Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duest

Kubica In Hospital After Rally Crash!

News is very sketchy as I post. However early reports indicate Kubica has crashed while driving in a rally. He is reported to have fractures and other injuries. The crash itself has been described as serious, but it is unclear how serious Robert's injuries are.

See here:

http://www.thenews.pl/sport/artykul148796_kubica-in-hospital-after-rally-accident.html

Geez. Terrible to hear. Here's the AUTOSPORT article:

Robert Kubica has been taken to hospital in Italy after what has been described as a 'serious' rally crash. The Renault Formula 1 driver was contesting the Rally Ronde di Andora when he had a heavy accident on the opening stage.

Italian news agencies and local media are reporting that Kubica was transported to the Santa Corona hospital in Pietra Ligure by helicopter.

There has not yet been any official confirmation of the nature of Kubica's injuries. His co-driver Jakub Gerber is believed to be unhurt.

Kubica has regularly contested rallies alongside his F1 career in recent years. This weekend's event in Italy was his first appearance in a Super 2000 car.

Get well soon Robert! Hopefully he doesn't have to miss any testing because of it.

Early reports suggesting he may have a broken leg. Just to stress, there is nothing 100% official just yet.

Best news so far was to hear he was concious afterwards.

Hopefully he hasn't fractured his legs. Especially his left leg. They left foot brake and apply a lot of force through that leg. Webber broke his right leg and had significantly more time to recover before the season started. Yet he was still very touch and go come the first race. If Kubica has broken his left leg then he will be out for a long time.

To be honest, I think the main objective are to find out if he's 100% alright or not - the racing can wait.

Apparently he has fractured his left arm and left leg. He has fractured his left arm before as well (also in a rallying accident) and was then given titanium plates to support the bones. Given that the same arm is fractured again (or so it seems), this could send him for a long break. :( Hope that it's not that bad.

Seems like the British media have already got bored of the story. There's a guy injured and BBC are more f*cking bothered about the stupid Scottish Premier League and other dreary football sh*t. Disgrace.

Picture of his car:

normal14d.jpg

Poor Robert. Hope he is able to recover from this.

PlanetF1 had this snippet...

Although his co-driver Jakub Gerber escaped unharmed, Kubica was trapped inside. Current speculation – which it should be stressed is unconfirmed – is that he has multiple fractures and internal trauma. Indeed there are reports he has two broken legs, a broken hip and a badly injured hand, which, according to reports by Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport he may now lose the use of.

I am not taking that as verbatim or course, but I wonder what kind of injury would render a hand useless apart from amputation. Could there be other damage, spinal damage or something that in turn has caused the issue with his hand? or simply that it got smashed up so badly and thus cannot be patched up the same ever again.

from PlanetF1 forum: "Info with amputation seems to be fake. Polish rally driver Kuzaj who is friend of Kubica's pilot and talk with him said that is not true, but it seems that Kubica have some fractures"

from PlanetF1 forum: "Info with amputation seems to be fake. Polish rally driver Kuzaj who is friend of Kubica's pilot and talk with him said that is not true, but it seems that Kubica have some fractures"

Hopefully that's true, thanks for the info Caesar.

More news should come soon, press conference should be starting now.

The media went overboard with fiction when Webber got injured and I'm optimistic it's the same with Kubica. Certainly the 'losing his hand' story seems to have grown out of nothing. It certainly isn't being reported widely in the media. Although it does sound like he does have some nasty injuries.

God I wish Renault would just end the speculation and say what is happening. Lots of really horrid rumours going around about the scale of his injuries.

This news made me poo my nappy and cry lots. I hope Bob is going to be okay. My Daddy said it could be like someone called Herbert all over again....