Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Karthikeyan Back....

That twatter service is announcing Narain Karthikeyan, everyones favourite Indian racer, is racing for HRT this season coming up. We can now expect a steady climb up the leaderboard for HRT. :thbup:

There are far better options. Fed up with average drivers sticking around for drives, just because of a fashionable nationality.

Hmm. Not a name I'd have high up my "wish list" if I was running an F1 team, but each to their own.

I think Narain's being optimistic on believing he'll have a car to race, anyway.

There are far better options. Fed up with average drivers sticking around for drives, just because of a fashionable nationality.

We are not talking about Button here! *ducks and runs*

Hey, Narain Karthikeyan is the 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Most Popular Driver Award winner! He's qualified for everything now.

Hey, Narain Karthikeyan is the 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Most Popular Driver Award winner! He's qualified for everything now.

There you go, a driver you could maybe support in 2011! :P

There you go, a driver you could maybe support in 2011! :P

:lol: Nah, he was a waste of a seat there, and that series is on hard times. A lot of the trucks are 10 years older than the top-flight ones (hey, that's like Narain compared to the other F1 drivers!) and far too many park it after 4 laps. Narain stayed on the track the entire race and was still about the same lap total as the start-and-park teams. ;)

Not sure if its a nationality thing, but they get Tata with him, so maybe Tata will build them new cars for less than $US3000????

Not sure if its a nationality thing, but they get Tata with him, so maybe Tata will build them new cars for less than $US3000????

I wonder when we'll finally hear of HRT going "ta ta" from the sport.

Apprently Narain loves scampi. I got that from my Tata source.

I'm really getting fed-up with pay driver's finding their way into F1 thru sponsorship, while the rest like the Hulk who's got real potential has to struggle...

It's not only sad now, it's sickening!

But isn't that the way it's always been? And always will be. Compared to what we've seen in the past NK is an inspired choice. Al Pease, anyone?

And don't forget, Niki Lauda was a pay driver.

@Steve, nice condiment & crustacean based joke there. :thbup:

EDIT: added more words

But isn't that the way it's always been? And always will be. Compared to what we've seen in the past NK is an inspired choice. Al Pease, anyone?

And don't forget, Niki Lauda was a pay driver.

@Steve, nice condiment & crustacean based joke there. :thbup:

I would say if it really is an exceptional driver who shows real promise, of course? But then you would hit back and ask, How do we really know? It's just driver's like these has proven their worth, being below par. and the Hulk has also shown some good promise...

Sad thing is that there are always too many drivers and not enough seats. And some of those teams have no money. Shame but that's just the way things are. NK is obviously having the seat bought for him by Tata, and there are better drivers available, but I don't think he's as useless as people make out.

The Hulk will get another go, unlike Nick Heidfeld.

Appears Bruno is out on his bottom, and Karun turned down a drive with HRT. Looks like HRT are going for world class drivers this year :D

You're rambling in your old age. ;)

Narain had potential. He was perhaps too stubborn but he might have learned to curb that. He had good car control, was quick-ish most times and had a fearless attitude that might have gained him much. I rank him alongside Pantano and Wilson; drivers that might have. Give him a seat and let's see what happens.

Narain had potential. He was perhaps too stubborn but he might have learned to curb that. He had good car control, was quick-ish most times and had a fearless attitude that might have gained him much. I rank him alongside Pantano and Wilson; drivers that might have. Give him a seat and let's see what happens.

Ya....

Appears Bruno is out on his bottom, and Karun turned down a drive with HRT. Looks like HRT are going for world class drivers this year :D

I'm sorry not following F1 like i used too, but what is Karun planning to do? However, its obvious, why he turned it down. He was racing much better/faster than Bruno (in F1) and yet they shunted him...

I'm sorry not following F1 like i used too, but what is Karun planning to do? However, its obvious, why he turned it down. He was racing much better/faster than Bruno (in F1) and yet they shunted him...

Because he ran out of funds, so he was sidelined.

Test driver role for 1Malaysia I think.