Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Bernie Wants To Take A Tinkle On Tracks

Senility has caught up with him then. Although I do agree with him about the rear wings, an idea which is completely pointless in my opinion - the racing is just fine as it is.

Artificial wet tracks? I wonder if he was just winding up the american journo

Always difficult to know how serious his comments are when you see them in print. I think I read on James Allen he made the comments regarding artificially wetting tracks in a joking way...

Well he now has said it in a BBC interview too. Still, not as utterly stupid as the medals idea. Thank goodness he doesn't have a say in the rules

I say bring it on. What's the biggest factor determining an exciting race? Yep, wet stuff from the sky. All this boost/flap nonsense costs money and makes the steering wheels look like an orgy in a smartie factory. Blobby tyres stop drivers caning the arses off the cars. Think about all the best races; they had precipitation deluged tarmac. Sprinklers cost diddly, in comparison. Have a random sprinkle fest at a grand prix and it'll be like not knowing whether your pee will end up in the bog or on the floor when you get home after a good session.

It's you lot that are bonkers, not the stunted octagenarian.

Let it rain, rain, rain *cue slow-hand solo*.

Wasn't the reasoning for introducing grooved tyres more or less the same. Create less grip to make it more likely for people to make mistakes.

We have touched on using sprinklers for artificial rain before on this forum. I liked it then and still like it now.

Hmmmmmm

At a time when F1 is trying to show green credentials (I know it can't be green, but it's trying to be preceived as such) surely wasting(??) water to make a race more entertaining is a bit of a retrograde step :eusa_think:

Unless, of course, the plan is to harvest water during the course of the year to be used for the race. However, even that wouldn't be a great idea as the water could be put to better use, I'm sure.

Edit - not that I think Bernie is any way serious about this idea :lol:

Upon hearing the news about the new rules for 2012, Adrian Newey set to work on designing his new challenger in earnest:

3838586194_8d7e99e395.jpg

Whenever Bernie makes a statement about messing about with the rules on racing everyone becomes a bit suspicous about his motives. I don't think he was serious about it but it does get him a great deal of media play. It was mentioned on the radio sports bulletins as well as all the articles that have been written since his interview was released. Wonder if its got anything to do with the biography that was released recently about him that I understand he is non too happy with.

He is a bit like a magician. You concentrate so hard watching his right hand that you don't notice his left hand is relieving you of your watch.

He is a bit like a magician. You concentrate so hard watching his right hand that you don't notice his left hand is relieving you of your watch.

Too true. He's a wiley old bugger.

Wasn't the reasoning for introducing grooved tyres more or less the same. Create less grip to make it more likely for people to make mistakes.

No definitely not! That was all about safety - to reduce the chance of dying, not increase it. Grooves were brought in to slow the cars down through the corners.

It's been suggested by a columnist in the Daily Telegraph newspaper today that F1 should try using snakes, pot-holes & a fleet of Morris Minors (see their website, im not making it up). Think he might be taking the p*ss by the way.

My opinion is that it is a ridiculous idea. Rain does spice up the action but it has to be unpredictable so that nature will always be 1 element of motor racing that cannot be controlled. If the rain was artificial it would be far less entertaining, trust me!

My opinion is that it is a ridiculous idea. Rain does spice up the action but it has to be unpredictable so that nature will always be 1 element of motor racing that cannot be controlled. If the rain was artificial it would be far less entertaining, trust me!

I trust you.

No definitely not! That was all about safety - to reduce the chance of dying, not increase it. Grooves were brought in to slow the cars down through the corners.

It's been suggested by a columnist in the Daily Telegraph newspaper today that F1 should try using snakes, pot-holes & a fleet of Morris Minors (see their website, im not making it up). Think he might be taking the p*ss by the way.

Ah, that was part of Bernie's idea too. Have different patterns so the teamswouldn't know when it was going to rain.....well, with no more than 2 mins warning or something. Of course, this would then be the focus of the teams' cheating and they would find out how to hack into the program :lol:

Ah, that was part of Bernie's idea too. Have different patterns so the teamswouldn't know when it was going to rain.....well, with no more than 2 mins warning or something. Of course, this would then be the focus of the teams' cheating and they would find out how to hack into the program :lol:

Yeah, I can't imagine it would be that difficult to write a program to simulate random weather patterns. That way the teams would still be reading the radar like they normally do, except instead of mother nature doing the work its a computer.

Oh come on.

Simulated weather changes. Right. What next? Simulated pitstops? Simulated F1 drivers? Simulated fans with their simulated merchandise? Simulated ticket prices perhaps?

F*cking ridiculously dumb and simulatingly stupid. Moronic.

Apart from rain and Sh#tty tarmac surface Canada style, there's little to nothing that helps produce an exciting race in F1.

Cars and driver that are too close is bad enough, before we even get into the Sh#tty aero, crap tracks and Co.

Apart from rain and Sh#tty tarmac surface Canada style, there's little to nothing that helps produce an exciting race in F1.

Cars and driver that are too close is bad enough, before we even get into the Sh#tty aero, crap tracks and Co.

And then you'll drift back off to dream of the 60s :lol:

The sixties were useless too. No sooner than someone managed an overtake, and they crashed and died.

Yes that is harsh and tongue and cheek, but as they say, you can look back, but never linger. We got what we got, and what we got ain't that bad.