Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Force India Drivers

Seems the latest story doing the rounds is that di Resta will get Tonio's race seat and die Hulk will be the test driver with him doing Friday test sessions.

So what happens when:

a) Hulk is faster than di Resta in pre-season testing and on Friday's?

and

B) Hulk is faster than Sutil

(yes, I rate the guy)

Australia: .345 seconds behind Liuzzi

Malaysia: .936 seconds behind Sutil

China: .610 seconds behind Sutil

Spain: .254 seconds ahead Liuzzi

Europe: .057 seconds behind Liuzzi

Britain: 1.612 seconds behind Sutil

Hungary: .517 seconds behind Sutil

Italy: .411 seconds behind Liuzzi

I don't see the logic, but this is the same Mercedes that hired Schumacher and Rosberg in a driver market that included Button, Kubica, Kobayashi, Räikkönen, etc.

I'd personally like to see a Hulkenberg/Heidfeld line up. Hulkenberg was really coming on nicely in the second half of the season and as I've said many times before, I feel Heidfeld's really underated.

The British press rave about di Resta. I didn't really see any sessions in practice this year that showed me he was a star of the future unlike with Kubica and Vettel.

Okay, the guy beat Vettel in F3. Once. Some years ago.

Meh.

Mark me, the Hulk is not faster than Sutil. Straighter maybe, but not faster.

With this I agree.

He doesn't crash as much as Sutil either!

Hülkenberg had 3 retirements due to crashes in 2010, Sutil had 2. If you compare rookie years, yes, Hülkenberg is off to a better start, but if you look at their current performance both, Sutil's not a big-time crasher. He really upped his game in 2010.

With this I agree.

Hülkenberg had 3 retirements due to crashes in 2010, Sutil had 2. If you compare rookie years, yes, Hülkenberg is off to a better start, but if you look at their current performance both, Sutil's not a big-time crasher. He really upped his game in 2010.

I believe the retirements were not his fault. At Australia, he got wipped out by Kobayashi. At Monaco, his front wing failed meaning he crashed. At Japan, Petrov turned into him at the start and wrecked his car.

Thing is, Liuzzi has a contract to race in 2011. It was part of the deal he did with FI in '09. Since the only place he can go is HRT I think he'll be digging his heels in. Which would explain why the team has not made any announcements. Possibly.

Trouble is, Force India is at the point where they need a few B-level drivers to advance and they just aren't hiring those.

Because you are Max Mosley?

Hahaha.

I have a feeling Tonio's going to drag his heals in over this one, he's adamant that he has a contract to race, so it could get messy.

Maybe it's Sutil on the outer? Can't see why it would be though.

However, just as much as any contract will say that a guy gets to drive for a team, there will still be some form of out clause for the team in terms of the guy being poop once in the car.

I do see now that there are words to the effect that Weber is still looking out for the best option for Nico and won't reveal where he's going till mid-Jan. Surely not Merc GP as reserve driver? Schumi will stay in the race seat even if he is driving like poop, just because he will always have the "I-can-do-it-if-you-give-me-time" thing...however, based on the ruler used for the rookies of the last few years, I would have shafted him right out the door at the end of this season. He was as far behind Rosberg as Piquet was behind Alonso...oh the benefits of being a has been....

Having watch Hulk drive in the flesh, I just see an enormous amount of wasted talent that Frank and Patrick let go in the hope of sponsor money...though can appreciate their predicament.

Whereas Tonio is...well...who the feck is he? He's totally not rated for a reason.

I'd put Hulk in over di Resta as he has the one year already up his sleeve....and to be frank...di Resta is not naturally as quick as Hulk. Infact, give him a test at McLaren, and I think you'd find Hulk would split Hamilton and Button. But then F1 is fickle, and it's more than just talent that is needed...

All these remarks are very entertaining, its a forum and that's what its made for, exchange opinions.

What gets to me really big time though is that guys like Peter f*****g Windsor have the nerve to give not opinions as they are in the media but "advice" to FI as to who should be in their c#ckpits!!!!! And how that would solve sponsorship issues!!!

He has certainly shown everyone the brilliance of his thinking to finance a project and even his choice of driver was really spot on and such a brilliant coup! hahahahaha!

Does the guy not have any sense of pride whatsoever? Kinda like if Yamamoto started giving advice to Alonso on how to win races and become champion. I feel at one point you have gained your right to shut up and let the guys who are in it and know take decisions and do the talking.

I wonder why Vijay or anybody for that matter don't shoot back at him and make him disappear into the ground with shame. Perhaps its because they can't start answering everybody who gives his opinion.

Gotta admit I feel the same about Verstappen, Mosley, and a few others, but the real question is why do journalists, websites, magazines relay their comments?

Surely finding stories to fill this empty season is not that difficult.

Sorry for the rant. But I feel a little better.

Kinda like if Yamamoto started giving advice to Alonso on how to win races and become champion.

Ha, yeah. I mean, what would he say to him? "Try a banzai move on someone if you are stuck behind them, if it's sh!t or bust"?

Madness.

Maybe it's Sutil on the outer? Can't see why it would be though.

However, just as much as any contract will say that a guy gets to drive for a team, there will still be some form of out clause for the team in terms of the guy being poop once in the car.

I do see now that there are words to the effect that Weber is still looking out for the best option for Nico and won't reveal where he's going till mid-Jan. Surely not Merc GP as reserve driver? Schumi will stay in the race seat even if he is driving like poop, just because he will always have the "I-can-do-it-if-you-give-me-time" thing...however, based on the ruler used for the rookies of the last few years, I would have shafted him right out the door at the end of this season. He was as far behind Rosberg as Piquet was behind Alonso...oh the benefits of being a has been....

Having watch Hulk drive in the flesh, I just see an enormous amount of wasted talent that Frank and Patrick let go in the hope of sponsor money...though can appreciate their predicament.

Whereas Tonio is...well...who the feck is he? He's totally not rated for a reason.

I'd put Hulk in over di Resta as he has the one year already up his sleeve....and to be frank...di Resta is not naturally as quick as Hulk. Infact, give him a test at McLaren, and I think you'd find Hulk would split Hamilton and Button. But then F1 is fickle, and it's more than just talent that is needed...

Well, allegedly Vijay wasn't happy that Sutil was looking at other options. Can't blame him, Force India were disappointing this year. Whether that was down to the car or the drivers difficult to say, but if Adrian wants to go, Vijay should just accept it.

A big mistake though if they've signed up more drivers than they have cars though, I mean that's one of the basic rules isn't it? If he's offered contracts to di Resta, Tonio and Sutil,it's only going to lead to arguments, temper tantrums and court cases.

All these remarks are very entertaining, its a forum and that's what its made for, exchange opinions.

What gets to me really big time though is that guys like Peter f*****g Windsor have the nerve to give not opinions as they are in the media but "advice" to FI as to who should be in their c#ckpits!!!!! And how that would solve sponsorship issues!!!

He has certainly shown everyone the brilliance of his thinking to finance a project and even his choice of driver was really spot on and such a brilliant coup! hahahahaha!

Does the guy not have any sense of pride whatsoever? Kinda like if Yamamoto started giving advice to Alonso on how to win races and become champion. I feel at one point you have gained your right to shut up and let the guys who are in it and know take decisions and do the talking.

I wonder why Vijay or anybody for that matter don't shoot back at him and make him disappear into the ground with shame. Perhaps its because they can't start answering everybody who gives his opinion.

Gotta admit I feel the same about Verstappen, Mosley, and a few others, but the real question is why do journalists, websites, magazines relay their comments?

Surely finding stories to fill this empty season is not that difficult.

Sorry for the rant. But I feel a little better.

Three words. Slow. News. Day.

Sure, if you look at sheer statistics. But did they get a pole position in '10? No. Did they finish on the podium like in '09? No.

After such a strong end to '09, '10 was overall disappointing in that area.

Sure, if you look at sheer statistics. But did they get a pole position in '10? No. Did they finish on the podium like in '09? No.

After such a strong end to '09, '10 was overall disappointing in that area.

Occasional blips as happened in '09 are an aberration. Remove those and you get a better overall picture of how FI was doing that year. A good team doesn't have 'blips', they have a constant, season-wide pace. Blips mean your car is badly designed and only works under certain conditions or tracks.

I think it's easy to say they did have the "best ever season", especially seeing as three teams didn't score and the points have changed.

But it's simplya matter of opinion. My comment was made based on after such a strong end up '09 I expected more of the same in '10. Wasn't the case.