Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

F1 Round Two - Malaysia

And in a good position too! Hopefully Vitaly will show him how it's done in the race (he will, right?) XD

:frusty:

Well well then...another good race....these new tyres give a fast first quarter, a guarded middle half, and then it's all bets off in the last quarter....certainly keeps the interest up in the last 15 laps, which is what the sport needs.

Good drive from Button, good drive from Quick Nick, impressive fight back by Webber, and a 8.7 for Petrov for his jump. But that Vettel boy does it again....he's scarily notching up these wins much in the manner Schumacher did.

Vettel was dominating, except for a period when he was reeled in by Hamilton. Super drives by Button & Heidfeld. Webber has only himself to blame for missing out on podium. Nice to see Massa & Schumi finish ahead of their teammates.

Mercedes is more or less a glorified backmarker team now. On 2nd thoughts, in comparison to the 1st race, today's race was a huge improvement.

How does Webber have himself to blame if he is 80Hp down on the others at the start, into the longest start stretch in F1? It's just a drag race, and you need ponies for a drag race. I thought he did well for a four stop strategy to almost make the podium, and to not once have KERS in the entire race? Sorry, but I can not see how he is to blame.

ah well - kudos to heidfeld. he quallified well and didn't make any mistakes. he was fortunate that webber, hamilton and alonso all had problems that caused them to let him past, but still - fair enough.

vitaly vitaly vitaly - not his day today. the team twice left him out on tyres that were shot. should have pitted him earlier on both occasions. but still, not really an excuse for trying to launch his car like that.

alonso + hamilton both rather unlucky too.

vettel had an easier race than he should have with heidfeld holding everyone back at the start, but he drove a flawless qually and race, so well done to him.

webber - appaling start, but with no KERS that's what happens I guess. kept going and got some points out of it. more 'team favours seb' stories/threads to come - can't wait for that.

ferrari let massa finish in front of alonso? what is going on in the red team.

Nick did great, especially at the start, remind me again, systems for assistance at the start are banned, right? Because those Team Poochie were impressive, and I remember the times when Alonso used to impress in much the same manner with Renault. Well, whatever, go Team Poochie!

Well done to Button. The rest of them had some 1000 swaps during the race (Vettel excluded of course) and it was hard to keep track of them all the time XDD Webber was doing good, but what about the "No KERS for you" conspiracy and the DRS failure? :thbdn:

The shot of the jump from Petrov's onboard camera didn't do it any justice, the image was pretty "WOW", an 8.9 as Handy says and 4 points less... ouch!

How does Webber have himself to blame if he is 80Hp down on the others at the start, into the longest start stretch in F1? It's just a drag race, and you need ponies for a drag race. I thought he did well for a four stop strategy to almost make the podium, and to not once have KERS in the entire race? Sorry, but I can not see how he is to blame.

I thought it was simply a poor start. Didn't know about this bit. If this is true, then it's not his fault, agreed. But, when Schumi had mech problems in quali, you say it's an excuse, and here you say it's a real problem. Oh well...

oh yes - and kobay showed schumi a few tricks - three times! - very entertaining.

good race all round really.

Mercedes is just BAR myearthdream in new colours. I never got the hype....Mercedes didn't compete as a manufacturer in F1 since the 50's until last year, and yet they are somehow put in with the same credibility as McLaren and Ferrari?...they don't deserve it, they haven't shown they've deserved it.

Schumacher got passed in the same manner as he and Hakkinen passed Zonta all those years ago....now he knows what it feels like to drive a slow car.

I thought it was simply a poor start. Didn't know about this bit. If this is true, then it's not his fault, agreed. But, when Schumi had mech problems in quali, you say it's an excuse, and here you say it's a real problem. Oh well...

The difference is, that Webber fought back from it....a 4-stop strategy and no KERS for 56 laps, trumps a single lap with no wing that doesn't make all that much difference.

oh yes - and kobay showed schumi a few tricks - three times! - very entertaining.

good race all round really.

Right, that was great! Also to Webber :D

Team Poochie gets a podium....

Now...whom among you need to print your retractions regarding Nick?

I can think of a few names..... :P

I must say Vettel looks a knob in his baseball cap....

...someone must give these guys low height caps....puhlease!

Yay for Button, annoyed that Vettel won yet again, Heidfeld had a good drive, wtf happened to Hamilton?

All in all though a really good race! I'm liking this movable rear wing thing!

Team Poochie gets a podium....

Now...whom among you need to print your retractions regarding Nick?

I can think of a few names..... :P

Yeah, mate, it was somewhat puzzling to see a lot of people slagging off Nick after just one race. Nice that he came good.

I'm not retracting anything until at least half the season has passed. Although I must admit he's not as dismal as it seemed in Melbourne.

Hamilton pitted early on the first stint, and from then on had to keep pitting earlier or go past the tyres edge....he just ran out of rubber. Such are these tyres, which is a good thing :)

But don't feel sad for Lewis, he gets to go home to this:

Nicole-Scherzinger.jpg

Was Hamilton hamstrung by the tangle with Alonso or by poor tire management?

The latter because he was falling behind Button pretty quickly before Alonso decided to place his front wing up Hamilton's rear!

Yay for Button, annoyed that Vettel won yet again, Heidfeld had a good drive, wtf happened to Hamilton?

All in all though a really good race! I'm liking this movable rear wing thing!

Is it because he is German?

Four out of five dentists, believe so.

I'm not retracting anything until at least half the season has passed. Although I must admit he's not as dismal as it seemed in Melbourne.

:P

:P

Ah, but I think I wasn't very cruel on him about Melbourne, I usually leave an escape door :P

Schumacher got passed in the same manner as he and Hakkinen passed Zonta all those years ago....now he knows what it feels like to drive a slow car.

Yes pile on the hate, nice way to cover up the fact that he outclassed his teammate and you look like a tool for all your criticism over the past few weeks.