Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freaky2

Motogp 2011

Yay, the new year is here, and the new MotoGP championship is around the corner ^^

For now there's been some testing, and the Hondas have kicked everyone else's a##. I didn't read all about the testing so all I can certify is that at least once Spies beat Lorenzo (lol) and that Rossi says he's not fit enough to race properly, meaning we can only judge him on the Ducati starting May (I'm guessing that he wanted a bit of extra time before we can officially say that either he can't manage the Ducati or he's lost his mojo... but I sincerely hope that he'll kick a## come May XD).

Anyways, you're all welcome to post pics and stuff, in fact I'll go look for a couple so that y'all can take a look ^^

Rossi02_1.preview_big.jpg

Stoner01_8.preview_big.jpg

Lorenzo02.preview_big.jpg

For a bit of info on testing: MotoGP on last test

Dedicated to Steph^^ By the way, the championship starts on the 20th of March, so F1 starts a bit earlier!

The schedule for the rest of the tests is:

• 22-24 february: Sepang, Malaysia
  • 13-14 march: Losail, Qatar (Nighttime test)

EDIT: To add the lower categories schedule:

Moto2 and 125cc

• 10-12 february: Valencia, Spain
  • 15-16 february: Estoril, Portugal
  • 4-6 march: Jerez, Spain (Moto2)

I am quite looking forward to this season.

Let's hope Rossi's problems clear up and he can give chase to Lorenzo.

It seems that Stoner is doing great with the Honda and will have Pedrosa off again.

Quite a spread...

Can't wait for this season. Rossi looks like he's struggling but is it another mind game so we don't judge him too quickly? I wouldn't rule it out.

Those Honda's look fast and it's about time they won something meaningful. I think this season will be good for Stoner, and no doubt Lorenzo will be up there again too.

Should be an interesting season, just wish there was more bikes on the grid! Maybe it's because I'm more a car racing fan, but the grids always look incredibly bare when I watch MotoGP.

Dedicated to Steph^^ By the way, the championship starts on the 20th of March, so F1 starts a bit earlier!

The schedule for the rest of the tests is:

• 22-24 february: Sepang, Malaysia
  • 13-14 march: Losail, Qatar (Nighttime test)

EDIT: To add the lower categories schedule:

Moto2 and 125cc

• 10-12 february: Valencia, Spain
  • 15-16 february: Estoril, Portugal
  • 4-6 march: Jerez, Spain (Moto2)

Thanks lady!

Who are you hoping wins this season? Would love for a Lorenzo/Rossi/Stoner take it to the wire!

Again, thanks chica. You rock xx

Yamaha better let Spies and Lorenzo have at it. If they make Spies play *****, I will be massively disappointed. I've followed his career for a while and he's one of the main reasons I started following MotoGP a bit more last year, so I hope he gets a good shot at it. Do I, in all honesty, think he's on Lorenzo's level? No, not consistently enough. But I think he can win races, and will, if they let him. Hope it's a fun season.

You're welcome Steph!

Well, I'm rooting for Rossi as always, but I don't really think he'll get the championship so I'm just hoping for great battles amongst Stoner, Lorenzo, Spies (I'm with Eric here, let him have a fair shot, he's cool XD), Pedrosa, Simponcelli, Hayden, Rossi.. and whoever wants to go for it! That's the cool thing about MotoGP ^^

First GP of 2011 and first practice is headed by Casey Stoner (by a tiny 0.6 of a second). Well bloody hell! Who saw that one coming? ..oh wait, everyone did. I *hope* it's not the case but I fear that nobody is going to know which way Stoner went this year!

Hello,

He was Stoner the man who can handle the bike, if Rossi looks struggle in pre season tests the new bike might not suit his style yet . He is a fast learner, provided the bike is there up with good performance it will improve after trying the real race in a couple of races.

Stoner looks promising, at the moment he is the strongest rider to challenge Yamaha boy, either Lorenzo or Spies. True, Spies seems still have some problem with consistency. Winning a race or two would be good for him. Honda and Stoner need to win, Ducati needs to win, and Yamaha needs to retain it. Can't wait.

Oh from the pics above what's written on Lorenzo's arm and at the tail of his bike?...

First GP of 2011 and first practice is headed by Casey Stoner (by a tiny 0.6 of a second). Well bloody hell! Who saw that one coming? ..oh wait, everyone did. I *hope* it's not the case but I fear that nobody is going to know which way Stoner went this year!

Agreed :thbup:

Either which way its nice to see Rossi has decent competition.

Good race from Qatar. Lorenzo was impressive. A good start for Spies too. Shame about Pedrosa's fitness playing a part in the second stage of the race. Although even if in full fitness, I doubt he could have matched Stoner. Rossi's fitness hurt him too but it could have been worse than seventh.

Rossi right where I expected him to be, tailing the Hondas and Yamahas, actually I expected Spies to leave him behind even earlier... Horrible how naked the MotoGP grid looks, so few bikes and looking at the front - so much orange. Good thing Lorenzo is there to spice up the Honda fest.

http://bonadjalins.w...ket-for-yamaha/

Nice race, nice fights so far.

Found the similar thing printed on Repsol bike and back of riders, seems they are competing market in this region...

Agree, this has been being my concern too, only a few bikes on the grid, Rizla rizuki with only one bike was also absent yesterday, Yamaha factory was racing without main sponsors. The point is, how can motogp attract more parties involved, more privateers and more sponsor to back up the race. Tobacco makers have strong interest, but restriction if their brand appears straightly may impede their involvement.

Great start to the season. I actually see (or want to see) a really open season,with Stoner and Lorenzo fighting head to head. I wouldn't bet my money on Stoner yet,too early to tell...

And Pedrosa to be operated again after next race....it's a shame because he (and his fans) always have that excuse.

'Oh,he's not at his max yet cause his arm/elbow/shoulder/nose still hurts.' 'No,he'll be back stronger,he has yet to recover.' 'Oh,he didn't win X championship because of his injuries.' 'Life is so unfair to Pedrosa,I want to kill myself.'

I don't hate the guy, I just never considered him as a serious title contender, even Stoner with a dog of a Ducati had brighter races. Is it a coincidence that just this season,when Stoner goes to Honda the Hondas look a lot faster?

I mean, Pedrosa was 3rd in Quatar,usual position for him,and were Rossi still in Yamaha,he would've been 4h. Great move by Honda getting Stoner,they finally have the chance to win!

And Pedrosa to be operated again after next race....it's a shame because he (and his fans) always have that excuse.

'Oh,he's not at his max yet cause his arm/elbow/shoulder/nose still hurts.' 'No,he'll be back stronger,he has yet to recover.' 'Oh,he didn't win X championship because of his injuries.' 'Life is so unfair to Pedrosa,I want to kill myself.'

I don't hate the guy, I just never considered him as a serious title contender, even Stoner with a dog of a Ducati had brighter races. Is it a coincidence that just this season,when Stoner goes to Honda the Hondas look a lot faster?

I mean, Pedrosa was 3rd in Quatar,usual position for him,and were Rossi still in Yamaha,he would've been 4h. Great move by Honda getting Stoner,they finally have the chance to win!

Agree.

Sooo, I was compensating a sleepless night and I couldn't watch the lower categories but at least I watched MotoGP.

A great race, really entertaining, I couldn't take my eyes off the TV for more than a second. The start was the best part, of course, with Rossi overtaking the front runners, I didn't expect it at all. He did make a stupid mistake when trying to overtake Stoner, but I'm ready to be forgiving because the track was wet and he probably miscalculated a bit because he wanted to go ahead as fast as possible. (Obviously Stoner fans are welcome to contradict me and get angry, but races are like that). Then Pedrosa getting back a mojo we never knew he had in him, that was a great part of the race, it's a pity that he didn't manage to catch up to Lorenzo. And finally the tyres show, with so many people making mistakes and falling that Rossi got from 15th to 5th, not to mention Elias in 9th, the "oh no, not now" moments of Spies and Edwards... fun fun fun.

Meanwhile Lorenzo was the silent spectator of his rivals' downfall, which wasn't very awe inspiring or anything, so it's probably one of his less fought victories (of course, not falling is a merit in itself, but...)

Conclusion: I was pleasantly surprised by the Ducattis, I hope they can carry this form to normal, dry races and spice up the Championship! Pity for Spies, Simoncelli, Stoner... but they'll have more chances :)

[quote name='freaky2' timestamp='1301840310' post='332864']
Sooo, I was compensating a sleepless night and I couldn't watch the lower categories but at least I watched MotoGP.
A great race, really entertaining, I couldn't take my eyes off the TV for more than a second. The start was the best part, of course, with Rossi overtaking the front runners, I didn't expect it at all. He did make a stupid mistake when trying to overtake Stoner, but I'm ready to be forgiving because the track was wet and he probably miscalculated a bit because he wanted to go ahead as fast as possible. (Obviously Stoner fans are welcome to contradict me and get angry, but races are like that). Then Pedrosa getting back a mojo we never knew he had in him, that was a great part of the race, it's a pity that he didn't manage to catch up to Lorenzo. And finally the tyres show, with so many people making mistakes and falling that Rossi got from 15th to 5th, not to mention Elias in 9th, the "oh no, not now" moments of Spies and Edwards... fun fun fun.

Meanwhile Lorenzo was the silent spectator of his rivals' downfall, which wasn't very awe inspiring or anything, so it's probably one of his less fought victories (of course, not falling is a merit in itself, but...)

Conclusion: I was pleasantly surprised by the Ducattis, I hope they can carry this form to normal, dry races and spice up the Championship! Pity for Spies, Simoncelli, Stoner... but they'll have more chances :)
[/quote]

Yep, great race! Rossi could have won if he hadn't made the silly error, so I'm still a little heartbroken from that one. Wasn't all that impressed with Stoner's reaction when Rossi came to apologise either, saying that "I guess your ambition outweighed your talent" may well have been true for today, but it's a silly and disrespectful thing to say to a rider of Rossi's stature in the sport (esp. consindering how many times Stoner chucked a Ducati down the road..). I'll put Stoner's reaction down to his competitive nature, although I still don't think he's much of a sportsmen.

Lorenzo rode the smartest if not the fastest, and that's always something worth doing in chaotic races. A good job for him and he did his title chances a great help (and so did Rossi by taking Stoner out).

All in all a fun race and all those who didn't fall deserve praise!

You're all a bunch of stonersterics. No, pedrosasterics. I mean rossisterics. Or lorenzosterics. :P

MotoGP was a lot of fun.

haha did you watch it on rtve?

Dennis Noyes when Spies falls: 'I was going to say that there were 3 americans in the top 5,I didn't,so i wouldn't jinx it...then on the same lap spies falls'

A couple of laps later it's Edwards who falls and someone tells him...'alright, Hayden's turn!' :lol:

Caught up with the race through iPlayer. Was tuned to BTCC for most the day and completely forgot about it. It was a very good race, would have like to see Simoncelli win though.