Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

The Tyres Have It

If it means it suits their driving style more meaning they can win, yes.

If it means it suits their driving style more meaning they can win, yes.

You're a bit confrontational these days, aren't you? :P

I don't think what you say is at all possible buuut... I'm not talking about Pirelli tailoring the tyres for one driver/team to win, I'm talking about Pirelli listening to all the top F1 drivers, even more if they haven't got that much time to gather data for 2011. They're testing with Pedro de la Rosa, so they're tailoring the tyres for him? In my opinion not listening to the top drivers will gurantee dull races, not the other way round.

You're a bit confrontational these days, aren't you? :P

I don't think what you say is at all possible buuut... I'm not talking about Pirelli tailoring the tyres for one driver/team to win, I'm talking about Pirelli listening to all the top F1 drivers, even more if they haven't got that much time to gather data for 2011. They're testing with Pedro de la Rosa, so they're tailoring the tyres for him? In my opinion not listening to the top drivers will gurantee dull races, not the other way round.

I'm just worried that the drivers will get their way and Pirelli will be forced to build some perfect tyres that don't degrade at all because drivers want a "stronger front tyre" or whatever. The best drivers should be able to drive around tyre degradation like they should be able to manage traffic.

Is black & yellow cars some sort of trend in F1 now?? We have Lotus, Lotus & Pirelli themselves running this hip livery!

Really? I thought Fernandes' team were running in green and yellow, whilst Lotus Renault were black and gold. Maybe I need my eyes testing...

I'm just worried that the drivers will get their way and Pirelli will be forced to build some perfect tyres that don't degrade at all because drivers want a "stronger front tyre" or whatever. The best drivers should be able to drive around tyre degradation like they should be able to manage traffic.

Tyre degradation will depend on how agressive rubber Pirelli bring to races, and they'll do what F1/FOM/FOTA tell them to do. If they want two pit-stops they'll have to bring a softer rubber. I think the drivers didn't complain about rubber degradation, they were talking about weak carcass/structure to lateral forces.

I don't think the drivers (or at least Schumi) were asking for a tire that wouldn't degrade at all, but for a front tire that would be stronger in relation to the rear tire than it was with Bridgestone. Seems like Pirelli is listening to these requests, while still keeping the tires such that they won't hold together as long as the Bridgestones.

I don't think the drivers (or at least Schumi) were asking for a tire that wouldn't degrade at all, but for a front tire that would be stronger in relation to the rear tire than it was with Bridgestone. Seems like Pirelli is listening to these requests, while still keeping the tires such that they won't hold together as long as the Bridgestones.

I hope you're right. Won't be long till we find out.

who is fvcking who here ! surprises, shock, disbelief...WTF ! pirelli doesn't even know what sort of tyres they have made. this is not a characteristic of F1, or at least it shouldn't be.

Pirelli surprises itself

"So, this is the real challenge: to understand how to use the tyres." It comes down to driver's input and what they have to make of it. Since they complained so much about tyre degration Pirelli had to act and make it more durable.

"So, this is the real challenge: to understand how to use the tyres." It comes down to driver's input and what they have to make of it. Since they complained so much about tyre degration Pirelli had to act and make it more durable.

what was the point of winter testing on old kind of pirelli's then? teams tried to make more miles on pireli's to understand how they behave, just to have different pirelli's for the first race.

what was the point of winter testing on old kind of pirelli's then? teams tried to make more miles on pireli's to understand how they behave, just to have different pirelli's for the first race.

They still behave the same they're just a little more durable... everything develops and evolve all the time, especially the cars, why not the tyres?

Edit: I meant the front-running cars actually stopped only TWICE. Do we want to see more pitstops? What is it we want, because everyone was on Pirelli's case about degration of tyres. We Fans are a ficle bunch