Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Mosley

Some Very Funny Comments

:lol: Good stuff.

I think this thread/argument went off track (at least from my first post which first raised the idea) when people started trying to put something subjective, like why people do or don't like a driver, into an objective framework. It's why I didn't bother trying to answer these questions in my post, and said that these are just things to be aware of, rather than something you can actually answer or quantify in any meaningful way. In other words, I don't think it is important why other people like/dislike a driver, the point of the post was to make myself and whoever else, think about why we ourselves dislike certain drivers, if those reasons are good reasons, and whether we are consistent in those reasons. For once, I was not trying to make an argument with a conclusion, and then everyone went off and tried to do it anyway :lol:

You sound like a Kraut to me :ph34r:

The stupidity of your posts says more about your stupidity than anything else. Have we got pathetic name calling out of the way or are we going to have a full on slanging match? Seriously how stupid are you to respond to a perfectly reasonable post with a personal attack? What the f#ck is your problem? You're pathetic.
Oh get a life.

I'm curious to know where exactly I made any personal attacks during this thread? I can't actually find any. I found plenty of insults but they came from you. Perhaps you could quote any of my personal attacks to clarify.

Next time don't begin the discussion with 'this says more about you than anything else' - I don't know what exactly you meant, but everything I can possibly imply from it assured me that it is futile to try to have a reasonable discussion with you.

It could have been a compliment. You didn't stop to ask. Instead you immediately called me pathetic and stupid.

You sound like a Kraut to me :ph34r:

Your statement says more about you than anyone else.:whistling:

It could have been a compliment. You didn't stop to ask. Instead you immediately called me pathetic and stupid.

But was it a compliment? No.

Why don't you go and build a wall together?

But was it a compliment? No.

Why don't you go and build a wall together?

Exactly.

...but only for a granny.

Really? Are you seriously suggesting it was a compliment? Please don't insult my intelligence. You started it and you know it, now give it a rest, don't try to smooth talk your way out of it in technicolor.

And I repeat, leave out the personal attack next time and you'll get an actual debate, I care very little for who made the post, in fact, except for some old timers, and because some people keep changing their ids and I don't come by so often and have turned all signatures etc off, I don't remember people here, I just know Graham, dribs, Andres, Steph, elgo, and maybe a couple of others. When I called your post brilliant in the other thread, I didn't even realize that it's the same person I had an argument with here. I don't know if you had another id, what your real name is and if I had run ins with you in the past.

Really? Are you seriously suggesting it was a compliment? Please don't insult my intelligence. You started it and you know it, now give it a rest, don't try to smooth talk your way out of it in technicolor.

And I repeat, leave out the personal attack next time and you'll get an actual debate, I care very little for who made the post, in fact, except for some old timers, and because some people keep changing their ids and I don't come by so often and have turned all signatures etc off, I don't remember people here, I just know Graham, dribs, Andres, Steph, elgo, and maybe a couple of others. When I called your post brilliant in the other thread, I didn't even realize that it's the same person I had an argument with here. I don't know if you had another id, what your real name is and if I had run ins with you in the past.

You've lost me. What are you on about? Seriously.

He can't remember it was him that said we all hate Vettel because he is German and then had to try and back track the statement because he can't remember what his name is because he turned his ID off???? I dunno....confuzzled...:eusa_think:

I too hate Eva Padberg because she's German

...no wait...I think I ferked that one up....

I too hate the annoying fly because she's German.

fly.gif

She's annoying, probably got drunk with German beer...

Your first response to me was not a compliment, please don't insult my intelligence by trying to suggest it was.

The rest of the post was an attempt to be civil. You don't seem to appreciate that. So F$%# off.

Your first response to me was not a compliment, please don't insult my intelligence by trying to suggest it was.

The rest of the post was an attempt to be civil. You don't seem to appreciate that. So F$%# off.

blink.gif

Dude - relax.

It was a compliment :rolleyes:

:lol:

That's more like it!

See - it's much more fun when you take yourself less seriously - you don't sound like an angry, adolsent c#ck any more. :thbup:

:lol:

That's more like it!

See - it's much more fun when you take yourself less seriously - you don't sound like an angry, adolsent c#ck any more. :thbup:

Your post is basically:

"Yes it's all in good fun :D

Here I'll throw another insult at you for good measure"

Don't flatter yourself by thinking I take you seriously.

The difference between us is, I am not pretending to be something I am not, you are trying to show you're some cool unflappable guy who wins arguments with his impeccable wit. Don't even try.

Your post is basically:

"Yes it's all in good fun :D

Here I'll throw another insult at you for good measure"

Don't flatter yourself by thinking I take you seriously.

The difference between us is, I am not pretending to be something I am not, you are trying to show you're some cool unflappable guy who wins arguments with his impeccable wit. Don't even try.

you got me pegged wink.gif

Not sure how you measure and compare adulation. What are you referring to, the British press, the BBC? Saying that Hamilton's title was less convincing than Vettel's is pretty subjective.

Hamilton's title win was less convincing, he won on the last lap and that only because of Alonso's cheating victory at Singapore robbed Massa.

I mean the British press mainly, but that has huge influence - apart from Europe, the rest of the world has no dedicated quality F1 journalism, they basically source their content from British english language journalists, none of them know enough aboutthe sport to have anything original to say. British journalists control all english language questions in the press conferences. So they have a profound influence on how the world perceives the drivers.

Schumacher's case is pretty clear, if he was Brazilian, he would be famous as the passionate fiery colourful driver with an eccentric dress sense, 'fiery latin' temper and emotions like breaking down in a press conference and with lots of charitable work to his name (how many times do we hear about Senna's charity work? How many times do we hear about Schumacher's?) By their utterly biased approach, they made one of the most articulate drivers on the grid clam up and not want to talk to the english language press, and left them free to propound their 'robotic, soulless arrogant stereotype'. Mendacious idiots like Joe Saward continue to rule the english language F1 press, he will always get a raw deal.

But the whole German thing doesn't end with Schumacher. German drivers are some of the most underrated on the grid, it is staggering how much criticism Heidfeld gets despite doing just fine, competing well with drivers like Raikkonen and Kubica for so many years. Noone gives Sutil the credit he deserves, especially for his wet weather drive. It is pretty hard to underrate Vettel, so it comes out as conspiracies of team orders, pushed by so many forum goers. It's not the passport you want to have as an upcoming F1 driver.

Hamilton's title win was less convincing, he won on the last lap and that only because of Alonso's cheating victory at Singapore robbed Massa.

I mean the British press mainly, but that has huge influence - apart from Europe, the rest of the world has no dedicated quality F1 journalism, they basically source their content from British english language journalists, none of them know enough aboutthe sport to have anything original to say. British journalists control all english language questions in the press conferences. So they have a profound influence on how the world perceives the drivers.

Schumacher's case is pretty clear, if he was Brazilian, he would be famous as the passionate fiery colourful driver with an eccentric dress sense, 'fiery latin' temper and emotions like breaking down in a press conference and with lots of charitable work to his name (how many times do we hear about Senna's charity work? How many times do we hear about Schumacher's?) By their utterly biased approach, they made one of the most articulate drivers on the grid clam up and not want to talk to the english language press, and left them free to propound their 'robotic, soulless arrogant stereotype'. Mendacious idiots like Joe Saward continue to rule the english language F1 press, he will always get a raw deal.

But the whole German thing doesn't end with Schumacher. German drivers are some of the most underrated on the grid, it is staggering how much criticism Heidfeld gets despite doing just fine, competing well with drivers like Raikkonen and Kubica for so many years. Noone gives Sutil the credit he deserves, especially for his wet weather drive. It is pretty hard to underrate Vettel, so it comes out as conspiracies of team orders, pushed by so many forum goers. It's not the passport you want to have as an upcoming F1 driver.

I agree with your comments about the press and Schumacher etc.

As for the credibility of Hamilton's title; It will always appear that way because of what happened in Brazil. Had that precise scenario happened earlier in the season and Hamilton had won in Brazil in a fashion similar to wins he had druing 2008, we might feel differently. There will always be 'ifs' 'buts' and 'maybes', but in my view, a title is a title. The only time one should really be brought into question is if there are universal question marks over a driver's ability compared to his peers and he is driving a truely dominant car; a bit like Hill in 1996. I don't think that is true of Hamilton in 2008.

I agree with your comments about the press and Schumacher etc.

As for the credibility of Hamilton's title; It will always appear that way because of what happened in Brazil. Had that precise scenario happened earlier in the season and Hamilton had won in Brazil in a fashion similar to wins he had druing 2008, we might feel differently. There will always be 'ifs' 'buts' and 'maybes', but in my view, a title is a title. The only time one should really be brought into question is if there are universal question marks over a driver's ability compared to his peers and he is driving a truely dominant car; a bit like Hill in 1996. I don't think that is true of Hamilton in 2008.

Or some young german driver also known as 'crash kid'.

Or some young german driver also known as 'crash kid'.

I see what you did there. As I said, a title is a title. Vettel's drive in Abu Dhabi was the drive of a champion, crashes and German passport included. He is making the rest of his peers looka bit daft at the moment too. Seems he can't muster the respect of some, no matter what he does.

I see what you did there. As I said, a title is a title. Vettel's drive in Abu Dhabi was the drive of a champion, crashes and German passport included. He is making the rest of his peers looka bit daft at the moment too. Seems he can't muster the respect of some, no matter what he does.

The only time one should really be brought into question is if there are universal question marks over a driver's ability compared to his peers and he is driving a truely dominant car; a bit like Hill in 1996.Or Vettel in 2010. Yesterday every driver was in racing while Vettel was in cruising. Very soon it will become very, very boring.

The only time one should really be brought into question is if there are universal question marks over a driver's ability compared to his peers and he is driving a truely dominant car; a bit like Hill in 1996.Or Vettel in 2010. Yesterday every driver was in racing while Vettel was in cruising. Very soon it will become very, very boring.

Compare Vettel with Mark. Still think it's a case of a dominant car?