Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Ban Maure

Well, Bruce is indisposed and Eduardo has become the seldom seen kid. I have no idea where Wes is these days. Bored of his creation, probably, or despairing at the infantile tantrums clogging up the pages. Why not just try being civil to one another. Costs nothing.

Just happend on this, as my alter ego would say, buck up you pansey drama queen I'nn ban you but let you leave on your own, jackwagon!!!! (thanks to R. Lee Ermry)

Take 1 cup of medilloni, a tablepoon of monza gorilla and a teaspoon of LabradoRacer. Now bring to a simmer and you've got a good recipe of forum decorum.

You forgot the daveybaby whisky. Mellow and smooth with age. (that's a compliment, really!)

Hey, Maure survived! Good to have you back.

None of our regular posters should be banned and that includes Maure. We all make a comment or two that's over the line. The ban stick should only be used in the most extreme of circumstances. Most posts of worth are filled with emotion and sometimes are abrasive. Life is sometimes abrasive. Deal with it. Or not. But banning someone for having strong opinions seems a sure-fire way to sink a forum into boring obscurity.

None of our regular posters should be banned and that includes Maure. We all make a comment or two that's over the line. The ban stick should only be used in the most extreme of circumstances. Most posts of worth are filled with emotion and sometimes are abrasive. Life is sometimes abrasive. Deal with it. Or not. But banning someone for having strong opinions seems a sure-fire way to sink a forum into boring obscurity.

I don't agree at all, he posts the same off topic nonsense and manages to derail practically every thread that gets created. The fact that this topic, despite having nothing to do with F1 is in an F1 discussion board should tell you what you need to know.

I don't agree at all, he posts the same off topic nonsense and manages to derail practically every thread that gets created. The fact that this topic, despite having nothing to do with F1 is in an F1 discussion board should tell you what you need to know.

Did you understand Mr Puma?

TF1 is sometimes abrasive like life, if you don't like it you have plenty of polite forums at your disposal. :D

Damn. You make too much sense. Good to see you back Mike. ;)

Generally speaking strong opinions are fine, even if they may be considered absurd, and even the occasional personal attack out of emotion can and should, if possible, be resolved without intervention; however repeatedly posting in a thread for the sole purpose of keeping it at the top of the list is spamming, no matter if a regular poster does it or a bot. That is worth a ban. Lets not make the current moderation drive something it isn't (..i.e. a war on people's so-called freedom of speech..).., that defence is too often misused, abused and hidden behind already. The forum just needs a little housekeeping, for the greater good.

Just my (relatively strong) opinion, obviously :) And if you don't agree with it then I hope you get banned.

Here here.

I argue with Maure. I think he's an absolute d#ck on occasion and find him to be guilty of what he accusses other of more often than not. But still. He's part of the furniture and I have never called for anyone to be banned.

Hopefully Bruce's presence will be enough to keep things civil... Well that and the ignore function. ;):P

And Mike - wonderful to see you back too! :thbup:

Maure. Have you thought of joining the priesthood? At least that way, you could chastise yourself in private. I have always found your comments highly personal and rarely objective but we are all entitled an opinion, after all. However, this is a forum and if you want to post your inane rantings here then there are rules to observe - like it or lump it.

Amusing this thread is still around. My fault, it will be claimed, no doubt. Amusing.

Threads go off topic all the time. In fact, most threads are about nothing.

Is this a problem for anyone? Not really. Most of the regulars take part in it, that is, they make it to be so themselves. There is a great deal of self-deceit going around.

Sure, every so often someone with an infantile ego-driven grudge (because whenever ago they made fools of themselves) flops. Well, the reaction of the "community" is to support the violence of that poster and, thus, things get "out of hand"... which is only an issue (for some) since you guys get to face your own ugliness. Again, self-deceit.

Personally, I think you guys don't know what you want. You speak of moderation or wanting to have a "better forum" but your actions say otherwise.

I'm satisfied with the nature of the forum. It amuses me. But, of course, I don't lie to myself regarding what it is.

I recommend you do the same. Your call, of course. For sure, however, to single out scapegoats or seek external management won't do.

If any of you actually took the time to get to know the guy, you'd not find a more genuine caring guy.

Don't care what you say. He knows I disagree with his opinions at times as I do with others here. Get over it. Simples.

If any of you actually took the time to get to know the guy, you'd not find a more genuine caring guy.

Don't care what you say. He knows I disagree with his opinions at times as I do with others here. Get over it. Simples.

awwwwww so sweet, I think we all feel so much sympathy now... awwwwwww

Maure. Have you thought of joining the priesthood? At least that way, you could chastise yourself in private. I have always found your comments highly personal and rarely objective but we are all entitled an opinion, after all. However, this is a forum and if you want to post your inane rantings here then there are rules to observe - like it or lump it.

Hahahaha!

I find it quite funny some newer members (and older ones alike) seem to get so rattled about one member. I don't remember people being this harsh on myself when I acted like a total idiot in my SuperKimi form, and I personally believe that was a lot, lot worse.

You DON'T have to read his posts, there is an ignore list in your CP.

Nah. His increasing desperation is amusing.

The other hand, that was an evident post with on other purpose of than personal attack... hmmm, isn't that not allowed in our new age of moderation?

awwwwww so sweet, I think we all feel so much sympathy now... awwwwwww

If you don't like the dude, whatever. But don't make fun of me to get one over on him. Cheers.

Nah. His increasing desperation is amusing.

The other hand, that was an evident post with on other purpose of than personal attack... hmmm, isn't that not allowed in our new age of moderation?

oh god, are we gonna hear the new age of moderation phrase over and over again now... you seem to get fixated with topics that might affect you... I mean...really

Rooms with no flies to swat are often clinical.

Russ, stop hacking Steve's account. It doesn't make him look any cleverer. :P

oh god, are we gonna hear the new age of moderation phrase over and over again now... you seem to get fixated with topics that might affect you... I mean...really

Dude. Chill. Its a wind up.

If you don't like the dude, whatever. But don't make fun of me to get one over on him. Cheers.

It's not about liking him or not. If you take the stance of defending a poster and singing sweet lullabys about the guy, who in turn offend members in the most irritating and vile way, then be prepared to take the rap.

cheers :D

Generally speaking strong opinions are fine, even if they may be considered absurd, and even the occasional personal attack out of emotion can and should, if possible, be resolved without intervention; however repeatedly posting in a thread for the sole purpose of keeping it at the top of the list is spamming, no matter if a regular poster does it or a bot. That is worth a ban. Lets not make the current moderation drive something it isn't (..i.e. a war on people's so-called freedom of speech..).., that defence is too often misused, abused and hidden behind already. The forum just needs a little housekeeping, for the greater good.

Just my (relatively strong) opinion, obviously :) And if you don't agree with it then I hope you get banned.

Dear George,

Hope this post finds you well. I am going to have to disagree with you this Christmas. Maure's posts in this thread seem to fall into a grey area between spam and just winding people up - a longstanding tradition amongst some of the less mature posters here. But worse, freedom of speech will always be abused by moderators, in my opinion. When you've been around as long as I have, young man, you too will remember many threads being closed as soon as they get offensive to some people, or heated, or controversial, or threatening to cherished beliefs, or otherwise counterproductive in some people's estimation - who go on to presume that theirs is the only estimation that could be correct and so impose it on the rest of us. While that's one valid course of action to take, it's one that certainly does impinge on the "right" to free speech. Note also that the moderators we've heretofore had here are excellent and thoroughly decent fellows - in stark contrast to what I've seen on other forums.

Grandpa.

PS Hope you like your new socks.

PPS Don't wear them until Christmas day.

It's not about liking him or not. If you take the stance of defending a poster and singing sweet lullabys about the guy, who in turn offend members in the most irritating and vile way, then be prepared to take the rap.

cheers :D

Oh right. Expressing an opinion about somebody is defending somebody?

Seriously, I think you should take a little look closer to home before you start spewing your crap at me.

Oh right. Expressing an opinion about somebody is defending somebody?

Seriously, I think you should take a little look closer to home before you start spewing your crap at me.

oh, you were expressing it... sorry, did'nt get it 1st time around.

Remember what you said about expression other time around in another thread when I tried to defend, or sorry, express, other member's points. As you said, first look a little closer to home.... <----thanks for these encouraging words, really inspiring