Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Will The Real F150 Please Stand Up?

So poor, sensitive, Ford are upset that the F150 moniker has been used on something that may actually go, steer and stop without falling over. Apparently Ferrari are doing untold damage to Ford's reputation.

Not news. Just bored.

I'm so glad they have highlighted the differences in the two.

Must go, going with my dad to buy a Ferrari 308 turbo diesel hatchback....

F*ck off Ford and your stupid pick up trucks. No-one this side of the Atlantic buys them anyway.

F*ck of you stupid European city folk. Ford pick up trucks provide us rural Americans with a practical tool for our rural necessities and past-times.

That said, it was a dumb a## thing to sue about.

Ferrari's car is now named "F150th Italia"

A mouthful of a name, but at least they changed it.

Ferrari have let common sense prevail on this one. First time for everything.

Indeed. It's Ford's name and Ferrari were smart to just yield.

F*ck off Ford and your stupid pick up trucks. No-one this side of the Atlantic buys them anyway.

:lol: Classic SuperKimi.

You want Team Lotus to give up their name, but when your poor, sweet favorites Ferrari steal a trademark, they should be allowed to just claim it for their own because you don't see the use of a pickup truck. Completely rational and logical. Tough day at school, eh? :P

F*ck of you stupid European city folk. Ford pick up trucks provide us rural Americans with a practical tool for our rural necessities and past-times.

i knew when we sent that f##king Columbus that he will f##k up, and that it will backfire on us sooner or later.:eyebrow:

edited dirty words and some grammar

A mouthful of a name, but at least they changed it.

Indeed. It's Ford's name and Ferrari were smart to just yield.

:lol: Classic SuperKimi.

You want Team Lotus to give up their name, but when your poor, sweet favorites Ferrari steal a trademark, they should be allowed to just claim it for their own because you don't see the use of a pickup truck. Completely rational and logical. Tough day at school, eh? :P

Oh, I'm so sorry, I appear to have insulted your national icon. Appologies.

Err guys, it was a joke. Eric, you've known me for long enough, and much of the things I say on here are in fact in a light hearted manner. I don't feel it is necessary for me to put an ":P" emoticon at the end of everything, but clearly, you say bad things about a sh*tty Ford pickup, you insult the whole of America.

Why don't you take your chainsaw out your arse? Clearly it's not giving you much comfort these days, as seen from your recent posts where you seem to react angrily to even the most light hearted of comments, espacially mine.

Well if past Ford F150 vs Ferrari battles are anything to go by, it's going to be Ford that comes out on top. I guess Ferrari are hoping that it'll be 3rd time lucky...

f150ferrari2.jpg

f150ferrari1.jpg

ferrari-458-italia-gets-run-over-by-ford-f-150-pickup-truck_100339089_m.jpg

this_is_not_how_you_make_a_ferrari_f150.jpg

:lol: Last time Ford and Ferrari had a little disagreement they did this...

Ford-GT40-Le-Mans.jpg

I guess America's best car manufacture has no choice but to build an F1 car of their own to take on Ferrari now. ;)

(By the way, the reason they pressed the issue is that if you don't defend a copyright, you lose it. So, if they didn't defend it in this case, some obscure auto manufacture could have built a road-going vehicle called F150. Glad it worked out for all involved with the only silly thing being Ferrari's new name).

Yep. While on the surface it might all seem a bit silly and p**sy, you do have to protect your trademarks. If you don't, you can lose them.

Ford needn't have bothered. Nobody in America knows about F1, and by extension, about Ferrari F150. There's no way a redneck/hillbilly could have picked up (bad pun!) the wrong 150.

And I hope some practical joker in the F1 paddocks replaces the 'F150' with a 'Gen' sticker.

"It was always called F150th Italia"

Ahhh, yeah right. Like we believe that one. Next thing you'll be saying you never used team orders at Germany 2010.

Ford needn't have bothered. Nobody in America knows about F1, and by extension, about Ferrari F150. There's no way a redneck/hillbilly could have picked up (bad pun!) the wrong 150.

And I hope some practical joker in the F1 paddocks replaces the 'F150' with a 'Gen' sticker.

Well said. I'm just going to buy one of these fancy new Ferrari F150...oh wait, I can't BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT FOR SALE!

:lol: Last time Ford and Ferrari had a little disagreement they did this...

Ford-GT40-Le-Mans.jpg

Yeah, got the Europeans (ie Lola) to build them a racing car.

Yes it has. Ferrari will be racing pickummeup trucks and farmers from the midwest US will be driving red cars from now on.