Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

A New Order In F1?

Well, that's the end of 2011 then isn't it? We might as well start handing out the trophies now according to you two. Phew, that was a fast season, it felt like we never started racing.

The end of 2011? WTF? It will be a 20 GP Championship. They still have a month for tweaking and most of the cars will change a few things before Bahrain. We're talking about what's happening right now, 13th February 2011. Did anybody say it will be a walkthrough for any team? If you are following pre-season testing and you can't see what's going on, you can't conclude anything after watching, reading, following lap times... Why the hell you bother posting in this thread? If everything in testing is so meaningless for you, WHY YOU BOTHER?

If RB7 is the best car in Bahrain as some info suggest, then it will be a tough season for the rest of the teams to catch up like it was in 2010. It could be even worse if they have a more reliable car. Simple.

What good is a new order or closeness if all you'll get are trains.

Half the F1 viewers, according to polls, don't watch the entire race, and overall attendance per race is in decline.

What good is a new order or closeness if all you'll get are trains.

Half the F1 viewers, according to polls, don't watch the entire race, and overall attendance per race is in decline.

Yeah!

Repent sinners, for the end is nigh!

The end of 2011? WTF? It will be a 20 GP Championship. They still have a month for tweaking and most of the cars will change a few things before Bahrain. We're talking about what's happening right now, 13th February 2011. Did anybody say it will be a walkthrough for any team? If you are following pre-season testing and you can't see what's going on, you can't conclude anything after watching, reading, following lap times... Why the hell you bother posting in this thread? If everything in testing is so meaningless for you, WHY YOU BOTHER?

If RB7 is the best car in Bahrain as some info suggest, then it will be a tough season for the rest of the teams to catch up like it was in 2010. It could be even worse if they have a more reliable car. Simple.

correct, we're just stating the obvious, which we derive from testing times

So Rubens hits the 1:19s. Amazing! I did moot that Williams may have something up their sleeve but I wasn't ready for scorcher like that! OK Frank, it can shift! Now let's see if it's consistent. The main protagonists are running rubber and fuel evaluations in the mid 23s/24s with no real sign of any showboating yet today.

correct, we're just stating the obvious, which we derive from testing times

Unfortunately, testing times are the least useful information on test days. There is a glimmer here and there of what might be possible. My idea with this thread was to draw opinion on whether old school design could compete with radical innovation. If RBR continue their dominance of F1 then it's a good day for Ted and a bad one for the fans, in my book. I want to see everyone nose to tail with the drivers sorting it out but that was never what the sport was about and will never happen. What I have seen in the past four days is that there are probably going to be 14 good cars fighting for 10 grid slots and that will do me.

Did anybody say it will be a walkthrough for any team?

You sort of hinted at it only a few posts previously:

Red Bull are sandbagging ing ing ing... Vettel (RB7) and Buemi (STR6) lapping in a few tenths gap? Yesterday the same happened with Webber and Alguersuari? They have got the fastest car, they know it and they are absolutely relaxed. I see no change in 2011, at least for Red Bull. They will have the bestest car again and it might be much more reliable this time.

indiepodcast-gameover2.jpg

GAME OVER?

You sort of hinted at it only a few posts previously:

It's GAME OVER with a question mark. You can't find a picture with the question mark anywhere.

Is the RB7 as good as it was the RB6? Could be? What about reliability? All sorted?

You know my opinion, I know your no opinion? :unsure:

Don't think we can say yet. Too early to draw conclusions, espacially seeing as they haven't topped the times. :P

Don't think we can say yet. Too early to draw conclusions, espacially seeing as they haven't topped the times. :P

Despite Alonso talking them up and Vettel talking them down, it would make life extremely interesting for a lot of fans if the Red Bull bubble had burst. Personally, having seen most of the established teams, [Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Sauber, RBR, STR, Mercedes, Force India] getting a firm grasp on the 2011 regs, I would say the difference between the front runners this year will be in thousands and hundreds rather than seconds. It's gonna be a tight one, for sure. Eh! Stefano?

Despite Alonso talking them up and Vettel talking them down, it would make life extremely interesting for a lot of fans if the Red Bull bubble had burst. Personally, having seen most of the established teams, [Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Sauber, RBR, STR, Mercedes, Force India] getting a firm grasp on the 2011 regs, I would say the difference between the front runners this year will be in thousands and hundreds rather than seconds. It's gonna be a tight one, for sure. Eh! Stefano?

What is worrying abou McLaren is not the mere (apparent) lack of pace, we all know that means little. But the lack of actual testing mileage, some mechanical gremlins and the lack of spare parts (should I mention Jenson's "whinning" as well? Just kidding :P) are more worrysome issues. McLaren's situation sounds like a description of the situation at HRT, Virgin or fake Team Poochie.

Well said. There's some incredibly talented people working in F1 who always deliever interesting innovations. Just look at McLaren with the f-duct last year, compared to Red Bull's blown diffuser. Sure, McLaren didn't enjoy the same one lap pace as RBR, but they still managed to win races. F1 will be just as competitive as ever this year.

What is worrying abou McLaren is not the mere (apparent) lack of pace, we all know that means little. But the lack of actual testing mileage, some mechanical gremlins and the lack of spare parts (should I mention Jenson's "whinning" as well? Just kidding :P) are more worrysome issues. McLaren's situation sounds like a description of the situation at HRT, Virgin or fake Team Poochie.

I could'nt understand how a team like Mclaren could run out of spare parts. I read that article suggesting the car being too radical, surely they would have the resources to compensate for such things. Mclaren are starting to drop balls...

I could'nt understand how a team like Mclaren could run out of spare parts. I read that article suggesting the car being too radical, surely they would have the resources to compensate for such things. Mclaren are starting to drop balls...

If they are sandbaggin' they're cutting a very fine line. If they are short of parts for real, heads need to roll. Personally, I believe the MP4-26 was a last minute rush job which still isn't quite finished, incongruous as that may seem. However, whatever the truth is, considering they are a test short of all their main rivals, performance has not been too shabby. I don't want to hear that JB can't find a balanced set-up because it was windy. That's what he's paid to do so, he should get on with it and shut the f*** up! He's sounding like a broken record even to staunch fans like me and it demeans his talent and reputation enormously. On the other hand, McLaren never seem to report the fact that Lewis or Paffet have set up problems, do they? Perhaps Button's known nuance with skitty cars has become a convenient corporate 'get-out'. My belief is that there is a lot of bits still in manufacture and the car will come good eventually. With the growing possibility that Bahrain may not go ahead, they just might get lucky.

I think the problems at McLaren are being overplayed. In testing, it's not unusual to be a little short of parts, especially if they are fresh out the wind tunnel, the team aren't going to produce more till the test them and see whether they work. As for their lack of speed, yes Jenson may be having trouble with his setup, but I also do believe they are pursuing a different testing program. Even most of the teams have admitted that the chances are that we won't see the true pecking order until the Bahrain test, shortly before the season opener and that's an assessment I fully agree with.

So Rubens hits the 1:19s. Amazing! I did moot that Williams may have something up their sleeve but I wasn't ready for scorcher like that! OK Frank, it can shift! Now let's see if it's consistent. The main protagonists are running rubber and fuel evaluations in the mid 23s/24s with no real sign of any showboating yet today.

Generally your comments made you come out as an "insider" (sort of :rolleyes: ).

But come on, how can you give any credibility to Buriquito's, sorry Barrichello's time. :mf_tongue:

Lightweight by removal of KERS, supersoft tyres and low on fuel is what I would tend to believe of the different comments I read. If you've followed F1 for a few years (personnally first GP in '73!!!) there are countless examples of pre-season "desperatly seeking sponsor" induced lap times -even though "our budget is complete for this year, no problem" claims . By the way, when was the last time any F1 team boss said the truth to the press about anything? Most of these guys should be in politics in the end :( . Very few have kept those lap times through to the beginning of the season, Brawn beeing one of the examples that stunned evryone, 98% of the other instances turned out false (Sauber is quite good at it also ...).

I don't want to hear that JB can't find a balanced set-up because it was windy. That's what he's paid to do so, he should get on with it and shut the f*** up! He's sounding like a broken record even to staunch fans like me and it demeans his talent and reputation enormously. On the other hand, McLaren never seem to report the fact that Lewis or Paffet have set up problems, do they? Perhaps Button's known nuance with skitty cars has become a convenient corporate 'get-out'. My belief is that there is a lot of bits still in manufacture and the car will come good eventually.

I trust Button when he speaks out, at least 1M times more than Hamilton and others, if he sees something as a problem he usually tells the truth, more or less, when asked. I've heard McLaren drivers saying the MP-26 is better than last year's car and things like that but they can't play that same tune forever if the car is still on the sketch board.

Generally your comments made you come out as an "insider" (sort of :rolleyes: ).

But come on, how can you give any credibility to Buriquito's, sorry Barrichello's time. :mf_tongue:

Lightweight by removal of KERS, supersoft tyres and low on fuel is what I would tend to believe of the different comments I read. If you've followed F1 for a few years (personnally first GP in '73!!!) there are countless examples of pre-season "desperatly seeking sponsor" induced lap times -even though "our budget is complete for this year, no problem" claims . By the way, when was the last time any F1 team boss said the truth to the press about anything? Most of these guys should be in politics in the end :( . Very few have kept those lap times through to the beginning of the season, Brawn beeing one of the examples that stunned evryone, 98% of the other instances turned out false (Sauber is quite good at it also ...).

You may not know this, but he used to work for Team Poochie....er....Team Lada...er Team Renault.....er Team what-ever....when they were simply Renault...it was sooooo less confusing. Ah, the old days. Thems was simpler times.

Sir Frank Williams has an uncanny knack of being able to attract sponsorship even when the team is running a pair of dogs. If you've been following F1 as long as you say you have, you will know that. I did work inside F1 for a number of years and I am quite aware of the lengths teams will go to to bring in the dosh. I don't think that's what Williams were doing. If I did, I wouldn't have commented on Rubino's time.

You may not know this, but he used to work for Team Poochie....er....Team Lada...er Team Renault.....er Team what-ever....when they were simply Renault...it was sooooo less confusing. Ah, the old days. Thems was simpler times.

Oh yes! One year we were in F1, the next we weren't.........

I trust Button when he speaks out, at least 1M times more than Hamilton and others, if he sees something as a problem he usually tells the truth, more or less, when asked. I've heard McLaren drivers saying the MP-26 is better than last year's car and things like that but they can't play that same tune forever if the car is still on the sketch board.

Formula 1 cars never really leave the sketching board, they are pretty much living prototypes. Jenson never said it was a bad car, he just said he had a bit of difficulty setting it up. Given that Jenson is known to be extremely particular about his setup that's not surprising, however it doesn't necessarily mean that the car itself is bad. Lewis has actually never been backwards in coming forwards (he criticised the 2009 car, to the team, over the radio on multiple occasions) so I don't think he'd be lying for the sake of it. Are they a title contender? hard to say, but I think the supposed issues at McLaren are being overplayed.

We're all gonna get covered in urine. It's pretty breezy out there.

Good insight from Brundle on Autosport live Barca feed: "Drivers will bitch like crazy but I'm really liking what I'm seeing out on track. They are really having to drive the cars, loads of mistakes. Mercedes has poor traction, McLaren looks shocking as if on cold tyres, Red Bull+Ferrari+Renault Lotus Lada+Williams all pounding round." He didn't mention STR but they look like they're going to be a real contender. McLaren could have a shocker based on current evidence.

Good insight from Brundle on Autosport live Barca feed: "Drivers will bitch like crazy but I'm really liking what I'm seeing out on track. They are really having to drive the cars, loads of mistakes. Mercedes has poor traction, McLaren looks shocking as if on cold tyres, Red Bull+Ferrari+Renault Lotus Lada+Williams all pounding round." He didn't mention STR but they look like they're going to be a real contender. McLaren could have a shocker based on current evidence.

:wtf:

exkiusmi, I said like thre days ago you cannot use Barca for the city. It's Barcelona or Barna, even Barca is wrong for the club as it should be Barça or at least Barsa. :furious:

:ermm:

:eekout:

:wtf:

exkiusmi, I said like thre days ago you cannot use Barca for the city. It's Barcelona or Barna, even Barca is wrong for the club as it should be Barça or at least Barsa. :furious:

:ermm:

:eekout:

Circuit de Catalunya?