel's gestures at Turkey. Perhaps I am wrong, of course.

Nah, I am not.

The most humongousest importantest thing here is that Fernando So Not Full Of Grace

Everything else in the whole universe, attracting potential "new members" to the forum included, is superseded by getting across that thought... and this is only third (or fourth) page of the most essentialest thread in the forum.

Alonso; grumpy bloke with big eyebrow. Fast. Back next year. That's it.

kovi?

actually there are a lot of mature drivers down the grid who don't cry when things don't go their way, but certainly hamilton, alonso, vettel and webber have all displayed infantile responses to misfortune. to say this is just an alonso thing is a cheap shot while to say that it's justified is also incorrect. I think most sensible people agree on the middle ground - it was silly, but it's fairly common amongst F1 drivers past and present. nothing worth getting worked up about.

so - let me get this right - you've switched to backing alonso, changed you name to gertrude and think he should have jumped out of the car and stomped on the russians head? jeez steph gertrude, that's pretty out of order. petrov was driving for position.

:lol:

Busted x2

I'll post so that the thread goes back to the top.

Then I will PM everyone to tell them not to post on this thread so that it doesn't go to the top.

Out of my hands, but this thread goes back to the top.

Cavallino (himself, yeah!!!) created this most important thread right after the season finished. It's message must not be lost. It is _that_ important.

:lol:

So lets see what we have here.

I guess its alright for:-

Senna to have punched Irvine

Villeneuve to have grabbed Montoya by the throat

Schumacher to have bashed the crap out of Hill's car in anger.

Coulthard giving old Mikeyboy the finger more than a few times.

More than one driver dangerously brake-testing the other (this was one of Montoya's tricks on JPM)

Sebast*rd Vettel publicly calling his team mate 'crazy'

Villeneuve storming over to Eddie Irvine and having a right go

Zonta giving the finger to a track marshall.

So, I guess this thread is a joke and a waste of time, clearly hypocritical and clearly insane.

Let's not forget Schumacher in Spa (1998); crashing into the back from a slowing Coulthard and then storming into the McLaren pit garage ready to throw punches. Luckily for Coulthard his jowls are impenetrable.

Spa 1998

BTW, I'm a long time Schumacher fan - but at least I'm not blind.

And no offense, but Cav has not insulted anyone in this thread; there was no need to take quite a few (indirect) digs at him in this thread. Of course, you've every right to say that what Alonso did is not really wrong, but why get personal? You're quite better than that.

My honest opinion - I just think it says something about his personality, it isn't mere post last race rage, it is rather consistent with sides to his personality he has shown time and again.

It is amusing that people keep bringing up Schumacher, I realized it is because apparently I have his picture as my avatar (I have signatures avatars etc turned off). I left it there because it seems to annoy a certain kind of person that much.

You want to jump on Schumacher, get a clue rather than repeating the same drivel. Here I will give you a hint. Go on youtube and find a video of Schumacher talking about Senna's death and how he didn't know about it till well after the race which is why he celebrated his victory. The problem - even if we accept that it was ok to celebrate after what was certainly a huge crash and not knowing how Senna was, a certain guy called Roland Ratzenberger died the day before. So some respect was due. Maybe it says something about the guy though that he was busy celebrating a win rather than pondering over his own mortality, maybe if he didn't react that way he wouldn't be the guy who won 7 world titles and decided to come back at the age of 41..

Let's not forget Schumacher in Spa (1998); crashing into the back from a slowing Coulthard and then storming into the McLaren pit garage ready to throw punches. Luckily for Coulthard his jowls are impenetrable.

Spa 1998

media]

[/media]

BTW, I'm a long time Schumacher fan - but at least I'm not blind.

You get more points than the others, but as a long time Schumacher fan, you should know that Coulthard later admitted it was his fault - http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/07/06/1057430084085.html

I am not a blind fan, I am hardly a fan, people racing around in circles is just not enough to get me that worked up about anything.

I dunno why people keep bringing that up. DC lifted off to let Michael past, and made a serious error of judgment which resulted in a dangerous crash. Michael's reaction was understandable, and I don't see why so many people lynch him for it.

The most (self)important member of TF1, cavallino, identified THIS topic as the most crucial matter to discuss on the heels of the last GP of the season.

True, in other threads, the wisest of TF1 are deep in thought regarding RBR's combination of amazing skill (with Vettel) and amazing idiocy (with Webber). But those threads only scratch the surface of F1.

This _one_ is thread that will attract "new members". This _one_ is the thread that sets the standard. And now that the thread is going back to the top (don't thank me), as it rightly deserves (ahaaaaaa), let's hear what the most (self)important member of TF1 has to say about...

Fernando So Not Full Of Grace

... this most essential topic in F1.

Phewwwww.

For a few seconds, this thread created by cavallino, the most (self)important member of TF1, was not the topmost.

We, minions, gotta keep alive the flame of high-fly uber-profound discussions.

Think of the "new members". I beg ya.

So many topics of utmost significance being discussed at once in the TF1 forums. The intellectual heights, the cogitative limits that are being reached (and breached) are so... so... sobering.

It is difficult to keep up for us common folk.

Without any more much ado, let's bring this remarkable and (yes!) history-making thread back up to the top.

Maure, if you're over 13 years old, you're absolutely embarrassing. Grow up. You're trolling and I no longer have any tolerance for you now that you're only goal is to take a dump on the forum. You were impossible to deal with in the beginning and now you're just being an attention whore. It's a shame; you had a nice blog there for a while.

And now it's time to find out how well the "Manage Ignored Users" function works. Hopefully well...

:rolleyes:

Wow. Insults. This is so great. Forgive me for not actually reading your posts but the insults are more than sufficient.

So, thank you guys. I'm touched.

I'll now post this so that this thread and your insightful comments go to the top.

And if anyone dares to claim your posts are hypocritical, I dare them to post here too.

Else, I will.

Overkill, you say?

No way.

I'm learning sooooo much about F1. You guys _REALLY_ know what F1 is all about. It so like shows, completely, like.

And soooo many, like, "new members" are signing up, it is difficult, nay, impossible to keep up!!

My honest opinion - I just think it says something about his personality, it isn't mere post last race rage, it is rather consistent with sides to his personality he has shown time and again.

You get more points than the others, but as a long time Schumacher fan, you should know that Coulthard later admitted it was his fault - http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/07/06/1057430084085.html

And Alonso also retracted this gestures (or explained them).

I don't want to make this post too serious (ahem Maure), but I think it is a little harsh dumping on Alonso. In fact we really can't do that to anyone - because we are not living in their shoes.

What springs to mind is Alonso at McLaren. During that time, I'm sure he didn't win many new fans - British or otherwise. But we really don't know what happened when he was at McLaren. After all, his boss was Ron Dennis and we know what Ron is like at the best of times. Furthermore, Alonso had to deal with a rather arrogant Lewis (somewhat mellower now) and a team that was clearly barracking for Lewis. It must be hard to be WDC two years running (slaying the all mighty Schumacher) and then move to a team only to be mistreated.

I mean, Ron in Abu Dhabi was barking orders to the McLaren pit wall to leave Jenson out as long as possible so Lewis could overtake and come in second. Obviously because Button was mathematically out of it, but clearly, Ron still overseas things from a distance. That was only a taste of Ron. Imagine what it was like when he was actually running the joint.

I have to admit, I used to be guilty of the same pleasure. First with Lewis and then Vettel. But over the years I've come to say "Yeah, Lewis/Vettel aren't that bad afterall - they're only human"

Just read yesterday that Vettel's first contract with RBR was for for a sum containing only 4 digits in order to keep him racing. It is the assumption of Webber fans, that Vettel has been spoon fed and his path laid in gold by his sugar daddy Marko. But he also had to do it tough (although not as tough as Webber).

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/359894/Talent_scout_denies_Schu_invested_in_Vettel_career/

To cut a long story short - every coin has two sides and every F1 driver has a long and fascinating story (except for Heikki Kovalainen) ;)

Fwon, so much unnecessary controversy in your post. Can't we not just get along? Think of the "new members". Think of puppies and long walks on the beach. Think.

Why oh why did you post anything but praise about Hamilton and RD?

Why oh why did you have to bring up anything about team orders at McLaren?

Isn't it enough (I don't want to make this post too serious, you understand) that many members of this forum are still stuck in 07 and that what happened then still is their rule of thumb regarding what can and cannot be talked about? And who can talk and who cannot? And how?

Isn't that after all why we are posting in this most groundbreakingly newfangled thread?

I bow to you for posting on this thread.

Let's keep the hope alive.

And Alonso also retracted this gestures (or explained them).

I don't want to make this post too serious (ahem Maure), but I think it is a little harsh dumping on Alonso. In fact we really can't do that to anyone - because we are not living in their shoes.

What springs to mind is Alonso at McLaren. During that time, I'm sure he didn't win many new fans - British or otherwise. But we really don't know what happened when he was at McLaren. After all, his boss was Ron Dennis and we know what Ron is like at the best of times. Furthermore, Alonso had to deal with a rather arrogant Lewis (somewhat mellower now) and a team that was clearly barracking for Lewis. It must be hard to be WDC two years running (slaying the all mighty Schumacher) and then move to a team only to be mistreated.

I mean, Ron in Abu Dhabi was barking orders to the McLaren pit wall to leave Jenson out as long as possible so Lewis could overtake and come in second. Obviously because Button was mathematically out of it, but clearly, Ron still overseas things from a distance. That was only a taste of Ron. Imagine what it was like when he was actually running the joint.

I have to admit, I used to be guilty of the same pleasure. First with Lewis and then Vettel. But over the years I've come to say "Yeah, Lewis/Vettel aren't that bad afterall - they're only human"

Just read yesterday that Vettel's first contract with RBR was for for a sum containing only 4 digits in order to keep him racing. It is the assumption of Webber fans, that Vettel has been spoon fed and his path laid in gold by his sugar daddy Marko. But he also had to do it tough (although not as tough as Webber).

http://www.totalf1.c..._Vettel_career/

To cut a long story short - every coin has two sides and every F1 driver has a long and fascinating story (except for Heikki Kovalainen) ;)

Good post but I like HK.

Maure can't complain this time.

Edit: too late.