Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Final Countdown

Twas a few nights before Christmas, and all through the house, nothing was stirring, not even a mouse. But aside the door, the bag sits packed, all filled with many a thing, so Steve won't forget! Stocked up on nappies, and painted the cot, Dribbler is about to be out dribbled, out dribbled, a lot! From beers at the pub, to milk on the stove, from sleep ins on Sundays, to most nights with jot, Steve's world is a changing, to sick on your shoulder plus a whole lot of snot! But enjoy the addition, I'm sure s/he'll be grand, just watch out for mum giving birth, when she grabs hold of your hand!

Enjoy your last few nights of sanity Steve. Hope everything goes well for you and Mrs Drib's and Drib's junior too in a few nights time. Have a great Christmas, mate.

Awesome. Yeah Stevee, you'll be an awesome Dad. x

Hey thanks Craig, very kind and thoughtful.

Mrs drib is real close now. She has coped brilliantly and not complained about a thing. The first sign of hormone intervention was a couple of nights ago whe we had a leak in our loft in the early hours. She sat on the stairs and cried, saying "I don't want to be a grown up". So out of character for her, so I know she's close.

Nursery is ready and waiting, bag is packed. This is the first year I genuinely feel nothing for christmas because it's so far from my thoughts. My big concern is getting her to the hospital in the bad weather....

I'll use this thread to inform you when baby drib gets here!

Mrs drib is real close now. She has coped brilliantly and not complained about a thing. The first sign of hormone intervention was a couple of nights ago whe we had a leak in our loft in the early hours. She sat on the stairs and cried, saying "I don't want to be a grown up". So out of character for her, so I know she's close.

Nursery is ready and waiting, bag is packed. This is the first year I genuinely feel nothing for christmas because it's so far from my thoughts. My big concern is getting her to the hospital in the bad weather....

All the best Steve! all of us are waiting to hear more news about baby drib.

Ah, but wait 'till next Christmas Steve! Mrs Drib's saying she doesn't want to grow up, wow, that's beautiful, and I don't blame her! I swear, after witnessing birth, I'll never come back here as woman :lol:

Good luck and best wishes to the three of you, enjoy each moment... they go too fast ;)

All the best from me too! I'm sure everything will be great and you'll have a beautiful baby ^^

I don't want to be a grown up either.

My advice, even if she's in labour for 22 hours like my wife was when having Jack and you haven't had sleep for 36hrs like I hadn't, don't, I repeate don't, dare to shut your eyes for a split second :whistling:

I hope everything goes extra smoothly Steve and the roads don't get any worse in the meantime. You'll be an excellent Dad and it will be the best time of your life. I also hope the baby gets your wife looks :lol:

Too knackered to give details now. But after a roller coaster time, my son George Joshua dribbler, is here. I'm so proud, I could cry..... so I will.

More details to follow......

Too knackered to give details now. But after a roller coaster time, my son George Joshua dribbler, is here. I'm so proud, I could cry..... so I will.

Atta boy!

Congratulations Steve. But if you are too knackered now to give details, don't expect that to improve in the next 10 to 15 years.

Here's to George Joshua Dribbler!

Congratulations Steve! Brilliant news. I'll be raising a glass to the three of you.

Congratulations my friend!!!!!!! Here's hoping George Joshua is another Drib-like persona, as fantastic as his dad. Well, he's got your genes...I'm happy for you Steve. Pass my/our regards and best wishes to your wife.

The Bradster

Congratulations to you both... and GJ of course

Sail on x

I don't normally comment on personal threads but I am thoroughly delighted that the dribblers of the world are multiplying :D

Absolutely brilliant news Steve!

Congratulations to both you and Mrs Drib, I'm sure you'll laugh when you whisper to him he chose his parents well, even though you'll know it to be true ;)

For when you wet GJ's head old chum :cheers:

May the road rise up to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home

And may the hand of a friend always be near.

Take a seat, Steve and have a well deserved break from all that hard work you have done over the last 9-months. We all know it's us men that have the hard job.... :whistling:

We all know it's us men that have the hard job.... :whistling:

I am pretty sure that you typed an "r" somewhere in that phrase where you should have actually typed an "n"

Take a seat, Steve and have a well deserved break from all that hard work you have done over the last 9-months. We all know it's us men that have the hard job.... :whistling:

Half of that's true. I mean you get us women, fifty times more emotional and fifty times worse than putting up with us for pmt. Then we don't know what we want. Then the keeping you awake at all hours tossing and turning. Then the bit 'BUT THEY'RE THE SIZE OF MELONS NOW' warcry comes from you lot, and all your hard work goes to the Sh#tter. It was most likely that comment that got us into this emotional snivelling mess in the first place. b#####ds.

:P