Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

NEW AERO, NEW AERO, NEW AERO

this is off F1racing.net

BMW-Williams' FW26 is to get a new aero package at the French GP (July 4). "[Then] we should start to deliver," said team principal Sir Frank Williams.

It'll be the first upgrade for the revolutionary-looking car overseen by new technical director Sam Michael, who has taken over the reigns from Patrick Head.

Juan Pablo Montoya hopes the new package is worth half-a-second per lap. "If it is," said the Colombian, "then maybe we can close up on Ferrari. But maybe it's only two-tenths so you never know."

this should make for good racing lets hope it works.

wow, jpm the ever-optimistic driver. .5 sec is a hell of a big improvement from 1 upgrade these days isn't it?

they usually get half a tenth or a tenth i thought....

unless this is a really major upgrade i think JPM is gonna be very dissapointed.

the aero on the FW26 is s##t . i mean take off the frount wing and its a brick just look at some shots the are infrount of the car and up a bit is bot very good.

I've read that the whole front end will get redone and the walrus nose will be shipped back to sea :lol: If JPM thinks .5 is the gain, then I think they must be doing a major nose job on that car as small alterations, as previously pointed out, very very rarely amount to such a gain.

Me want pictures! Me want pictures... (When will Ferrari release their radical nose they promised at Melbourne?)

yes they will definitely be needing new aero parts...for the brake ducts anyway.

I've read that the whole front end will get redone and the walrus nose will be shipped back to sea   :lol: If JPM thinks .5 is the gain, then I think they must be doing a major nose job on that car as small alterations, as previously pointed out, very very rarely amount to such a gain.

i heard that for the FW27 that it was going back to the good old single keel and the normal nose. but if Wiliams make it work for the back half of the seasion then thay should keep the tein Keel and strange nose. but hay at least the FW26 looks better than the FW25 from the frount.