Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Oh Happy Days...

Its bigger than Ben Hur(ley)...(if you don't know him, Google him...I'm sure there will be at least one hit)....Leggard is out....extraordinary!!!..but never mind that, whats happening with Jenson?

Now for the BBC to give us some top quality tosh....or some plonker even worse than the last two....

They're hiring Kimi.

"EverythingsetforthestartoftheGPforsureohmyheadachesdamnhangoverIdontgiveaSh#tgoodbye"

What about Jenson? What? Tell meeee or i'll cry.

DC may not have been everyone's favourite, but his involvement in F1 is very recent, and he is very knowledgeable about the sport, I believe that he and brundle will make a very good commentary team.

Well I for one am glad to see the change. Sure, it might not work that well. But fear of change isn't a good enough reason to keep Leggy.

Now for Eddie Jordan..

Well I for one am glad to see the change. Sure, it might not work that well. But fear of change isn't a good enough reason to keep Leggy.

Now for Eddie Jordan..

My thoughts exactly. Glad to see Legard is being replaced. Wondering whether Brundle/Coulthard combination will work. I remain positive as Brundle has shown throughout the last 13 years that he is an excellent co-commentator and over the last two years he has effectively been the lead commentator anyway.

My main concern is Eddie Jordan. Coulthard had the ability to cut through all the crap that EJ spoutted off. He would often say that he didn't understand the point that Jordan was making, or that it was irrelevant. Not sure Jake Humphrey has the ability to do this as to keep EJ from being more annoying than he already is.

As long as they don't recruit Mark Blundell, Martin Brundle's business partner. I don't think I could put up with Blundell using the word "situation" constantly and then Eddie "Roger Irrelevant" Jordan going off on one.

Just read that the BBC is keeping Eddie Jordan.

Noooooooooo!

Madness, shear madness.

Could they not find someone else who doesn't know anything about F1; doesn't know what they are saying at any particular time, but is easier on the eye?

Suggestions on a postcard to BBC F1 production team, BBC TV Centre, London. Entitle your entry "For God sake save us from another season of Eddie Jordan. Please show us some mercy."

I'd normally find the pairing of two ex-drivers to be a bit strange, but covering F1 on the BBC isn't exactly textbook. It's a sport where you can have large amounts of nothing happening and without advertisements (breaks and on-screen during the race). The former means you need two entertaining personalities who can talk about a lot of the less obvious things going on, which they now have and might not with a typical play-by-play guy, and the latter means you rely a lot less on someone to keep things moving, get you in and out, do promos, etc., so once more, the play-by-play guy is not as important. So, in short, I think I like the move when originally I was worried.

Anything's better than Legard, anyway.

who is eddie jordan? :mellow:

:lol: If that is meant as a (i forgot the word so i'll say joke) joke, its funny.

If not, huh? Eddie Jordan, owner of Jordan Grand Prix in the nineties to early noughties. Supplied Damon Hill with a seat after Williams and i think after Arrows (my memory is not that good since accident so if someone could back me up/correct me, would be grateful). Always goes on how he 'found' Michael Shoemaker first (who indeed lasted at Jordan GP for one race before jumping ship to Benetton. Again, memory failing.) Sh#te commentator at the BBC, but otherwise entertaining enough.

Also. See dribbler, the forum member.

(high-tails it out of here quick!)

of course it was a joke!

he is also well known as a drummer, at least he thinks so

it would be better for bbc to give him a gig with his band and take microphone away from his mouth

What's a microphone? :unsure:

Its bigger than Ben Hur(ley)...(if you don't know him, Google him...I'm sure there will be at least one hit)....Leggard is out....extraordinary!!!..but never mind that, whats happening with Jenson?

Now for the BBC to give us some top quality tosh....or some plonker even worse than the last two....

Just for your information - I didn't even get the gist of your post. Was that in English? Darn foreigners...

Good news! Legard was Sh#t, Brundle to take his spot?? Get Muzza or even your man Croft from R5 Live who in a comparison was far superior to Legard!

Like night and day isn't it....one was a stumbling buffoon, the other was someone that wanted me to keep looking at the screen.

I didn't realise the radio5 guys did qually...they do the practise sessions and are gold....then it was nothing but lead and horse manure for the rest of the weekend.

I'd prefer him over DC - DC talks too slow...

Like night and day isn't it....one was a stumbling buffoon, the other was someone that wanted me to keep looking at the screen.

I didn't realise the radio5 guys did qually...they do the practise sessions and are gold....then it was nothing but lead and horse manure for the rest of the weekend.

I'd prefer him over DC - DC talks too slow...

They can't win...

I thought Karun was spot on! So there! Get him in.

I thought Karun was spot on! So there! Get him in.

I'm sure he'd be rather racing than commentating though.

I'm sure he'd be rather racing than commentating though.

Of course he would and so would Ant but I believe they are both lights years better than DC as pundits.

They can't win...

Well, he does...good for a go to, grab a comment guy, but to talk about what is going on, I dunno....whats his face in the youtube clip is the type of commentary that we need...thats how Murray was...excited (genuinely) and had a charisma about his words...

You can tell the guys that are over trying, and Legard was one of those....it just makes it horrible listening...