Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Bahrain Gp At Risk?

Did they stop the Colonial Grand Prix in the 1770s? I don't think so! Men were men and cars were at the pinnacle of innovation then! How I waited gloriously for months to read about it in the newspaper, when they sure knew how to cover a race! Live and in its entirety? Having to see all the boring bits rather than just imagine them? Nonsense! Never would they have let this happen in the glory days of Grand Prix! Drivers today are pansies and the cars need road-relevant innovations like movable wings and more efficient drinks systems!

Yeah, but then there came those stupid guys at Lexington and Concord ruining it all when we wanted to enjoy our peaceful Massachussets GP. I mean, it's not as if those protests changed anything after all did they? Geez, those filthy minutemen were so rude! And they stole my beautiful comb, couldn't comb my hair properly since then.

?? Yes we already knew. The Great Prophet told us so 3 days ago :bow: :bow: :bow:

What would we do without you? :lol:

Yeah, but then there came those stupid guys at Lexington and Concord ruining it all when we wanted to enjoy our peaceful Massachussets GP. I mean, it's not as if those protests changed anything after all did they? Geez, those filthy minutemen were so rude! And they stole my beautiful comb, couldn't comb my hair properly since then.

Remove the shower cap. Might explain a lot.

Remove the shower cap. Might explain a lot.

I prefer to call it "condom" but that's not what I was referring to.

?? Yes we already knew. The Great Prophet told us so 3 days ago :bow: :bow: :bow:

i am so sorry because i doubted Your words!

ohh Great One, allow me to join Your three imaginary worshipers.

let us four spread Your word!

:prayhands:

Disappointing, but on reflection the correct and common sense decision has been made. Hopefully the GP can be held at a later date, rather than cancelled but I can't see it.

I say we need more one year wonders, and venues that alternate on a bi yearly basis. Why can't we have a one off Rome GP, or a one off NY GP. It would be more exciting I feel.

Could also let countries have a go at putting on a GP without having to sign a deal with the devil for 15 years or something.

Bahrain won't be missed at all. I just hope they make up the race somehow so we get our 20.

Insightful. Where are you, in relation to the trouble? Is there a feeling of fear throughtout the whole country or is it pockets of trouble creating the perception that the violence is on a larger scale than being reported?

Well I am about a 10 min drive from the actual protesting, and lets be honest it is confined mainly to that one area that has been shown incorrectly called Pearl Square. It is actually a round -about. So the correct name is Pearl Roundabout. And then the Salmaniya medical complex which is very near to there. That's pretty much where the action is. We have had HUGE rallies for the pro government near to us about 300000 + people.

Most people are not even aware of the troubles in that particular area and like myself have continued with normal daily movements simply avoiding that particular area. My sister has to drive past that area in the mornings and has actually said it is very quite not that many people down there.....

So yes the media has reported it to make it seem like there are more areas affected but that's untrue

Bahrain won't be missed at all. I just hope they make up the race somehow so we get our 20.

Do you have furniture in your bubble, or is it empty so you can run about like a hamster?

Sorry, what. Was that a question, or a dribble.

To borrow that fabulous line from Pulp Fiction, it's English m.fckr, do you speak it. Bahrain won't be missed, even an idiot can understand that.

To borrow that fabulous line from Pulp Fiction, it's English m.fckr, do you speak it. Bahrain won't be missed, even an idiot can understand that.

Okay, just so we're clear then; you believe that the discussion point is one of judging the quality of the event as opposed to the issue of civil unrest, the implications on safety for all parties and the lives that have been lost?

I will miss it ... I at least got a chance to watch F1... as boring as it may seem to most the drivers and teams do like the track.....

Bahrain won't be missed, even an idiot can understand that.

This is f*cking stupid, isn't it? How many other tracks wouldn't be missed? A list of 8-10 or more?

In any case, wrong thread.

This is f*cking stupid, isn't it? How many other tracks wouldn't be missed? A list of 8-10 or more?

In any case, wrong thread.

I have to admit Bahrain is abit of a borefest.....

We have had HUGE rallies for the pro government near to us about 300000 + people.

A country of about half a million citizens and 60% of them are having a pro government rally in your backyard? Oh yes I will totally trust you over the BBC.

Bahrain is a terrible track. You only had passing during the tire war.

Must have imagined the overtaking by Kamui then.....bloody mind playing tricks on me :angry:

A country of about half a million citizens and 60% of them are having a pro government rally in your backyard? Oh yes I will totally trust you over the BBC.

Hmmmmm.... once again IGNORANT and MISINFORMED......

Bahrain's population stands at more than 1.2 million....... So YES over 300000 protesters is correct I never said anything about them being all local........

Maybe Bahrain is a borefest but we have a few more borefest tracks in the calendar, no?

You don't know what you have until it's gone.

I think this is good news for F1.

The loss of any GP is a bother to all involved, irrespective of the nuances of the venue but the loss of life in the kingdom is far worse. I'm extremely disappointed the neither FOM nor the FIA took an earlier lead on this. It should not have been left in the hands of the Crown Prince. He has his own agenda. Nice to hear Bernie is swallowing the £24m+ bill on it anyway. Who knows? Abu Dhabi may be at risk too? Nice to see a Polish GP at some point, [they were talking about Gdansk as a possible venue as far back as 2007] or perhaps a return of the French GP at Paul Ricard. I think Bernie still owns it doesn't he? Ah, the Mistral straightwub.gif