Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amjay

F1 and Euro 2004

F1 is clashing with euro 2004..... i missed qualifying coz i wanted to see portugal vs greece.... FIA should have taken into consideration the european chanpionships when scheduling the f1 races..... i mean like if it was a race in europe this time around then the race and the football game wouldn't be clashing... i'm football crazy and F1 crazy... i have to see both... tomoro its england vs france and the race day... its not fair tht both are clashing... FIA should have planned it such tht the races at this time is in europe so it doesnt crash...next week its the american gp and tht will clash as well i'm sure.... its so unfair...

all i can say is that i dont care for Soccer.

seriously wats wrong with u... soccer is apparently the greatest show on the planet !!!!!!!!

you are so lucky you get to watch both! I'm rooting for england but I reckon France will win..

I think you should just give up f1 and watch euro 2004.The most "unpredictable" thing will be micheal winning the race starting 6th on grid.

I'm watching f1 since they aren't showing soccer here but i reckon i'll fall asleep halfway through (and you probably know why)

maybe Euro should of planned it to not clash.

pfft England... GO arsenal!! i mean france :roll:

Engliand are soooooo s##t thay losed scoccer union and we beat them in cricket all the time hahahahahahah.

ar well i finally watched F1..... thankfully the important game (england vs france) didnt clash with F1 and raikkonen_rulez guess wat u were right... the most unpredictable thing to happen happened and no one is surprised :P

Football (soccer as it is known down here) is truly the world and beautiful game. My tip is France to win but Im a big Holland fan so I'm hoping they can get out of the tough group they're in. Poor old England, that has to be one of the biggest chokes ive seen, as for Portugal in the opening game, don't bother!! :wink: Looks like being a very very interesting tournament.

seriously wats wrong with u... soccer is apparently the greatest show on the planet !!!!!!!!

BS! The IRL race in Texas at night is the greatest show on the planet.

im thinking Word Cup final as in Cricket as in 1999 or 2003. and maby an F1 race here and there.

im thinking Word Cup final as in Cricket as in 1999 or 2003. and maby an F1 race here and there.

nah WORLD CUP of soccer is the greatest and maby an F1 race ere n there where MS dun win :P:P:P

...an F1 race ere n there where MS dun win   :P   :P   :P

You have NEVER enjoyed a MS win? Thats very closed minded of you, to not find even one out of 77. I have enjoyed wins by other drivers battling against MS. Not Hungary 1997 though, I enjoyed the race, I thought I was going to enjoy the win, but it all changed on the second to last lap. And I don't even like Damon Hill.

BTW, for those of you who think my memory is bad and that it was the last lap. Go watch the race again. JV passed on the last lap, but it was clear what was going to happen the lap before!

the only race that i enjoyed were M$ won was at Barian this year. that was a good race. but there has only been the odd good race in the last two years.

France wouldn't have won without Zidane......England was pretty unlucky they were almost winning, but then there isn't any almost winning in sport. The fact that Beckham missed a penalty came as a shocked I had no idea he was capable of missing a penalty :!: ( I know I'm exaggerating). But there you go, his best talent and he loses it. Just read the british newspaper online, they seem to be desperate to find a scapegoat....

France wouldn't have won without Zidane......England was pretty unlucky they were almost winning, but then there isn't any almost winning in sport. The fact that Beckham missed a penalty came as a shocked I had no idea he was capable of missing a penalty :!: ( I know I'm exaggerating). But there you go, his best talent and he loses it. Just read the british newspaper online, they seem to be desperate to find a scapegoat....

hihi let me sumorize Englands lose.... it's all basically due to the current and Ex LIVERPOOL players.... Heskey caused the faul tht led to zidanes first free kick goal..... then steven gerard sent a back pass to Henry who is french not english (sumone tell him tht) and david james (ex L'pool) dived in front of henry not the ball...

yeah liverpool messed england up against france !!!!!!

...an F1 race ere n there where MS dun win   :P   :P   :P

You have NEVER enjoyed a MS win? Thats very closed minded of you, to not find even one out of 77. I have enjoyed wins by other drivers battling against MS. Not Hungary 1997 though, I enjoyed the race, I thought I was going to enjoy the win, but it all changed on the second to last lap. And I don't even like Damon Hill.

BTW, for those of you who think my memory is bad and that it was the last lap. Go watch the race again. JV passed on the last lap, but it was clear what was going to happen the lap before!

nichosnz the reason why i might have seemed to nevr enjoy MS winning is bcoz he is the only one winning.... i do not deny tht he is the greatest drivr to grace F1 and well there have been a few races tht MS did well tht i enjoyed... the thing is of the 77 tht he won many particularly since 02 were won without a challenge!!!!.. b4 02 when he won races then it was well a race won where he was challenged all the way and won the race...here now i dunno if even MS takes pride in winning races ..... bottom line... the ferraris are almost un beatable !!!!!!!!!

I think M$ has won some very very tough and interesting races. Nurbrugring 95 and Hungary 98 come to mind as two of his very best. For sheer skill and grit, Spain 96 was up there as well, i think he lost most gears and it was totally chucking it down.

As for the Euro, I'm pretty pi$$ed off at how Holland played against Germany. That was a very dodgy defending of the free kick and the defenders, namely Cocu, just watched the ball roll in. Brilliant goal from Ruud though, pure class. Very tricky game against Latvia up next, will be good. How about that Greek team, looks like they could provide some upsets and may progress, and sets up a top game between Spain and Portugal!!!

As for the Euro, I'm pretty pi$$ed off at how Holland played against Germany. That was a very dodgy defending of the free kick and the defenders, namely Cocu, just watched the ball roll in. Brilliant goal from Ruud though, pure class. Very tricky game against Latvia up next, will be good. How about that Greek team, looks like they could provide some upsets and may progress, and sets up a top game between Spain and Portugal!!!

holland i think was first game jinx or sumthin coz they kind of played rahter well in 2nd half... bout greece... well they just need a draw from the game against russia to go through and hope thy do coz they are 1 of only 2 teams to impress me so far (the other is sweden) ... so yea portugal will be in a do or die game against spain who also need only a draw and cant loose... Italy seems to be the most dissapointin team so far.. they dun look like they have a midfield ...

hihi let me sumorize Englands lose.... it's all basically due to the current and Ex LIVERPOOL players.... Heskey caused the faul tht led to zidanes first free kick goal..... then steven gerard sent a back pass to Henry who is french not english (sumone tell him tht) and david james (ex L'pool) dived in front of henry not the ball...

Yeah the Scouse Scummers!! And you missed out Owen who is still living off the goal he scored against the Argies, who probably only touched the ball around 5 times.

But i suppose we best stick to talkin F1.

THX...didn't saw the match.......but after England vs Switzerland I can see what you mean......all the liverpool players not performing to their best. I was quite surprised England won by such a great margin. Anyway....good for Wayne Rooney. We just have to pray he doesn't turn up another David Beckham

England did well, 3-0 was a fair result, but the Croatia v France game surprised me. Croatia played really well and even led. They had a brilliant chance to win the game in stoppage time, but missed from like a few feet out, crazy!!! As for the Dutch, they did play well in second half, but the manager should put Roy Makaay up front with Ruud, as that was too much work for one forward, as the German defence is brilliant, well against the Dutch they were.

Don

Tomorrow is going to be a busy evening for me... first F1 and just half an hour later Portugal - Spain. I

Tomorrow is going to be a busy evening for me... first F1 and just half an hour later Portugal - Spain. I

My my, who would have thought it before the tournament... Spain and Italy knocked out at the first round!! Expect Holland to join them going by the way they played, and the manager startegised againse Czech Republic. They made defensive errors and the manager insisted on bringing on defenders instead of attackers when the score was tied...a draw for Holland was no good...only a win was beneficial....they then went on to lost 3-2 and they deserved to lost the way they played and the way the manager screwed things up. I'd rather see my team lose going for the win than playing conservatively...well they've got Latvia in the wee hours of tomorrow morning so hopefully they'll have learned their lessons...only a win will se them progress...thats if the Czechs defeat Germany which isn't a definite.