Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freaky2

Motogp 2011

His Twitter feed is protected and the image you psoted doesn't show up.

His Twitter feed is protected and the image you psoted doesn't show up.

Fixed! Image even stopped showing up for me, even though it is still at the original source. Even I can't do anything about Twatter though.

I guess it's my turn again!

i watched the 125cc race today, pretty entertaining. It seems it's the first one not won by Nico Terol, and the way Viñales took it from him was quite breathtaking. Neither could pull away from the other, so all came down to a last lap duel, won at the last moment. Also, 2 more seconds to the finish line and it was photofinish for them! (Or video finish, what they do these days xD). Very funny how at several moments in the race the one in the lead urged the other to take the task from him XD

I missed Moto2, more or less, but yay for Márquez!

About MotoGP, I almost thought there would be nothing interesting but Simoncelli will give plenty to talk about, and he already has. Dani is yet again out of the game for a while >.< Lorenzo and Valentino took this chance, no idea what happened to Lorenzo but Vale did better. A pity that he could do nothing against Dovi! Honda are definitely on the right track and it's scary what they could do now.

I guess it's my turn again!

i watched the 125cc race today, pretty entertaining. It seems it's the first one not won by Nico Terol, and the way Viñales took it from him was quite breathtaking. Neither could pull away from the other, so all came down to a last lap duel, won at the last moment. Also, 2 more seconds to the finish line and it was photofinish for them! (Or video finish, what they do these days xD). Very funny how at several moments in the race the one in the lead urged the other to take the task from him XD

I missed Moto2, more or less, but yay for Márquez!

About MotoGP, I almost thought there would be nothing interesting but Simoncelli will give plenty to talk about, and he already has. Dani is yet again out of the game for a while >.< Lorenzo and Valentino took this chance, no idea what happened to Lorenzo but Vale did better. A pity that he could do nothing against Dovi! Honda are definitely on the right track and it's scary what they could do now.

Yup, well said. I'll go next time!

Interesting race, can't say I agree with the penalty Simoncelli got for the Pedrosa incident. I mean, I'm a Rossi fan, but where was his ride through penalty when he took Stoner out a couple of races back? I think FIM are being swayed by the constant bitching and moaning by the likes of Lorenzo and Stoner. I'd say that Stoner punching de Puniet in practice was worse, that WAS deliberate. Or what about Lorenzo shoving Dovizioso out the way in the early stages of the race? The Pedrosa/Simoncelli thing was a RACING INCIDENT. Poor show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kWAvnlfAdQ

Interesting race, can't say I agree with the penalty Simoncelli got for the Pedrosa incident. I mean, I'm a Rossi fan, but where was his ride through penalty when he took Stoner out a couple of races back? I think FIM are being swayed by the constant bitching and moaning by the likes of Lorenzo and Stoner. I'd say that Stoner punching de Puniet in practice was worse, that WAS deliberate. Or what about Lorenzo shoving Dovizioso out the way in the early stages of the race? The Pedrosa/Simoncelli thing was a RACING INCIDENT. Poor show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kWAvnlfAdQ

Yep. The penalty was silly and not at all proportionate to what happened. As far as I can tell it was a 50/50 racing incident, both of them could have handled it better (Simoncelli by not turning in so much, Pedrosa by backing out earlier and not getting into the corner 'hot' on the brakes like he was). In addition, I have not seen anything particularly over aggressive from Simoncelli, to justify putting in an official complaint about his riding to the FIM (as Lorenzo, Stoner and another have done during the weekend), and it seems that without that complaint maybe Marco would not have been penalised. Ironically enough, Lorenzo brought up the issue of Marco’s riding last weekend by referring to an incident which occurred in the final race of 2010, where it was in fact Lorenzo who made a mistake trying to overtake, and almost took Simoncelli out of the Grand Prix (see: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HU4HdIoJysE and

). As you say, many riders have done aggressive overtaking maneuverers (Rossi races harder than any of them), and so the penalty is not only disproportionate but also inconsistent.

It seems that Lorenzo and Stoner are forming a sort of alliance, most likely connected by their indifference and dislike of Rossi, and are ganging up on Simoncelli, who is clearly a talented rider and therefore a threat. No doubt Marco’s friendship with Valentino is not helping his relationship with the pair either. The straight talking Colin Edwards put it another way, “I have no problem with Marco, but then again I am not Italian or Spanish so I have no reason to have one”.

All this aside, let us hope that this does not set a precedent; MotoGP can do without the meddling that F1 sometimes suffers from. The sad thing about this situation is the injury to Pedrosa, which hurts his title chances enormously. The guy just does not crash well. What is also sad is the fact that we have two world champions with an allergy to racing wheel to wheel - Lorenzo and Stoner are exceptionally talented riders but their attitude stinks. If it were up to them, they would never race anyone wheel to wheel. Stoner especially is very odd, probably one of the most talented riders the sport has seen, yet he has a fit every time someone follows him in a practice session - yes Casey, there are other riders out there and they will try to follow you sometimes, no need to spit the dummy out.

Maybe you're right guys, although it seemed to me Simoncelli was very agressive in that move, anyone would have thought Pedrosa was to take that turn first. But still, I don't dislike Marco in general, and I don't see what's all that stuff that he's allegedly done to have so much hate thrown on him. Lorenzo himself almost ended up rolling in the dust with Dovizioso because he took it to the limit when overtaking. I'll hold the axe for now (I have it on hold so much that it's getting rusty, but war is the last resort xD).

About our leaders, Lorenzo used to provide spectacle, and Pedrosa found some mojo this year, Stoner hasn't been in the overtaking action for a while. But whatever race you take, even when not at the front, Rossi is the guy that tries to overtake when he can and makes it fun. Until he loses his mojo he's the best at that spectacle thing. And with no bitching. Or what, being Nº1 grants you a 10m off-limits space?? I'll have to follow this soap opera closer now xD

If Stoner and Lorenzo don't want to race wheel-to-wheel, then they chose the wrong career. Silly whining cry babies.