Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Force India Drivers

Your opinion and comment was based off a limited view of Force India in '09. I attempted to show you how to add more information to your opinion so you'd be better informed. A strong end to a season for a team rarely translates into a strong following season.

Alright, alright....geez, starting to think having opinions is illegal around here or something.

We're all entitled to an opinion regardless or whether it's true or not. Most pundits expected them to continue to perform well into 2010, but they didn't. That's all I'm saying. I hope I've explained it well enough but someone else comes along and goes "noooooo you're wrong because X Y and Z you know nothing!!!!!!!111111"

Alright, alright....geez, starting to think having opinions is illegal around here or something.

We're all entitled to an opinion regardless or whether it's true or not. Most pundits expected them to continue to perform well into 2010, but they didn't. That's all I'm saying. I hope I've explained it well enough but someone else comes along and goes "noooooo you're wrong because X Y and Z you know nothing!!!!!!!111111"

Well, it wasn't as harsh as all that.

We all have opinions but we try to revise them as new information comes along. Does the information make sense? An intelligent person revises their opinions frequently but only after thinking about it and checking the new information out. To do otherwise is to mirror the likes of former president G. Bush Jr. who, upon being presented new information that checked out, ignored it and continued along a route of ignorance.

I'm *not* equating you to Bush, or saying your opinions are wrong, but asking you to look at the information and revise your opinions if you think they need revising.

Thinking FI would have a good year based on the last few races of a previous year is a tempting thing to believe despite the fact tha most evidence out there supports a view that a team rarely makes good on their seasons-end promises (especially in light of technical rules changes). I've fallen into the trap of believing in those tempting things as well. I believed Schumacher would do better than he did, against all evidence to the contrary. He's past 40 years old, hasn't raced in a few years, and is totally unfamiliar with the current cars. All those factors should have told me he would struggle. I ignored them and believed in the tempting thought that the Mikey of old would spring up like a Phoenix and devour the grid. I had to revise that view mid-season. Moral of the story is this: There is no moral..I'm a rambling idiot.

We all have opinions but we try to revise them as new information comes along. Does the information make sense? An intelligent person revises their opinions frequently but only after thinking about it and checking the new information out. To do otherwise is to mirror the likes of former president G. Bush Jr. who, upon being presented new information that checked out, ignored it and continued along a route of ignorance.

I'm *not* equating you to Bush, or saying your opinions are wrong, but asking you to look at the information and revise your opinions if you think they need revising.

Thinking FI would have a good year based on the last few races of a previous year is a tempting thing to believe despite the fact tha most evidence out there supports a view that a team rarely makes good on their seasons-end promises (especially in light of technical rules changes). I've fallen into the trap of believing in those tempting things as well. I believed Schumacher would do better than he did, against all evidence to the contrary. He's past 40 years old, hasn't raced in a few years, and is totally unfamiliar with the current cars. All those factors should have told me he would struggle. I ignored them and believed in the tempting thought that the Mikey of old would spring up like a Phoenix and devour the grid. I had to revise that view mid-season. Moral of the story is this: There is no moral..I'm a rambling idiot.

Be careful not to ignore your own advice. Your other thread predicts a Red Bull downfall, whereas the evidence might suggest otherwise.

Yep. Changing your mind is one of the best ways of finding out if you still have one.

It's unfortunate in today's world that many see changing their minds as a sign of weakness. In fact it requires far more moral courage than insisting one is right in the face of irrefutable evidence.

And if you think I'm wrong about that you can go screw yourself.