Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

Alonso Discusses Rivals

Saw an interesting article: http://f1.madeinmoto...cism-19204.html

Alonso basically says in a nice sort of way, that Vettel is quick and clean from the front; Jenson is good in odd conditions; Massa tries hard; Schumi is probably past it but might surprise; Webber is decent but nothing special; and Hamilton is the strongest of his rivals.

Sounds about right, actually :P

Saw an interesting article: http://f1.madeinmoto...cism-19204.html

Alonso basically says in a nice sort of way, that Vettel is quick and clean from the front; Jenson is good in odd conditions; Massa tries hard; Schumi is probably past it but might surprise; Webber is decent but nothing special; and Hamilton is the strongest of his rivals.

Sounds about right, actually :P

I went to check on the original article and yes, that's basically what he says :lol: The article itself is much more interesting than that, actually. Those definitions are just a small addendum that says "Alonso, about his rivals" or something like that and then some one liners on each one.

I found even more interesting another interview (I never check the Spanish news, I have even less faith in them than I have in the Brit F1 press, and that's saying a lot :P I didn't know but there seems to be an interview with Nando every friggin' day!) In this interview he was asked about Kubica and he said "First, let me say that Robert is a great pilot, the best of the present grid and without a doubt a future World Champion". I don't think Alonso is around there saying that every driver is "the best of the present grid" so quite a definition.

On another note, he gave some encouraging words to Alguersuari, but he didn't sound too impressed. Asked who he seems as his Spanish successor in F1 he didn't mention Jaime but pointed at Carlos Sainz Jr. "as the only Spanish driver I see right now capable of winning in F1".

I think I will follow the Spanish news sites more. Their objectivity might suck, but its nice to find the interviews.

The best of this article is this:

Arguably the highest praise, however, is reserved for Alonso's former arch nemesis Lewis Hamilton."He is a great driver and maybe the fastest at the moment in formula one," he said.

Caesar, do you ever have anything positive to say about ANY driver?

He seems to change his mind about who is his strongest rival all the time. At Wrooom, he said that Schumacher would most likely be his strongest rival this year.

I went to check on the original article and yes, that's basically what he says :lol: The article itself is much more interesting than that, actually. Those definitions are just a small addendum that says "Alonso, about his rivals" or something like that and then some one liners on each one.

I found even more interesting another interview (I never check the Spanish news, I have even less faith in them than I have in the Brit F1 press, and that's saying a lot :P I didn't know but there seems to be an interview with Nando every friggin' day!) In this interview he was asked about Kubica and he said "First, let me say that Robert is a great pilot, the best of the present grid and without a doubt a future World Champion". I don't think Alonso is around there saying that every driver is "the best of the present grid" so quite a definition.

On another note, he gave some encouraging words to Alguersuari, but he didn't sound too impressed. Asked who he seems as his Spanish successor in F1 he didn't mention Jaime but pointed at Carlos Sainz Jr. "as the only Spanish driver I see right now capable of winning in F1".

I think I will follow the Spanish news sites more. Their objectivity might suck, but its nice to find the interviews.

Ah, good! Always better to be able to read the original. I just found it interesting that his opinions of the drivers basically match mine and a lot of what I see written on here too (even if we are just talking in the most simplistic descriptions of them). I was wondering about Kubica as he was the obvious guy missing from the interview I saw, but yeah, I've heard Alonso say in the past that he's the best driver out there and the rival he would fear the most once in a decent car. Good stuff.

Has Alonso said anything that we don't all pretty much agree with anyway? I wonder if his assesment would be the same if he had just met all the drivers and driven around with them in go karts for fifty laps.

Seems more like an assesment of respective car performance.

More insightful would be who he thinks would be best, car corrected.

He seems to change his mind about who is his strongest rival all the time. At Wrooom, he said that Schumacher would most likely be his strongest rival this year.

it was a joke. i am alonso fan but, if i can make a jokes about other drivers why shouldn't i make one about him.

drivers are only humans, and i don't trust humans.even animals are more sincere.

i watch them during their driving , the rest of their lifes is not interesting to me.

it is to much to expect from someone to be ideal person if we ourselves are not.

this i learned from dr.Phil at Oprah show.

it was a joke. i am alonso fan but, if i can make a jokes about other drivers why shouldn't i make one about him.

drivers are only humans, and i don't trust humans.even animals are more sincere.

[/b]show.

How dare you do that!!!! Did'nt you know there's an unwritten rule that requires us to clearly state that we're joking, especially when it comes to Alonso????????

How dare you do that!!!! Did'nt you know there's an unwritten rule that requires us to clearly state that we're joking, especially when it comes to Alonso????????

i am sorry, from the bottom of my heart.

So you still fail to distinguish between attacking a driver and attacking the fans and, ergo, the posters?

If you made a joke we already understood and I apologize for the misunderstanding. Will you make the effort to try to differentiate between the jokes about Alonso and the jokes about Alonso fans?

In case you haven't noticed, I keep making jokes about Alonso, his cheating, team orders and the crash gate, btw.

I might have misunderstood because I've missed the back story here... but imho we can make fun of fans as well as drivers. Do you object to jokes about Lewisterics or Westlife groupies? (No, I'm not saying they're one and the same... :P ) I notice in this thread you yourself attacked the Spanish press, saying it was even worse than the British press.

I might have misunderstood because I've missed the back story here... but imho we can make fun of fans as well as drivers. Do you object to jokes about Lewisterics or Westlife groupies? (No, I'm not saying they're one and the same... :P ) I notice in this thread you yourself attacked the Spanish press, saying it was even worse than the British press.

ooohhhh Andres, now you're in a pickle......

Let's update Max Mosley, he should know hehe

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/topic/10953-today-in-f1/page__st__1500

starting from my post #1510

I do not even object jokes about Alonsosterics. I do object when they are not jokes but plain attacks. Brad's comment (and I feel sad it had to be him becuase, despite this whole misunderstanding I still respect him as a gentleman and a smart guy) was one more amidts a continuous chain of attacks against Alonso fans that were uncalled for.

How many times did you read me saying: "Kimisterics are irrational people...always the same with them" as a crude generalisastion without something to give a hint that I am obviously joking or without making an equally derisive comment against fans of Nando? Again, in this forum most people thinks of Alex and me when you mention Alonso fans (apparently there might be a couple more but those are not the most obvious). So if somebody says "Alonso fans are a bunch of idiots" and it's not made in a humorous context how shoudl I feel?

My comment about the Spanish press is totally irrelevant in itself. Of course, Spaniards might feel their feelings hurts because they might feel I am attacking Spain. But how many times have you seen Alex complain about that? Not to mention Tanita. Last year Vettel won the championship. It was the most amazing championship in recent story. Go back and read Alex comments and my comments. Then re read all the threads from that moment (don't worry, they aren't that many) and read the comments made there and the resentment they showedd against Alonso and his fans. Read how many Alex or I did attacking anybody else.

I always accept my bias and I try to fight it as best as possible. Why can't other people do that? Why should I be always the one to behave like a gentleman while others are free to spit whatever insult they want or make me angry "just for fun"?

How many attacks have you seen started by Alonso fans towards fans of other drivers or even the drivers themselves, actually? When I make derisive comments they are always against the drivers. And they are either make humorously or backed with lengthy posts. And never, never intentionally attacked the posters without a reason.

Sorry for the babbling but you asked for a context.

As for Brad, I don't want to argue with you anymore, mate, but I do expect for you to distinguish between saying Alonso is an idiot (as I say Kimi is a car breaker or a drunkard or an idiot if you want to) and saying the same about the supporters.

Bloody Alonso and Kimi fans ruining my carefully constructed thread. The idiots!! :P

Brad is just a big bloody wind up merchant :lol: I do think Alonso's boys have a harder time than the rest in this forum though, for a few years now.

Bloody Alonso and Kimi fans ruining my carefully constructed thread. The idiots!! :P

Brad is just a big bloody wind up merchant :lol: I do think Alonso's boys have a harder time than the rest in this forum though, for a few years now.

Thank you! :D I'm tired of the continuous misunderstandings and I feel like my explanations are worse than the original causes itself!

I needed a post like that to move on and lighten up thigs again.

P.S.: You are a babbling idiot with no grasp whatsoever on reality. (Not you, George)

Edit: just read Brad's posts written while I was writing my huge text block nack then. Sadly, you still can't see the difference. It's back to square one.

Thank you! :D I'm tired of the continuous misunderstandings and I feel like my explanations are worse than the original causes itself!

I needed a post like that to move on and lighten up thigs again.

P.S.: You are a babbling idiot with no grasp whatsoever on reality. (Not you, George)

Edit: just read Brad's posts written while I was writing my huge text block nack then. Sadly, you still can't see the difference. It's back to square one.

:lol:

I think what we all need is some races to watch!

And an Alonso fan version of Brad to try and p**s him off :P

:lol: yeah I am.

I think the best way to describe me is that when people get serious I want to laugh. I could'nt believe Andres would take me that seriously, but I realise maybe I overdid the Alonso bashing just a touch too much, starting from the time Alonso lost at AbuDhabi. As Andres mentioned, before my post there was a sequence of Alonso "attacks" that build up to a pitch and unfortunately I got the brunt.

As for Andres..."I needed a post like that to move on and lighten up thigs again." Very true, let's move on.... :D

Don't rise to the bait................

I too rate Carlos Sainz Jr. If things go his way, and sponsors get behind him, we could expect to see him in F1 inside of three years. His old man has already admitted that Jr prefers tarmac circles to dust cropping gravel roads.

One to look out for.

Oh, look what I wrote before I even knew about the interview.

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/topic/11746-who-is-the-best/page__view__findpost__p__330718

I'm nearly proud of it. :D

I do not even object jokes about Alonsosterics. I do object when they are not jokes but plain attacks. Brad's comment (and I feel sad it had to be him becuase, despite this whole misunderstanding I still respect him as a gentleman and a smart guy) was one more amidts a continuous chain of attacks against Alonso fans that were uncalled for.

How many times did you read me saying: "Kimisterics are irrational people...always the same with them" as a crude generalisastion without something to give a hint that I am obviously joking or without making an equally derisive comment against fans of Nando? Again, in this forum most people thinks of Alex and me when you mention Alonso fans (apparently there might be a couple more but those are not the most obvious). So if somebody says "Alonso fans are a bunch of idiots" and it's not made in a humorous context how shoudl I feel?

My comment about the Spanish press is totally irrelevant in itself. Of course, Spaniards might feel their feelings hurts because they might feel I am attacking Spain. But how many times have you seen Alex complain about that? Not to mention Tanita. Last year Vettel won the championship. It was the most amazing championship in recent story. Go back and read Alex comments and my comments. Then re read all the threads from that moment (don't worry, they aren't that many) and read the comments made there and the resentment they showedd against Alonso and his fans. Read how many Alex or I did attacking anybody else.

I always accept my bias and I try to fight it as best as possible. Why can't other people do that? Why should I be always the one to behave like a gentleman while others are free to spit whatever insult they want or make me angry "just for fun"?

How many attacks have you seen started by Alonso fans towards fans of other drivers or even the drivers themselves, actually? When I make derisive comments they are always against the drivers. And they are either make humorously or backed with lengthy posts. And never, never intentionally attacked the posters without a reason.

Sorry for the babbling but you asked for a context.

As for Brad, I don't want to argue with you anymore, mate, but I do expect for you to distinguish between saying Alonso is an idiot (as I say Kimi is a car breaker or a drunkard or an idiot if you want to) and saying the same about the supporters.

As we say in Spain, we are los últimos de Filipinas. It's similar to they died with their boots on but they survived and never surrendered. We will survie too. :)

About Spanish press, although you hurt my feelings (only because you said it's worse than the British), I agree with you. Marca used to be a good place to visit while you had breakfast but now most piece of news are aimed at your lowest instincts and a bad digestion is guarranted. As.com is a bit more objective these days but still far from perfect... The good (and bad) thing about British and English written press is that you can find the best and the worst.

Interesting to hear your views on the Spanish press, Mr Alex. I used to make those comparisons too, mainly because back then they seemed controversial around here! Mind you, our press ought to be good because the finest haute cuisine my nation can produce comes wrapped in it. :D

I love fish&chips, much better if you use an extra virgin Spanish olive oil.

Then you can wrap it with a Spanish paper, I suppose. :lol:

I love fish&chips, much better if you use an extra virgin Spanish olive oil.

Then you can wrap it with a Spanish paper, I suppose. :lol:

I'm all for virgins with a few fish & chips, but does she have to be Spanish girl called Olive and covered in oil? Wouldn't Tracy from Dagenham with a nob of Lurpak suffice?