Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amjay

F1 and Euro 2004

My my, who would have thought it before the tournament... Spain and Italy knocked out at the first round!! Expect Holland to join them going by the way they played, and the manager startegised againse Czech Republic. They made defensive errors and the manager insisted on bringing on defenders instead of attackers when the score was tied...a draw for Holland was no good...only a win was beneficial....they then went on to lost 3-2 and they deserved to lost the way they played and the way the manager screwed things up. I'd rather see my team lose going for the win than playing conservatively...well they've got Latvia in the wee hours of tomorrow morning so hopefully they'll have learned their lessons...only a win will se them progress...thats if the Czechs defeat Germany which isn't a definite.

I

My my, who would have thought it before the tournament... Spain and Italy knocked out at the first round!! Expect Holland to join them going by the way they played, and the manager startegised againse Czech Republic. They made defensive errors and the manager insisted on bringing on defenders instead of attackers when the score was tied...a draw for Holland was no good...only a win was beneficial....they then went on to lost 3-2 and they deserved to lost the way they played and the way the manager screwed things up. I'd rather see my team lose going for the win than playing conservatively...well they've got Latvia in the wee hours of tomorrow morning so hopefully they'll have learned their lessons...only a win will se them progress...thats if the Czechs defeat Germany which isn't a definite.

I

spain is the biggest underachievers of world soccer... they have very good and proven players at club level tht never seem to perform at international level... they are sumthin like mclaren this yr where they have the resources but no end result...

Thank you for comparing Spain with McLaren :D but McLaren have won lot of times and i don

spain is the biggest underachievers of world soccer... they have very good and proven players at club level tht never seem to perform at international level... they are sumthin like mclaren this yr where they have the resources but no end result...

Thank you for comparing Spain with McLaren :D but McLaren have won lot of times and i don

The sleeping giants have awoken!!! The Dutch go through to the quarters with a fantastic win over Latvia, who to their credit played well and their goalie made a number of brilliant saves. I think Ruud and Roy Maakay should be played up front together, they'd be brilliant...now we play Sweden in what should be a fantastic duel between Ruud and Henrik, i expect a goalfest, with the dutch to score more hopefully!!!

Spain are massive underachievements, but so are the Dutch to some extent. They've only won one major tournament Euro 88 and are always faced with internal bickering which only hampers their chances. IMO, they could have won both World Cup 98 and Euro 2000 and were very disappointing in not qualifying for World Cup 2002.

What about England v Portugal?!! That was a brilliant game all the way to the very end. England really lost out when Rooney had to go off. I don't think Beckham will remember this year too fondly!!

What about England v Portugal?!! That was a brilliant game all the way to the very end.

No it wasn

What about England v Portugal?!! That was a brilliant game all the way to the very end.

No it wasn

i had money on england... damnit... u know even though u cant blame anyone for penalty misses i think beckham should have at least got his shot on target.... and whats with sven taking off gerard and scholes both attackin players and putting in 2 defensive midfielders.... well tht one went bad but another went good (for me at least :P ) i think Greece really showed france who's da boss :P:P ... nojvnof1 said tht italy/spain not goin through the first round was a shock.. wat bout this one ar... greece in the semis!!!!! hope they do well it would be nice to see an underdog win the cup now!!!

You Europeans soccer fans !

Here in mexico the Eurocoupe has been transmitted with a great intensity, I had to say that I was with France due my french second name (maybe I have some relatives there someplace, by the way can you imagine why I am a Renault super fan?)

I love soccer too and my favourite soccer team here in mexico (los pumas de la Universidad Nacional Aut

You Europeans soccer fans !

Here in mexico the Eurocoupe has been transmitted with a great intensity, I had to say that I was with France due my french second name (maybe I have some relatives there someplace, by the way can you imagine why I am a Renault super fan?)

I love soccer too and my favourite soccer team here in mexico (los pumas de la Universidad Nacional Aut

Hola Ecapdeville!!!

Los pumas campeones con Hugo sanchez de entrenador   :lol: La prensa espa

Hola Ecapdeville!!!

Los pumas campeones con Hugo sanchez de entrenador   :lol: La prensa espa

the dutch didnt play to well in the semis... thts not the standard of euro semifinalists!!! but i strongly believe that their discounted goal was a bad decision and the game should have gone into extra time but then again the better team won...so now onto greece vs czech...i wonder if the greeks can pull of another upset??

Alistair, you thought Urs Meier was bad, we had Anders Frisk, who totally screwed the game up in my very biased opinion :wink: :lol: . But, in all seriousness every 50-50 decision went Portugals way and he was just looking for an excuse to give a yellow card to Robben. The Portugese goalies didn't help things by his overacting towards the end and only served to infuriate the fans, and players alike. The Dutch started off slowly but they eventually got into the game and were unlucky to have a goal disallowed, but all to no avail, so now its Greece and Portugal in the final. I hope the Greeks win, they've got nothing to lost and have already beaten them in this tournament, it should be a good game