Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Hulk Turns Down A Virgin

I'm beginning to lose faith in the lad...he turned down a drive with Virgin because Timo Glock, a fellow German, was also in the team? Say whaaaaa?

Dude...this is a race seat...one you need to keep on the radar....what are you planning on doing? Going back to GP2? Joining Anthony Davidson in the commentary box? Starting that elusive 13th team?

:bangin:

Hülkenberg is overrated anyway. He d#cked around and asked for a raise from Williams when all their sponsors were on the way out, and did so without a lot of results to back it up. Everyone wants to give him a championship for winning pole and slipping to eighth at Brazil. I'm not saying he's bad, because I do think he has a lot of potential, but his fans overrate him and, worst of all, he overrates himself. Suck it up and drive for Virgin. He may be a future champion, I don't know, but you can't act like you've already won one when you haven't. One pole isn't going to make all these doors magically open when every team but Force India and HRT have confirmed their full lineups (even Virgin have). The best thing that will happen to him at this point is having to deal with not having a ride for 2011. It might tone his ego down a little. There's no denying his ability, but he's not going to get far if he doesn't get knocked on his a## soon.

I don't think he's that desperate. Sure, he could drive for HRT or Virgin, but for all we know, they might not have progressed all that much, and he'll be failing to get out of Q1 and just fade into non-existence.

Look at the likes of Senna and di Grassi. Both had a season in awful cars, and for all we know right now, their F1 careers are finished.

Have a race seat at Virgin or a test drive role at Force India? I'd go with the latter.

He has more potential than Petrov. F1, however, is not just about a drivers potential these days.

Hülkenberg is overrated anyway. He d#cked around and asked for a raise from Williams when all their sponsors were on the way out, and did so without a lot of results to back it up. Everyone wants to give him a championship for winning pole and slipping to eighth at Brazil. I'm not saying he's bad, because I do think he has a lot of potential, but his fans overrate him and, worst of all, he overrates himself. Suck it up and drive for Virgin. He may be a future champion, I don't know, but you can't act like you've already won one when you haven't. One pole isn't going to make all these doors magically open when every team but Force India and HRT have confirmed their full lineups (even Virgin have). The best thing that will happen to him at this point is having to deal with not having a ride for 2011. It might tone his ego down a little. There's no denying his ability, but he's not going to get far if he doesn't get knocked on his a## soon.

You get all that just from the fact that he's turned down a Virgin drive?

There are different ideas about how to stay noticed in F1 and someone called Willi Weber thought that driving for a back of the grid team, which may not even survive all that long, wasn't the best option at the time. He also felt that Hulky shouldn't have to pay for a drive with his clear talent. I don't see the big issue there, and I also don't see where the ego comments come from, as in the interviews I've seen of him he seemed a nice enough chap.

Yes. I'd marry him too :blink:

Seems like you might be responding to me, but unsure how your post relates in any way to mine?

Meh.

You said, and I quote: he seemed a nice enough chap.

Keep up :P

See if you'd used ':P' the first time I would've got your tone! Thought you were being argumentative and I was gonna have to internet bitch slap you using clever words :P Dammit Handy!!

You get all that just from the fact that he's turned down a Virgin drive?

No. It's all speculation based on many other factors, including his physical appearance, his nationality, what he does during the off-season, etc. :P

No. It's all speculation based on many other factors, including his physical appearance, his nationality, what he does during the off-season, etc.

foreigner rater!<_<

The Hulk is an Ace in the making. Virgin will be history in a season or two. It was a no-brainer.

I was being sarcastic. Sorry for the confusion; I'll add an emoticon to indicate that.

I was being sarcastic too.:P

He has more potential than Petrov. F1, however, is not just about a drivers potential these days.

And when was it just about driver's potential? In the old ages was a sport for bored aristocrats, except Fangio who they kept around to show that proletaries can also live the American Dream (provided they were caucasian with blue eyes lol). In the 70s Williams alone had more pay drivers than Berlusconi had hookers. That didn't stop us to consider those the goold old days. So in what sense Hulk is better than Petrov? Hulk had a perfect qualy at Brazil. A flabergasting performane, no doubt, but isolated in an ocean of not too shabby drives but nothing to write home about. Petrov had a perfect race at Yas Marina with Nando on his back. He crashes too much but he also was fast between crashes, knew how to battle against the likes of Schumi and Lewis...nope, I can't see where the Hulk has the edge over Petrov.

Why to discuss about Petrov and Hulk? Who is worse?

They both had opportunity to show what they got. Kobayashi raised level how rookie should drive, adapt and keep the level of constant good drive through season, and i guess that teams compare Petrov and Hulk with Kobayashi. Petrov got job with Renault mostly because of sponsors and huge russian market, he is only and best russian driver in F1.

Hulk isn't best german driver. I would drive for a Virgin if i was him. It is F1, even if you are 5 seconds slower. His pole position in Brasil was mostly result track gettin dryer minute by minute,in fact his car was slower 1,5 sec than ferrari, mclaren and bulls.

Why to discuss about Petrov and Hulk? Who is worse?

They both had opportunity to show what they got. Kobayashi raised level how rookie should drive, adapt and keep the level of constant good drive through season, and i guess that teams compare Petrov and Hulk with Kobayashi. Petrov got job with Renault mostly because of sponsors and huge russian market, he is only and best russian driver in F1.

Hulk isn't best german driver. I would drive for a Virgin if i was him. It is F1, even if you are 5 seconds slower. His pole position in Brasil was mostly result track gettin dryer minute by minute,in fact his car was slower 1,5 sec than ferrari, mclaren and bulls.

That's more like it, your Imperial Highness. A post about racing, indeed. Now you just need to find '12' in the font size drop boxtongue.gif

And when was it just about driver's potential? In the old ages was a sport for bored aristocrats, except Fangio who they kept around to show that proletaries can also live the American Dream (provided they were caucasian with blue eyes lol). In the 70s Williams alone had more pay drivers than Berlusconi had hookers. That didn't stop us to consider those the goold old days. So in what sense Hulk is better than Petrov? Hulk had a perfect qualy at Brazil. A flabergasting performane, no doubt, but isolated in an ocean of not too shabby drives but nothing to write home about. Petrov had a perfect race at Yas Marina with Nando on his back. He crashes too much but he also was fast between crashes, knew how to battle against the likes of Schumi and Lewis...nope, I can't see where the Hulk has the edge over Petrov.

:sigh: In equal cars, Hulkenberg would finish a three lap race with Petrov, 2 laps ahead.....he's just better - don't let different and inferior cars and opportunity mask that....

That's more like it, your Imperial Highness. A post about racing, indeed. Now you just need to find '12' in the font size drop boxtongue.gif

I can do posts about racing, sometimes, but a font size is something that i am sensitive about.-_-