Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Pirelli

Tyres, what?

What is it that you fine people are expecting from them in 2011? Soft and sticky? Hard and unforgiving? Only good for 10 laps? Or none of the above?

Speak your thoughts.

Boobies boobies boobies vagina boobies boobies boobies vagina

What? You said to speak my thoughts. Or did you mean about Pirelli?

Well then....in that case...

I'm not expecting it to be 365 used condoms; a Goodyear... :P

Tyres are THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of motorsport. If you got Sh#t ones, or you make them work like Sh#t, then you are going to drive like Sh#t. Before aero comes the black round donutty things.

I think that although they will be suitably tested, the times and speeds will invariably be slower than 2010, at least for the first half of the season (well, at least thats what most of you said about Schumi but he was slow right up to the end of the season).

Pirelli have said that they are aiming to make tyres last like Montreal. If they achieve this, in other words, make tyres last only 1/3rd distance or thereabouts, then they will bring back some strategy to F1. Montreal was a good race as they had to pit twice, and each car and each driver in each team had to pit at different times as each destroyed the tyres at differing rates. If Pirelli can achieve this goal, then singlehandedly they will have improved the show. Cars that are all limited to the same revs will never overtake each other...its simple. But cars that are on tyres that offer different levels of grip, and therefore cornering speeds, and therefore lap times, and those differing levels of grip come and go at different times throughout the race from one driver to the next will aid overtaking.

Bridgestone played it too safe (being Japanese and not wanting to lose face by having tyres that only last 20-laps). I hope Pirelli will take the other road....and make a RACE tyre.

Other than that....

Boobies boobies boobies vagina boobies boobies vagina....

if we aren't going to have refueling back, at least lets have sticky tyres that degrade fast enough not to provide a 50 lap pitstop window in a 60 lap race.

i fear it's not to be though. most likely more of the same. which is good, but also too good.

Whoa...TWO double posts in one night even! There's no stopping me now...I think I've worked out how Steph does it!

Tyres, what?

What is it that you fine people are expecting from them in 2011? Soft and sticky? Hard and unforgiving? Only good for 10 laps? Or none of the above?

Speak your thoughts.

I'm expecting hard and unforgiving initially, if they get it right, that is. I can't see them making a tyre intentionally that will last less than the current crop. Once they get themselves sorted, they will refine and find a balance, I expect.

Tyres, what?

Speak your thoughts.

I don't know about tyres, but the Pirelli calendar certainly does make straight men tick many of the words in the 2nd line.

Hmm. I suspect they'll make tyres that don't last particularly well. Reasoning? Well, Pirelli have always projected a brand image of high performance, yes? So what if your P Zero wears out in 3,000 miles as long as it sticks like sh!t to a blanket? That's why you buy them. Another reason: they're not Bridgestone.

It does not matter if the lack of competition is called Bridgestone, Pirelli, or whatever.

It is still lack of competition.

I don't know about tyres, but the Pirelli calendar certainly does make straight men tick many of the words in the 2nd line.

agreed...

As long as they don't get punctured so often like in F1 2010 the game, I'm sure theyll do a grand job!

Those are Bridgestones.

OK then, if pirelli don't make tyres like the bridgestones in F1 2010 game then they'll do a grand job! Is that OK??

Sure. But don't let me influence your decision making.... :whistling:

Tyres, what?

Speak your thoughts.

Pirelli say they're keen to go with tyres that won't last the distance, with a window of peak performance that will make at least one change essential - IF the teams and drivers are happy to sing the praises of this rather than slag them off every time they think they lost a race through tyre 'problems'. I'm happy with tyres that require at least two stops, with them being sticky enough to make them think hard about a 3rd stop for a mad last 15 laps.

I'm sure they'll make a great job of it, but I wonder if there's any way to do something about the excessive marbles that would probably be produced by degrading tyres - a huge problem for passing, er, unless your name is Kobasomethingorother :D

I wonder if there's any way to do something about the excessive marbles that would probably be produced by degrading tyres - a huge problem for passing, er, unless your name is Kobasomethingorother :D

Fit little brushes under the front wing.

I think the tyres will be a problem for some teams/drivers and maybe the upper hand for other. I hope they are less durable than 2010 Bridgestones, no more than 20-25 laps in normal circumstances or less than 10-12 the supersofts. Rounded, black, good grip...

my understanding is the Pirelli tires will have much LESS grip than Bridgestones. This is by design to enhance passing (early braking=more passing?).

Pardon my lack of knowledge. I was wondering if they're still doing the two compounds/teams must run both stuff with Pirelli or if that's gone with Bridgestone? Thanks.

I'm not expecting it to be 365 used condoms; a Goodyear... :P

:lol: Too true.

On the other hand, it's a good thing Goodyear Rubber's main job is tires and not condoms. I'd rather have a bunch of p**sy NASCAR drivers than a bunch of p**sy children.

[if you find the hidden message, you win this joke: Who is the main character of the Greek tragedy The Testead? Testicles, of course (get it? Like Sophocles...Test-ih-cleeeeeees. Yes/no? No. Alright, your loss)].

It does not matter if the lack of competition is called Bridgestone, Pirelli, or whatever.

It is still lack of competition.

That's true, but competition isn't always realistic. Sometimes, suppliers can only find racing financially logical if they have exclusivity. If you can't sell to enough teams, you won't get a return, and you'll get less advertising than you do with the whole grid. It is what it is. I just want a good race, one supplier per sport or one supplier per team.