Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Pre-Season Testing Thread

Most of the teams aren't running full spec 2011 cars yet. To me, these times are pretty much meaningless.

Every time they go on track, it is meaningful. It's just that we have no idea what they are testing or trying to gather data on, so to us it seems meaningless, but its only because we are ignorant to what they are trying to achieve. They have target times to get for whatever they are testing, and if they go faster they know they are on a winner, or if they go slower that their car is a pile of Dodo doo.

“Zero problems here, zero problems in Fiorano, zero problems on the dyno,” he said. “That’s not normal for a brand new car. I’m really surprised." ....Alonso on yesterday's running

this morning..."The first red flag of the day is unfurled. Looks like Felipe Massa has spun off. Plenty of steam & plumes." #bbcf1

Looks like Massa is getting the bad end of the stick already :lol:

If it forces UNPREDICTABLE two stoppers in races then I'm all for them leaving the tyres as is :D

And that's unpredictable to the teams....none of this on lap x we pit then on lap y because then we'll finish the race in z time and in n place...boooooorrrrriiiinnnggggg....

Every time they go on track, it is meaningful. It's just that we have no idea what they are testing or trying to gather data on, so to us it seems meaningless, but its only because we are ignorant to what they are trying to achieve. They have target times to get for whatever they are testing, and if they go faster they know they are on a winner, or if they go slower that their car is a pile of Dodo doo.

In terms of establishing the pecking order I meant, should have worded my post better really :P

They're Italian....bits are bound to fall off :P

Edit: Can't spell they're...what a bloody id-jit I am

Final day's results:

1. Robert Kubica Renault 1m13.144s 95

2. Adrian Sutil Force India Mercedes* 1m13.201s +0.057 117

3. Jenson Button McLaren Mercedes* 1m13.553s +0.409 105

4. Mark Webber Red Bull Renault 1m13.936s +0.792 105

5. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m14.017s +0.873 80

6. Timo Glock Virgin Cosworth* 1m14.207s +1.063 114

7. Pastor Maldonado Williams Cosworth 1m14.299s +1.155 101

8. Sergio Perez Sauber Ferrari 1m14.469s +1.325 104

9. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m14.537s +1.393 110

10. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso Ferrari 1m14.801s +1.657 73

11. Narain Karthikeyan HRT Cosworth* 1m16.535s +3.391 63

12. Jarno Trulli Lotus Renault no time 38

Not long till the next test, it starts next Thursday.

With the start of the second group test tomorrow, I thought people may be interested to see this. A list of who's driving when.

Looking forward to seeing Ricciardo out for Toro Rosso. What happens when he's faster than both Buemi and Alguersuari?

With the start of the second group test tomorrow, I thought people may be interested to see this. A list of who's driving when.

Looking forward to seeing Ricciardo out for Toro Rosso. What happens when he's faster than both Buemi and Alguersuari?

he will not be faster. not because of him , but because of track and car condition. they will send him to see if the car will explode or not, and then give it to Buemi and Alguersuari.

he will not be faster. not because of him , but because of track and car condition. they will send him to see if the car will explode or not, and then give it to Buemi and Alguersuari.

Haha, you may be right there. I think it was evident from what Ricciardo did at the young driver test that he's ready to step up to F1.

thanks for the effort

No problems!

Re: Renault. I believe Petrov will drive the first two days, then Senna and Heidfeld with get a go over the weekend to determine who's going to replace Kubica. I hope it's Heidfeld.

Re: Renault. I believe Petrov will drive the first two days, then Senna and Heidfeld with get a go over the weekend to determine who's going to replace Kubica. I hope it's Heidfeld.

I never really liked Heidfeld, even though I realise Renault needs him more. I hope Bruno gets the drive, for the sake of the name and to prove to everyone that he can do it....

+1

Heidfeld is a safe bet for team Poochie, an even a good investment if they plan to just settel for 4th this year but continue to develop the car in the meantime. But the guy can't raise the fans temp more than one or two degrees above zero Kelvin. Bruno hasn't exactly shone, even factoring in the HRT's shortcomings...but the prospect of a Senna in a Black/Gold Lotus...would be worth just to watch it for a race and dream....I know, my standards are pretty low at this time.

Out of the men available, Nick is the one for the job IMO. If they have 2 inexperienced drivers side by side, I feel they will probably lose points.

I never really liked Heidfeld, even though I realise Renault needs him more. I hope Bruno gets the drive, for the sake of the name and to prove to everyone that he can do it....

You do know he isn't actually a Senna, right?

Just to avoid making unnecessary statements over and over again.

EVERYBODY KNOWS (By Andres Cohen)

Everybody knows that Team Lotus is not Lotus

Everybody knows Lopez is not Chapman

Everybody knows Bruno is not Ayrton

Everybody knows Rosberg is not a man

Everybody knows Bambino is not Drib

And an Android app makes posts as Eric

That's how it goes

And everybody knows

Everybody knows that Virgin's no virgin

Evrybody knows that Ferrari cheated

Everybody knows that Glock won't win

Everybody knows Kimi Sh#tted

While Schumi flashed that stupid grin

Evrybody knows no matter what

this seasons' highlights will mean squat

That's how DOF goes

And everybody knows

Everybody knows Quick Nick is no pole

Everybody knows Sutil can't jog

Everybody knows Nando has one brow

Everybody knows Hispania is slow

Everybody knew Alonso was faster

'Cept for Massa...what a disaster!

So Smedley told

And everybody knows

Hope this helps

Haha, you may be right there. I think it was evident from what Ricciardo did at the young driver test that he's ready to step up to F1.

I don't think a test can really lead you to that conclusion. Ricciardo has the pace (even if he was in the best car, that's part of the sport), but losing the WSR title to Aleshin (and would have lost to Guerrieri if he had run all the races) says his driving has a little way to mature, still. He'd be fine in qualifying but another year in WSR, especially if he can dominate, will help iron out some inconsistencies. He's still young and rushing a driver (or any other athlete) up too quickly is a great way to kill confidence and sometimes that's enough to end a career. Let him do his Fridays and WSR and bring the best Ricciardo you can for 2012.

You do know he isn't actually a Senna, right?

Why? Because he doesn't build the cars, like Lotus-Renault? ;)

His name is Bruno Senna Lalli and he was close to his uncle, who I'm sure wouldn't have had a problem with Bruno using that name. It would be one thing he were an extremely distant relative, and Senna wasn't even part of his name, but since it is... Think of all the people who use their middle name as their surname to get better jobs; very common in the media, particularly broadcasting.

Anyway, they won't give him a ride based on his name alone. He'll face Heidfeld and we'll see. Sadly, I think he'll lose; Nick's the right choice, even if seeing Senna get his first real chance would be more interesting (albeit less successful, I'd assume).

Just to avoid making unnecessary statements over and over again.

EVERYBODY KNOWS (By Andres Cohen)

Hope this helps

That post should be framed and hung in front of the entrance to this place.

That post should be framed and hung in front of the entrance to this place.

And everybody knows it XD

That poster should be framed and hung in front of the entrance to this place.

Indeed. For crimes against Leonard.