Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duest

Kubica In Hospital After Rally Crash!

What about the other Schu? naughty.gif

I think Renault might contact Ferrari or Red Bull to try and get one of their No.2 drivers.

It seems that the car might be successful this year and will require a leading driver to make it a successful year. Must be a driver that has succeeded.

Been in Sweden and this news is of course, horrific.

Too many Saab's?

If I were Nico Hulkenberg....

That contract of mine with Force India would be ripped up faster than a fast thing.

Here is a seat in a near-to-front running car, better than my old stead at Williams, and I get to race on track for a year instead of look like a prize gnome at the back of the garage with a middle-of-the-pack team.

Yeah, I'd chose sitting around on my a## over racing any day of the week.....

Some of you need your heads read..... :P

Agreed.

What about the other Schu? naughty.gif

I think Verstappen would be a safer bet.

You're talking about a guy that could drive like Senna.... I pity thee o ghost

Yeah, the thing with Raikkonen was that he was one of the very fastest drivers, if not the fastest, when it took his fancy. But sometimes he was down right ordinary in some races.

I too was a big fan of Raikkonen when he burst onto the scene from nowhere, and his switch to McLaren was a perfect move. You could immediately see how fast he was by compared to Coulthard in 2002 by outqualifying him 10-7 (Colthard beat him in the championship though, but Raikkonen should of won the French GP). His time at McLaren helped create the enigma surrounding him. Often the cars would let him down in the race when he was in a strong position and then of course we'd get the one word responses to questions he was asked; he is the only man who can make Mika Hakkinen appear to be an orator of some note. McLaren fostered the Iceman image for him to suit the self contained, uncommunicative, impervious to pressure, total dedication to racing image that they wanted to project. At Ferrari we saw a slightly different Raikkonen but he was no longer the young buck fighting to make a name for himself, he was the establishment, he was one of the heads that the new youngsters, such as Hamilton and Vettel, wanted to take down, and I saw less and less fight in Raikkonen during his final season.

He's got his 1 WDC but he should of had more. He's one of those drivers that had the talent, the speed and the image that F1 fans adore but he should of done more with it. In my books I'd put him on a level with Gilles and Ronnie. He has that championship to his name, and they didn't.

Kimi won't come back.

Sure it may be marketing wet dream stuff for Renault, but it ain't gonna happen. This is just the same hoopla as was spewed out by the media in the off season. And where did that end? Kimi making his own Rally team, that's where.

Hulkenberg will be the real top-of-the-list guy. And if he does get the nod, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the lad wasn't challenging for wins.

Kimi won't come back.

Sure it may be marketing wet dream stuff for Renault, but it ain't gonna happen. This is just the same hoopla as was spewed out by the media in the off season. And where did that end? Kimi making his own Rally team, that's where.

Hulkenberg will be the real top-of-the-list guy. And if he does get the nod, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the lad wasn't challenging for wins.

I still predict that the Renault won't be good enough to challenge for wins and that the test time flattered to deceive. If the car would have been a potential winner in the hands of Bob, Petrov should at least be able to hustle it to the podium. If he can't do that, I don't think we should naturally flame him or his team mate. Petrov aint no Bob, but he shows flashes of good speed; enough to let us know if the black/gold thingy is a lemon.

I agree Bambino, but "potential" winner also depends on the driver. Maybe it could get to be a winner with a bit of development and driver feedback. So Petrov is good, but that team needs a lead driver. Even if it's not such a good car, who said that if it's not that good you can put two rookie drivers in it? Or a not-so-rookie driver and a Sh#tty driver... If they do that then maybe next year there won't be a Lotus-Renault-Lada team anymore :(

So I'd try for Heidfeld for security or for Hülkenberg if they do think he's good enough. Because at least he's more exciting than Nick XD

Kimi won't come back.

Spot on. There are multiple reasons to why Kimi won't replace Kubica, and the two most obvious ones to me are

1. Kimi loves what he is doing now (rallying) and does not miss F1 one bit.

2. He drives for Citroen, Renault's biggest domestic rival. The amount of money they would ask Renault for breaking his contract would be astronomical.

Not to say I'd love to see him back, but it's only worth it if it's something he wants to do. It's not.

Spot on. There are multiple reasons to why Kimi won't replace Kubica, and the two most obvious ones to me are

1. Kimi loves what he is doing now (rallying) and does not miss F1 one bit.

2. He drives for Citroen, Renault's biggest domestic rival. The amount of money they would ask Renault for breaking his contract would be astronomical.

Not to say I'd love to see him back, but it's only worth it if it's something he wants to do. It's not.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-will-raikkonen-replace-robert-kubica/

i must admit that when robert crashes he does it with style, kimi looks like an amateur compared to him

Kimi is not so much of a crasher but more of a breaker kind of guy. He specializes in making things fail. Give the guy a roll of toilet paper and he'll make a three mile island out of it.

Ah. Heidi is Sh#t. JV is Sh#ttier, and I made a promise i'd have to walk naked through London if JV ever drove in F1 again.

What about PDLR?

Kimi did have a wonderful crash in Hungary was it? when he ran up the a## of another car. He would have won that race too is he hadn't been looking down at his steering wheel at the time. But Button got his first win, so for some a good day.

HandyNZL, I'm perfectly aware why we call McLaren McLaren, and Williams a Williams. But this mutt of a team that used to be Renault is not comparble to them. I only used to make my point. Renault is now 100% owned by everyone else but Renault. So it makes as much sense as calling Sauber, BMW Sauber while using a Ferrari engine.

But the Renault is more akin to the old Benetton Colors campaign of the 80s. We have apparently Renault, Lotus, Lada, Genii and a whole bunch of other small frys. But you see my point right? It doesn't matter to me that the chasis was built when Renault had a stake in the team. Now they are no different than STR, aka Spyker, aka Midland, aka that f**king team that used to be called Jordan. Phew. I always wanted to vent about that. Just about everytime a stupid news hack or journo mentions STR, it's not before first saying that team that used to be Jordan.

All Renault now are an engine supplier. I can live with that. But this "Renault" is really just a Genii. Since no one knows about Genii or even heard of them, they stuck with Renault as the name, I think to make it sound more credible.

Kimi is not so much of a crasher but more of a breaker kind of guy. He specializes in making things fail. Give the guy a roll of toilet paper and he'll make a three mile island out of it.

You're thinking of Christian Kleenex.

so it is declared by petrov : heidfeld, vitantonio or senna

i would rather risk with a some young driver, i have seen what these 3 can do

Kimi did have a wonderful crash in Hungary was it? when he ran up the a## of another car. He would have won that race too is he hadn't been looking down at his steering wheel at the time. But Button got his first win, so for some a good day.

HandyNZL, I'm perfectly aware why we call McLaren McLaren, and Williams a Williams. But this mutt of a team that used to be Renault is not comparble to them. I only used to make my point. Renault is now 100% owned by everyone else but Renault. So it makes as much sense as calling Sauber, BMW Sauber while using a Ferrari engine.

But the Renault is more akin to the old Benetton Colors campaign of the 80s. We have apparently Renault, Lotus, Lada, Genii and a whole bunch of other small frys. But you see my point right? It doesn't matter to me that the chasis was built when Renault had a stake in the team. Now they are no different than STR, aka Spyker, aka Midland, aka that f**king team that used to be called Jordan. Phew. I always wanted to vent about that. Just about everytime a stupid news hack or journo mentions STR, it's not before first saying that team that used to be Jordan.

All Renault now are an engine supplier. I can live with that. But this "Renault" is really just a Genii. Since no one knows about Genii or even heard of them, they stuck with Renault as the name, I think to make it sound more credible.

Yes, it is a lot like Benetton which, why the way, I always considered just a Renault wearing a sweater.

We call it Renault because is the shortest way to identify it. I don't even know what's the official name now, and apparently neither did Kubica so I don't feel that stupid! :D

We are all aware that this is no Renault but for lack of a better option we call it Renault.

We could consider calling it "Poochie"

So. Button got his first win because Kimi crashed. Laughable.

How is it every ****ing thread turns into a Kimi lovefest? I don't give a **** what you say, its how it looks to me.

So. Button got his first win because Kimi crashed. Laughable.

How is it every ****ing thread turns into a Kimi lovefest? I don't give a **** what you say, its how it looks to me.

We're talking about viable options available to Renault, that's all. Inevitable that some will get a bit excited about Kimi's return. Button did slightly 'luck in' on that day. Still a great drive though and thoroughly deserved. Just my take.

Please give a **** about what I say.

Ah. Heidi is Sh#t. JV is Sh#ttier, and I made a promise i'd have to walk naked through London if JV ever drove in F1 again.

What about PDLR?

JV for the seat then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please state if you're joking or not, I'm not sure....