Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

F1 Round Two - Malaysia

Discuss. Oh and can somebody be really nice and post up tomorrow's testing times. Cheers!

Oh, and JB - stay away from the Massa.

With the heavy rain expected, I predict there will be some crazy results.

My prediction :eusa_think: :

1. Alonso

2. Rosberg

3. Button

4. STR car (Buemi or Algae)

5. Schuey

RBR's DNF

Hamilton DNF

Massa DNF

Webber fastest again in P2. Wonder if they fixed his car?

Webber fastest again in P2. Wonder if they fixed his car?

More likely that they put him on low fuel runs for glory, to fix his head.

Phew, Mercedes & Schumi made some gains (well, losses in time). Hopefully the trend will continue. Ferrari seem to have lost the plot here, as Alonso himself has conceded that they're off the pace & face a difficult weekend.

More likely that they put him on low fuel runs for glory, to fix his head.

Ahhhh...Sh#t.

Ferari lost at sea. Team Poochie fighting suspension/brake issues...

Oh, what the hell...GO, YOU...NON-GERMANIC DRIVER/TEAM! :what:

Third season in a row that Ferrari is lost at sea. It somehow coincides with Domenicali running the team... Makes me extremely sad, when I see it and Montezemolo does not see it.

Third season in a row that Ferrari is lost at sea. It somehow coincides with Domenicali running the team... Makes me extremely sad, when I see it and Montezemolo does not see it.

"Hello, is that Luca? wapo here. I know you won a title in 2007 with Stefano, but it is totally unacceptable that you have not won everything since. Stefano is entirely to blame. Don't you see it?"

*Luca flick his hair with boney fingers*

"Why, thanks. I dd not see that until a visionary called me to highlight the fact. What should I do, oh enlightened one?"

*Click, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

"Hello?"

Say, from the top 4 teams, a common thing in both FPs: the less fancied drivers finished ahead of their teammates. Hope it stays that way for the race too!

Where were JB and LH in the pecking order?

Red Bull have pace in hand. McLaren are going to be their closest challengers, and once again Ferrari appear to be off the pace with a badly handling car. Hopefully the tyres will come into play and stop this race turning into another red bull procession.

This is the closest I have seen JB and Lewis for some time, although Lewis seems to ramp his performances up a bit more than Jenson in quali, but as long as both are in the hunt I am not overly fussed who finishes in front :D

"Hello, is that Luca? wapo here. I know you won a title in 2007 with Stefano, but it is totally unacceptable that you have not won everything since. Stefano is entirely to blame. Don't you see it?"

Funny, and I thought they were still under Todt in 2007... Or did they just take things one step at a time, first to Stefano Todt and only after that to Domenicali, for a smooth transition? ;)

Funny, and I thought they were still under Todt in 2007... Or did they just take things one step at a time, first to Stefano Todt and only after that to Domenicali, for a smooth transition? ;)

Stefano won just a WCC in 2008 and nearly a WDC that same year. Many Ferraristi are a bit disappointed, this season they call him Doomenicalli more than ever. They have a lot of work to do this season and we'll see what happens at the summer break.

It is all Domenicalli's blame, really?

The team tested the car more than anybody else. At Melboune they were not brilliant, straegy wise, but nothing awful as in last-year-awful. During the off season they seemd very competitive.

I am going against my most basic instincts here, defending a Ferrari bureaucrat and attacking my favorite driver but if we are going to just point randomly at any peson in Ferrrari to lay the blamo on, why not Alonso? Why not Luca himself?

I am not actually defending SD. I just can't see what the chain of reasoning goes from "the team was the closest competitor to RBR but they seemed to have lost it womewhere between last test and Melbourne" to "it is all Domenicalli's fault".

I guess there might have been a reason for all you Domenicalli bashers, I just want to know which one is it.

It is all Domenicalli's blame, really?

I agree with you. I wouldn't put the whole blame on just one person, they all share success and fail. They were all very happy during winter testing and it suddenly blew up in their faces in Australia. I just hope they know by now who made all that mess, from a happy winter testing to a nightmare 1st race of the season in Australia, b#####d!!! Sepang could only get things worse and China won't help either.

I'm just an observer and most Ferrari fans are pointing their fingers towards Domenicalli, right or wrong I don't know. I think it's time to get focused on the development of the car, wait till the summer break and then if the car is a fail start the new 2012 project and do it better next time. They were able to close the gap to Red Bull last season so they should keep pushig at least for a few months more.

I think italianization, Montezemolo's motto, is a big mistake but they didn't really do it. It was more like a political slogan, there are still many non-italians working there although maybe they could bring a few more italians, or non-italians, in the future. The disappointment is already everywhere in Ferrari, if they finish the season in such a bad mood they'll have to do something. The right thing to do I don't know, work hard now. Pray.

Just fitting for HRT isn't it....and believe me when I say it hurts when a race car runs over your foot when you are pushing it....pushed one of ours over my foot and I was hobbling about for two days..what was worse was that I had no one to blame but myself...I just hate it when that happens...

Macca is sporting new little wings beside the c#ckpit and between the radiator pods.

Interesting to note that Macca is one of the very few teams that has not added shark gills to aid cooling....must be those radiators work out there in the cool air....but without a photograph, I can't say if that is true or not :P

Now that was a good final qualifying....pity Macca couldn't put one over RBR, but looks like we have some competition at the top.

Ferrari, over half a second back on RBR and Macca....

Herr Macher 0.6 back on Rosberg...thats 2-0 in qually for anyone counting....

And HRT made it, however I am not so sure they would have if 107% was taken on Q3 and not Q1.

Team Lotus are now 2-secs ahead of Virgin and half a second back on breaking into Q2. They're getting there...and have a blown diffuser coming soon.

Now for a good race :D