Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Dean Stoneman

Reigning Formula 2 champion Dean Stoneman has been forced to withdraw from a planned Formula Renault 3.5 campaign due to an illness. The 20-year-old, who was set to compete with the ISR squad alongside Daniel Ricciardo, was diagnosed with testicular cancer earlier this week.

Sources close to the Briton said that doctors had made the diagnosis early and were confident that he will make a full recovery, with treatment scheduled to begin immediately.

Stoneman intends to return to the track as soon as he is back to full health, however the driver's family have requested that their privacy be respected in the meantime.

Sad to hear of such news. I was looking forward to seeing how Dean would do against Ricciardo. Can't imagine what he and his family are going through right now.

Best wishes and thoughts are with Dean and his family.

Indeed, best wishes to Dean Stoneman and all those around him.

Hopefully they've truly caught it early. One advantage he will have in his recovery is being young. I know three young males who had testicular cancer and all have recovered and returned to what they were doing beforehand (two professional hockey players, and one of my teachers in secondary school). I look forward to seeing Dean join them in that category and racing again.

This is not good news but a super big reality check. The deadly 'Big C' can strike any of us at any time. Keep a big check on yourselves, good people and stay well.