Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Australian Gp Official Thread

Schu behind Rosberg in Q1.....and Schuey is chopping at the wheel too...I don't think he is a happy camper this weekend TBH

That nose on the Macca is very flat...VERY flat....certainly more striking on the car than the sidepods.

Vettel just broke the lap record....pity it's not officially recorded in qually, and only in the race

Watching this I get the feeling that the Macca's are faster then the Ferrari's.....Ham only 3/10ths back on Alonso with a massive lock up during his hot lap....and I think ultimately he is faster than Button whom is 3/10ths up on Fred

And Ham set it on hards...Fred was on softs...Ham gone out on softs for the first time now

1st shots fired and Vettel is nearly a second faster than anyone else.....Vettel for back to back championships anyone?

If Brundle is calling Massa's afternoon "dismal" and being 0.6 behind his teammate, then what does he call Webbers performance being 0.8 behind his teammate?

So we have Vet, Ham, Web, But, Alo, Pet top five.

I'll let Steph do the gloating....we Macca fans held strong....:P

I'm thinking that if Kobayashi had a better PR department, he'd be spoken of as a Hamilton-esque driver, and WDC in the waiting. Great qually from him putting the Sauber so far up.

Red Bull is singing

Ferrari is sinking

McLaren smiling and relieved

The rest are just the rest

I want to see Kobayashi race. And finish the race. Now that Kubi isn't around I need a new guy to stalk. Also the front of the grid looks like a good fight :D

I'm thinking that if Kobayashi had a better PR department, he'd be spoken of as a Hamilton-esque driver, and WDC in the waiting. Great qually from him putting the Sauber so far up.

Yup

I want to see Kobayashi race. And finish the race. Now that Kubi isn't around I need a new guy to stalk. Also the front of the grid looks like a good fight :D

Yup

good qually!

race looks like fun apart from Vettel driving off into the sunset from the start - let's hope that doesn't happen.

After watching the qualifying session. Will someone please have words HRT and tell them to GIVE UP NOW! As the sport would like to be green, clean and cost effective, and their car does not meet any of these.

We should be thankful that they only decided to run a few laps, to demonstrate how effective they would be as a mobile chicane, with no more testing how on earth are they going to improve?? It takes a lot of money to evolve something the other teams have been doing since the first test, they can not have that much cash otherwise they would have had a car for testing. Keep it in your pocket boys, give up now!!

Good job Petrov! I guess that friendly chat with uncle Putin about poisoning and industrial accidents worked! WTF Heidfeld???

After watching the qualifying session. Will someone please have words HRT and tell them to GIVE UP NOW! As the sport would like to be green, clean and cost effective, and their car does not meet any of these.

We should be thankful that they only decided to run a few laps, to demonstrate how effective they would be as a mobile chicane, with no more testing how on earth are they going to improve?? It takes a lot of money to evolve something the other teams have been doing since the first test, they can not have that much cash otherwise they would have had a car for testing. Keep it in your pocket boys, give up now!!

The same shoulb be applied to Lotus and Virgin! The only difference is that Virgin and HRT didn´t praise about the huge speed gain over las year. Pathetic Fernandes!

1) RBRs keep cushing times even when they drove like crap. I insist, these cars are the new Williams Renaut of the 90s. Even the Damon Hills and Jacques Villeneuves could win in these. A not too fired up Webber and an error prone Vettel (although he is blindingly fast) can do wonders behind the wheel. Just be glad they don't have better drivers.

2) Merc: the car is good. The drivers not so much. Rosberg keeps pushing moe than he should. Schumi seems lost at sea again.

3) Macca: great job. The irony is that they had to take a step backwards in developement to find a good car. On the long runs, though, it is worrying to see Lewis still merrily burning rubber. You can be fast and furious, but you can't win with a 7-pitstop strategy. I still bet on Lewis over Button, but Macca needs Lewis to have a chance against the RBRs.

4) Ferrari: those cars can't get their tires warm even in hell. That is (as usual) certain for Massa, the human spinning wheel, but also for a powerless Alonso. Like he said "Position is OK, the gap isn't". Well guys, you chose to rely on just one driver and a conservative approach. If a colder day is enough to ruin your day, then you need to think things over and pronto. The Poochies, STRs and Saubers aren't that far behind...(or ahead, if you are Massa)

5) Team Poochie: If Petrov's performance is the standard on which we can measure Team Poochie's performances, then they might have just missed a chance to a WDC for not having Kubica. Heidfeld...ermm...is a nice guy. Kinda.

5) Sauber: Impressive pace. Koba is still lightning fast which is good. Perez was not too far away. A promising prospect. Of course...llike for all the teams, race day is going to be a totaly different story. But good start nonetheless.

6) Williams: Rubinho, really? Getting caught on cold tires like that? What are you, a rookie? Sorry for you old chap. Maldonado was not too shabby, a good start if not spectacular.

7) Toro Rosso seems stronger than its drivers, still a great qualy from Buemi. Alguersari seems to be in the same spot as last year.

8) Force India, another good midfield car in my opinion, with not so good drivers. Wel, Di Resta is a rookie and that's ok. Sutil is good...until he decides to re enact Julie Andrews at "The Sound of Music" aboard his car.

9) Crappy lower teams: they are still crappy lower teams. Pitty for the drivers.

10) HRT: is not a crappy team. They try to beo noe, but they didn't fulfill the 107% rule to be a crappy team.

Red bull is the one to beat as last year, but the new moveable wing and tyres add a question mark about race strategy and tyre degradation. Nevertheles the most important thing the first qualy of the year left is: ROSBERG 1 vs. RALPH SCHUMACHER 0... err sorry vs MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 0.:lol:

I'm happy with that. Unfortunately Vettel has a great starting advantage. With Webber directly behind him means they can probably lock out the McL boys, unless Lewis gets away better, creating space for Button to dive down the inside.

I'm thinking Alonso may just want to join the party though. Hope he unwittingly helps out his former team!

I dunno. Maybe Kimi will be a VIP guest and do a Sh#t on the track, Vettel hits it, spins out, while puncturing one of Alonso's tyres who then holds up Webber for half a lap getting back to the pits, Button and Hamilton make a clean getaway, but Lewis is completely blown away by Jenson's blisteringly quick speed that he fails to come within 15 seconds of him. McLaren finish on a 1-2 with Button the winner, Webber makes a brilliant comeback and finishes 3rd. Alonso 4th and Juan Pablo Montoya says he's making his F1 return, sponsored by Wendy's, Burger King, McDonald's and Taco Bell. Nigel Mansell and all the other oldies announce the return of GP Masters but the pussy Prost still wont join.

I'm hoping against hope that Schumi goes for broke and ends up on the podium ahead of Rosberg. Forget the podium, I'll settle for him finishing ahead of Rosberg.

5) Team Poochie: If Petrov's performance is the standard on which we can measure Team Poochie's performances, then they might have just missed a chance to a WDC for not having Kubica. Heidfeld...ermm...is a nice guy. Kinda.

Bitching great idea to go rallying, huh? Kubica might not come back as good as he was, and Team Poochie might be at their peak. Kubica might not have crashed in his rally excursion, but he did. So it's just as good a chance of the other two coming true too. Kubica ****ed up. Team Poochie ****ed up. Sorry Robert, but you've blown it for yourself.