Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duest

Kubica In Hospital After Rally Crash!

We're talking about viable options available to Renault, that's all. Inevitable that some will get a bit excited about Kimi's return. Button did slightly 'luck in' on that day. Still a great drive though and thoroughly deserved. Just my take.

Please give a **** about what I say.

Ok.

You remind me of somebody.

Its just some of the things that get said here is pure bulls##t, and I think have had just about enough.

Kimi did have a wonderful crash in Hungary was it? when he ran up the a## of another car. He would have won that race too is he hadn't been looking down at his steering wheel at the time. But Button got his first win, so for some a good day.

HandyNZL, I'm perfectly aware why we call McLaren McLaren, and Williams a Williams. But this mutt of a team that used to be Renault is not comparble to them. I only used to make my point. Renault is now 100% owned by everyone else but Renault. So it makes as much sense as calling Sauber, BMW Sauber while using a Ferrari engine.

But the Renault is more akin to the old Benetton Colors campaign of the 80s. We have apparently Renault, Lotus, Lada, Genii and a whole bunch of other small frys. But you see my point right? It doesn't matter to me that the chasis was built when Renault had a stake in the team. Now they are no different than STR, aka Spyker, aka Midland, aka that f**king team that used to be called Jordan. Phew. I always wanted to vent about that. Just about everytime a stupid news hack or journo mentions STR, it's not before first saying that team that used to be Jordan.

All Renault now are an engine supplier. I can live with that. But this "Renault" is really just a Genii. Since no one knows about Genii or even heard of them, they stuck with Renault as the name, I think to make it sound more credible.

Not to point out the obvious, but STR was Minardi, and Force India was Jordan. So obviously the journo is stupid for saying STR was Jordan, but they sure got you too... :P

Ah. Heidi is Sh#t. JV is Sh#ttier, and I made a promise i'd have to walk naked through London if JV ever drove in F1 again.

What about PDLR?

Yes, you can walk naked through London if PDLR gets the drive.

Thanks for asking.

Have a wonderful day :D

Yeah, the thing with Raikkonen was that he was one of the very fastest drivers, if not the fastest, when it took his fancy. But sometimes he was down right ordinary in some races.

And nothing has taken his fancy in quite a while. He's one of those massively talented drivers who's great when he can get into a car and things work, but lacks the dedication or the intelligence or the commitment to turn things around if they don't go his way, a mere playboy. He would have had more WDCs if he didn't break cars and if he hadn't declined so much that he got smacked around by Massa.

What about PDLR?

I'll walk naked from here to Timbuktu if De La Rosa gets that drive.

You're quite fit anyway Cav, hope he does :P

can they borrow that young guy ricciardo from toro roso (red bull)?

If Renault pays a bucket load of cash to Red Bull, maybe, but unlikely.

If I were Nico Hulkenberg....

That contract of mine with Force India would be ripped up faster than a fast thing.

Here is a seat in a near-to-front running car, better than my old stead at Williams, and I get to race on track for a year instead of look like a prize gnome at the back of the garage with a middle-of-the-pack team.

Yeah, I'd chose sitting around on my a## over racing any day of the week.....

Some of you need your heads read..... :P

There's no evidence to say that Kubica will miss the entire season. He could be back beforehand. As such, Hulkenberg gets chucked out, Force India won't take him back because he'll have gone against his contract, and he'll be back to square one, trying to find a seat.

It would only offer short term benefits. Hulkenberg has said about how he has a long term deal with Force India, and IMO, he'd be stupid to compromise that.

Anyway, Heidfeld, Liuzzi and Senna are the candidates, but here's the latest update on Kubica:

Robert Kubica will undergo further surgery this week as he continues to make progress following his accident. His Renault team said in another update on Tuesday that the Pole is expected to undergo some more surgery in order to stabilise the fractures to his right shoulder and right foot on Thursday.

Three or four days later, another operation will allow his elbow fracture to be stabilised as well.

The team confirmed Kubica's condition has improved and that, according to the doctors treating him, the levels of inflammation are in the norm considering his medical condition, and that the recovery of his forearm remains encouraging.

The Renault driver talked to his doctors and relatives yesterday.

"He has reacted well to the news about his condition and is ready to fight for his comeback," said Renault in a statement.

"Robert will remain at the Santa Corona Hospital for two to three weeks. A decision will then be taken about where he should go in order to continue his rehabilitation."

He was visited today by team boss Eric Boullier and team-mate Vitaly Petrov.

"I'm close to him as a colleague, but also as a friend," the Russian was quoted as saying by SavonaNews.it. "We haven't talked about the crash, but only about his health conditions. I really hope to see him again on a track with me. Robert is a great professional, he's an expert racing driver. We can't lose him."

There's no evidence to say that Kubica will miss the entire season. He could be back beforehand.

I am no medical expert. I did have some very minor reconstructive surgery on my hand. Anyway. The point is, the chances of Kubeetza driving this season are practically nil. The chances of him EVER driving in F1 again are probably less than 50%. This is pretty clear from the doctors' comments. They're not giving out too many details, and while it's incredible what they can do these days, Kubeetza's injury from all accounts was bad. And there is a long way between being able to shake someone's hand and being able to use that hand to drive an F1. There's a long long way to go for him. The forecasts on how long it will take a driver to get back tend to be incredibly optimistic (Schumacher was supposed to be back in two races in 1999 and challenge for the title). And Kubeetza's injuries are the worst an active F1 driver has suffered since 1994. It's a shame, because he is clearly the best driver on the grid right now, the only one without a clear weakness - Alonso Hamilton Button Vettel Webber etc all have clear weak spots.

His best long term shot is to sit out the season, and I don't think he will have much choice anyway.

There's no evidence to say that Kubica will miss the entire season. He could be back beforehand. As such, Hulkenberg gets chucked out, Force India won't take him back because he'll have gone against his contract, and he'll be back to square one, trying to find a seat.

It would only offer short term benefits. Hulkenberg has said about how he has a long term deal with Force India, and IMO, he'd be stupid to compromise that.

Anyway, Heidfeld, Liuzzi and Senna are the candidates, but here's the latest update on Kubica:

Nah.

I am no medical expert. I did have some very minor reconstructive surgery on my hand. Anyway. The point is, the chances of Kubeetza driving this season are practically nil. The chances of him EVER driving in F1 again are probably less than 50%. This is pretty clear from the doctors' comments. They're not giving out too many details, and while it's incredible what they can do these days, Kubeetza's injury from all accounts was bad. And there is a long way between being able to shake someone's hand and being able to use that hand to drive an F1. There's a long long way to go for him. The forecasts on how long it will take a driver to get back tend to be incredibly optimistic (Schumacher was supposed to be back in two races in 1999 and challenge for the title). And Kubeetza's injuries are the worst an active F1 driver has suffered since 1994. It's a shame, because he is clearly the best driver on the grid right now, the only one without a clear weakness - Alonso Hamilton Button Vettel Webber etc all have clear weak spots.

His best long term shot is to sit out the season, and I don't think he will have much choice anyway.

Yeah.

Oh that was a subtle joke :P

Re Nico.....he will have a get out clause for a race seat elsewhere. And even if he drove ten races, scored in all of them, and maybe got a podium, that is still a chance worth taking as a driver as your stock will go up. His stock is going nowhere in the back of a pit garage.

the only one without a clear weakness - Alonso Hamilton Button Vettel Webber etc all have clear weak spots.

Funny that we both agree here (yes, Nando included). Of course, I guess you take for granted that he hasn't been exposed to the same kind of pressure/examination (you know somebody will bring this up even after I made the caveat for you) by the public as the other five but I also find it extremely interesting the fact that many others would have shown some sort of weakness even at his level yet he didn't. If there is one driver with enough potential to eclipse those five then its Kubica.

Ok, next step, making you root for Poochie Renault F1.

What about PDLR?

I don't think he'll be able to find an sponsor these days.

So. Button got his first win because Kimi crashed. Laughable.

Hungary 2006 was Alonso's or Button's, Alonso drove one of the most brilliant 1st lap in the rain ever. Absolutely amazing!

He was unlucky a mechanical didn't attach a rear wheel nut properly. Aaaarrrggghhhh $%*&%~#!!!!

Re Nico.....he will have a get out clause for a race seat elsewhere. And even if he drove ten races, scored in all of them, and maybe got a podium, that is still a chance worth taking as a driver as your stock will go up. His stock is going nowhere in the back of a pit garage.

Yeah.

Not to point out the obvious, but STR was Minardi, and Force India was Jordan. So obviously the journo is stupid for saying STR was Jordan, but they sure got you too... :P

Yep you're right. In my feeble defense it was late and I was irritated lol. My rant was more how they kept referring to a previous incarnation of a team, despite it changing many times after that. It just seems stupid to do that. I mean no one refers to Renault the mutts as Benetton anymore. Maybe it's for the plonkers who don't understand anything, so they have to somehow weave Jordan's name into the fray, because of course they all know who the other Jordan is.

Kubica won't be back this year period. If Renault are saying anything different, then that means one of two things. They are posturing so that they don't have to pay much for a replacement, because you know, Kubica's only got some mild bruising and will be back "soon". Or it's to do with holding onto sponsorship. Either way, I dont' really expect Renault to be honest when it comes to telling us what's really happening, or what exactly Kubica's injuries and surgery was.

There's all this talk about Kubica's hand here, but other news articles have made mention that there was a reconstruction of his entire forearm as well. Moving a finger is a big deal, but it in no way means he'll have the dexterity or fine motor skills needed to drive. Going from this close to having his hand amputated, to then being back to where he was, I give up a 0% chance. It's simply not going to happen.

And nothing has taken his fancy in quite a while. He's one of those massively talented drivers who's great when he can get into a car and things work, but lacks the dedication or the intelligence or the commitment to turn things around if they don't go his way, a mere playboy. He would have had more WDCs if he didn't break cars and if he hadn't declined so much that he got smacked around by Massa.

Senna's Ghost, I loved your unbiased "report" of your view of Kimi. It was wonderful. Unfortunately some poster's here stoops so low like this when they're haters of certain drivers. Irrational and unfounded thinking is what comes to mind, but I think you can tell. This is from a guy who claims himself most intelligent <---- seriously...

Ah. Heidi is Sh#t. JV is Sh#ttier, and I made a promise i'd have to walk naked through London if JV ever drove in F1 again.

What about PDLR?

Well Steph, obviously the testosterone charged young males here will be rooting for JV not that I wouldn't mind a shufty myself if the Canadian idiot got back in an F1 car!blush.gif Pedro is steady and current, as is Nick . The Hulk is still breaking things and Senna is not his uncle and will never come close id he lived to be a 100. KImi can hardly stay out of the trees and is way out of shape for F1 racing. Kobi would be my choice and in Flavio's day such a deal may have been struck but with the toothless and massively inexperienced Genii Capital/Proton outfit operating under the Regie's former moniker, a safe bet will probably be the order of the day. Nick is probably already in the simulator as we speak.

KImi can hardly stay out of the trees and is way out of shape for F1 racing.

While I agree that we won't see Kimi in Renault, the reason for that is not that he is out of shape. Just because he is not in F1 anymore does not mean he doesn't have to keep his shape up. There's an interview on wrc.com of his trainer discussing this,

http://www.wrc.com/v...rview/?vid=1517

I guess the biggest "obstacle" is the neck muscles due to the g-forces, but I doubt that would rule anything out. He won't drive for Renault because he likes rallying more.

If I were Kimi, I wouldn't come back to F1. Some fans deserve 22 heidfelds going round in circles forever.

Both KR and RK are two great drivers. Period.

You should replace a great with a great. Period.

A message of support for Robert at [email protected]

While I agree that we won't see Kimi in Renault, the reason for that is not that he is out of shape. Just because he is not in F1 anymore does not mean he doesn't have to keep his shape up. There's an interview on wrc.com of his trainer discussing this,

http://www.wrc.com/v...rview/?vid=1517

I guess the biggest "obstacle" is the neck muscles due to the g-forces, but I doubt that would rule anything out. He won't drive for Renault because he likes rallying more.

As you said in the final part of your post, F1 and Rallying have different fitness criteria and specific training regimes. That was my point.

As you said in the final part of your post, F1 and Rallying have different fitness criteria and specific training regimes. That was my point.

Ikyrotz was just saying Kimi kept fit, enough for a return if it would ever come to that, with rallying and might not be so out of shape as you'de think he'de be.

He's not being replaced. Merely a stand in. Better chance of JPM standing in for Robert.

Well, Nick is being a chance to show his worth this week. Senna too, which is normal as he is a designated Third Driver. However, if NH puts in some decent times I believe he will get the nod.