Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

The Magnificent Brundell Brothers Return

This is not news. But the idea of Brundle and Blunders sharing a car at Daytona is intriguing. I can only hope that they have the car underneath them what they can yield the result at the front at the end of the day, without heading straight to scene of the accident any time soon.

Brundle had better take the first stint if he wants to drive the car. After Blundell get done with it, I daresay it won't look like a car anymore.

Yeah, I remember his Champ car escapades fondly. Blunders, that is.

EDIT: Argentine intervention :lol: .

What car are they racing? My understanding is that it'll be with United Autosports, so I presume an R8?

What car are they racing? My understanding is that it'll be with United Autosports, so I presume an R8?

Nope, no GT3s in Grand-Am for another year. They're running in the Daytona Prototype class in a Riley-Ford. A new venture for United Autosports.

Nope, no GT3s in Grand-Am for another year. They're running in the Daytona Prototype class in a Riley-Ford. A new venture for United Autosports.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. It will be interesting to see how they go then.

Came in fourth. Not too bad for a pair of crumblies.

Excellent result!

Surprisingly close as well, 4 seconds covering the top 4 places. Everyone else was at least a lap down.

They said they were aiming for a top 5 finish, so I guess they'll be pleased. Not too shabby at all.

Surprisingly close as well, 4 seconds covering the top 4 places. Everyone else was at least a lap down.

To be entirely fair, the race featured a lot of safety car periods (cars are waved around; I think there were 23, and there would have been more had one not taken 2 hours and 49 minutes), including one that restarted the race with just one lap to go (hence they were so close).

But, to be entirely fair the other way, the team drove the smartest race of all. Had it not been for the safety cars, I actually think they would have won; they were problem-free while Ganassi were a bit sloppy. Good run, especially by Blundell.

Yeah, I neglected to mention the safety car bit. Still, not a bad achievement.

They were going to do Le Mans this year but the BBC, in Brundle's words, "had a sense of humour failure".