Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Mosley

Some Very Funny Comments

Compare Vettel with Mark. Still think it's a case of a dominant car?

Webber didn't have KERS from the parade lap, he lost a few positions at the start for that reason, and I think neither DRS worked for him most of the race. We don't know about this season, it's too soon, but 2010 Red Bull was a dominant car with 15 pole positions out of 19.

Webber didn't have KERS from the parade lap, he lost a few positions at the start for that reason, and I think neither DRS worked for him most of the race. We don't know about this season, it's too soon, but 2010 Red Bull was a dominant car with 15 pole positions out of 19.

Fair point. I'm not saying that the Red Bull is not the class of the field, clearly it is (and was fastest in 2010 too). My point is that it is utterly dominant in the hands of Vettel. It has not been in the hands of Webber, yet. Bear in mind that Vettel would not have used his DRS at any point of the race in Malaysia and that he had KERS issues too. That aside, he still finished significantly ahead of Webber. Yes, Webber lost places at the start due to not having KERS, but it reinforces how much better a job did in qualifying - a true measure of how fast a car/driver combination is.

I still beleive the actual difference in raw speed is not that much different between Vettel and Webber. But there is a difference. Not only that but Vettel puts a weekend together better than Mark does. This is somehting that the true greats do.