Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

A New Order In F1?

Well he's not going to say they were doing glory laps, is he? Saying that, he's currently second in testing today behind Alonso at the time of writing.

Yes, he was. Sauber, [who many here have rubbished me for saying they may come good :)] are in that slot at this time and Nick is in FIFTH?????? Hmmm. I love these 'has-beens'.................

Yes, he was. Sauber, [who many here have rubbished me for saying they may come good :)] are in that slot at this time and Nick is in FIFTH?????? Hmmm. I love these 'has-beens'.................

I think you're referring to the 11 am timings. Last I read, Sauber was 3rd, Nick was 6th.

I think you're referring to the 11 am timings. Last I read, Sauber was 3rd, Nick was 6th.

I was and it's not too shabby at all. This is installation day for NH and his 21.8 is half a second up on Lewis and 8/10ths faster than Vitaly's best after two days in the car. For me, in a car that I've heard is not all it was expected to be, that will do for a start. He's a proven racer of quality - period. If they sign Nick he should get No.1 status until Bob is fit and back in the car. Petrov may be holding the folding but Heidfeld has the keys for survival for Proton-Genii this season. I am glad Peter has put a competitive car together. He has never had the accolades that have been heaped, quite rightly on Williams but he has always been a cornerstone of modern F1.

Why is Mcalren only doing short burst with no long runs? peculiar

RE: Schumi's time, Brad. I did read your post. Allen reports that witnesses saw Schumi holding Webber up in the afternoon but does not confirm in which period of the day he set his fast lap. Schumi dais he set the time on a heavy fuel load.How heavy? Webber may have followed Schumi on a ten-lapper in the PM. We don't know that, do we? You may be right in your supposition but it's hazy. I am not being funny or pedantic either :)

What Hamilton is up to is weird. I may be the exhaust config or KERS problems. That's a lot of install laps.

EDIT: Amendment

Times at lunch on Day Three:

1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 150th Italia 1:20.493 49

2. Michael Schumacher Mercedes W02 1:21.054 39

3. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber C30 1:21.242 37

4. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull RB7 1:21.574 61

5. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso STR6 1:21.790 53

6. Nick Heidfeld Renault R31 1:21.849 26

7. Lewis Hamilton McLaren MP4-26 1:22.057 16

8. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus T128 1:22.793 37

9. Paul di Resta Force India VJM-04 1:22.945 50

10. Rubens Barrichello Williams FW33 1:23.063 27

10. Jerome d'Ambrosio Virgin MVR-02 1:25.471 45

Michael couldn't better his sizzling lap of yesterday but neither could Alonso. But, whatever the program may be, the Ferrari looks dauntingly rapid and the W02 looks like a challenger at last.

Webber may have followed Schumi on a ten-lapper in the PM. We don't know that, do we? You are probably right in your supposition but it's hardly fact. I am not being funny or pedantic either :)

no problem.

Actually the Mercedes are getting better with their laptimes today, more consistent as I watch the tweets....

Michael couldn't better his sizzling lap of yesterday but neither could Alonso. But, whatever the program may be, the Ferrari looks dauntingly rapid and the W02 looks like a challenger at last.

sorry to repeat, I just read this, quite true

Let's wait and see. It's interesting to speculate but obviously we don't know what fuel or tyres they are running.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if Schumi did well this year, but at the moment I'm keeping my excitement in check.

Edit: Heidy goes fastest.

I don't know about fuel loads, but this is scary..."Meanwhile, Vettel is 14 laps into a run with the Red Bull and his pace is in the mid 1m23s."

What are you watching boys?

Yeah, I'm keeping on top of what the teams are saying on twitter too, although the AUTOSPORT commentary occasionally posts what they are saying anyway.

I have to agree. I think a lot of this year's cars are very nice looking now they've got rid of those awful long engine covers.

Red Bull are sandbagging ing ing ing... Vettel (RB7) and Buemi (STR6) lapping in a few tenths gap? Yesterday the same happened with Webber and Alguersuari? They have got the fastest car, they know it and they are absolutely relaxed. I see no change in 2011, at least for Red Bull. They will have the bestest car again and it might be much more reliable this time.

indiepodcast-gameover2.jpg

GAME OVER?

I see you've been infected by the Red Bull domination disease too? I don't see any evidence to say they'll run away with it, as ever, we don't know what any of them are doing and from where I've been sitting, the Ferrari looks to match Red Bull's pace over a stint.

Oh, and the Toro Rosso car is completely unrelated to the RBR car too. It's the first Toro Rosso that has been 100% designed by Toro Rosso, last year's car was simply an evolution of RB5.

Of course we don't know but I tell you they have the best car ATM followed by Ferrari. Things can change in a blink as all of them will work full time to have the best car in Bahrain but I expect they have something up thier sleeves in RB too.

Fast/medium speed corners are still RB's playground.

Red Bull are sandbagging ing ing ing... Vettel (RB7) and Buemi (STR6) lapping in a few tenths gap? Yesterday the same happened with Webber and Alguersuari? They have got the fastest car, they know it and they are absolutely relaxed. I see no change in 2011, at least for Red Bull. They will have the bestest car again and it might be much more reliable this time.

indiepodcast-gameover2.jpg

GAME OVER?

They are making it too obvious are'nt they...

Well, that's the end of 2011 then isn't it? We might as well start handing out the trophies now according to you two. Phew, that was a fast season, it felt like we never started racing.