Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Show Offs

Finnish Formula One driver Heikki Kovalainen needed a precautionary trip to hospital after being knocked out in a big crash at the Race of Champions in Duesseldorf.

The Lotus Racing driver, a former winner of the annual exhibition event, lost control of his Audi R8 sportscar and ploughed into the barriers and a concrete wall.

"Hardcore shunt with throttle jammed and rear suspension damaged, got knocked out, now some medical checkups," Kovalainen said on his Twitter feed before later reporting all was well.

His British girlfriend Catherine Hyde, who was a passenger in the car, was unhurt.

Portuguese GT racer Filipe Albuquerque was the surprise winner of the event after beating France's seven times world rally champion Sebastien Loeb in the final.

Albuquerque had earlier beaten new Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel, who had himself overcome compatriot and seven times champion Michael Schumacher in the quarter-final, to the disappointment of the home crowd.

However, Vettel and Schumacher together won the Nations Cup for the fourth year in a row.

4401389.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bloody typical, ain't it. Plop your bird in the passenger seat and disengage brain whilst trying to "wow" and "aaaa" their knickers off, and then you go an put it in a ditch...or in Heikki's case, a wall.

What's the dumbest stuff you've done to show off to your better half, your better half you hope to have, or, well, Eric....

What's the dumbest stuff you've done to show off to your better half, your better half you hope to have, or, well, Eric....

I've learned not to show off, last time I tried it lands me into doing really dumb stupid things... like Heikki over here...

I don't believe that was showing off.

A. It was a car failiure

B. He came second, there was nothing to "show off" about.

Two examples of proper showing off, see here and

. Incorrect title on the second video though.

Ah, but I don't believe Morad was showing off.

A. His shoelace got caught in the pedal which caused the sudden jerk and giving good reason to stop bashing the elderly for their velcro shoes (the elastic waists, now, I cannot really justify those).

B. Most drivers do things with their hands after winning (fist pump, wave, genital adjustments).

C. I like him. :P

That article is horse rubbish anyway saying he was born in Lebanon when he was really born in Ontario. As far as showing off the the women, I just show them my post count. I've learned from my time here that's all that matters. :P

Don't look like you're having much success.

Back on topic (there is a topic, I believe?) Heikki's significant other has a fractured pelvis.

It's probably why you lot buggered off to the other side of the globe.