Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

F1 Round Two - Malaysia

Is it because he is German?

If that was the case I wouldn't have said good drive by Heidfeld... I just am yet to warm to Vettel

ah well - kudos to heidfeld. he quallified well and didn't make any mistakes. he was fortunate that webber, hamilton and alonso all had problems that caused them to let him past, but still - fair enough.
Now...whom among you need to print your retractions regarding Nick?

I can think of a few names..... :P

Hey - I gave the guy his dues, but I won't offer a full retraction just yet. I still don't rate him.

Though I dislike Heidfeld's dull driving, I will be choosing him as one of my DODs today (whilst holding my nose). Shucks - I'm just THAT objective.

Yeah, mate, it was somewhat puzzling to see a lot of people slagging off Nick after just one race. Nice that he came good.

Ah - that's where you're wrong. I've been slaging Heidfeld off for years, after many seasons of watching him bore me.:P

Is it because he is German?

Four out of five dentists, believe so.

:lol:

Vitaly will come good in China. Pleeeeeeease Vitaly please!

Yes pile on the hate, nice way to cover up the fact that he outclassed his teammate and you look like a tool for all your criticism over the past few weeks.

Whatever buddy.

Whatever buddy.

Not your buddy, and you could make yourself look a million times better than maure by coming out to say 'hey I might be wrong, maybe that old fart still has something in him'.

Not your buddy, and you could make yourself look a million times better than maure by coming out to say 'hey I might be wrong, maybe that old fart still has something in him'.

Whatever buddy

Yep heaps of tussles...keep em coming.

But Sepang does have that good first three corner sequence after a nice long straight....so that helps.

But all in all...good racing up and down the field.

There's no pleasing some fans. Before F1 didn't have enough overtaking, now there's too much. Apparently.

Not that I'm complaining. I loved it. Interesting races, some great overtakes and battles. Hard to see who will stop the Vettel/RBR steam roller though!

Quite a good race, lots of overtaking this time round, mind you it looked very easy to do so :/ ! Well done once again to Vettel but I hope he doesn't dominate the entire season, like Schumacher in 2002 & 2004!

Despite a good race with many overtakes the guys at FIA are considering some type of magic driving with 10 laps long tyres, DRS working sometimes, and NO race incidents! 20 s penalties to Hami and Nando is the most stupid thing I´ve ever heard! Those guys would showed black flag to Gilles in Dijon 1979!!! And Arnoux too!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nevertheless Nando make a mistake pushing hard in the wrong time maybe trying to recover time from a disastrous pit stop 2,5 s slower than ReBull! Stefano that´s not the way aha, aha, we like it! Massa suffered the same delay early in the race... No t to mention DRS not working on Nando´s car and maybe Lewis -If you look carefully when Nick overtaked him Nick´s DRS worked fine but Hami´s didn´t. Was a Lewis decision cause the tyres were dead or a failure?

Kamui make a strong race showing how to race! Superb car control.

Despite a good race with many overtakes the guys at FIA are considering some type of magic driving with 10 laps long tyres, DRS working sometimes, and NO race incidents! 20 s penalties to Hami and Nando is the most stupid thing I´ve ever heard! Those guys would showed black flag to Gilles in Dijon 1979!!! And Arnoux too!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamilton's penalty was for moving side to side on the straight. Charlie agreed with the drivers at the start of the season to be much more strict about moving sideways on the straight to avoid DRS and KERS to be effective. Penalty on Hamilton was maybe harsh but it had a point.

Alonso's penalty can be a can of worms.

Hamilton's penalty was for moving side to side on the straight. Charlie agreed with the drivers at the start of the season to be much more strict about moving sideways on the straight to avoid DRS and KERS to be effective. Penalty on Hamilton was maybe harsh but it had a point.

Alonso's penalty can be a can of worms.

Funny thing is - Alonso retains 6th place while Hamilton drops place to 8th.

Cue the complaints department.

Funny thing is - Alonso retains 6th place while Hamilton drops place to 8th.

Cue the complaints department.

I want to see 20s penalty every time a driver tries to get past a car and ends touching its rear end only damaging his own race.

C'mon FIA, you can be consistent in 2011.

C'mon FIA, you can be consistent in 2011.
Might as well ask for people to like Germans - never gonna happen.

Something about watching the Malaysian GP bored me to death and it wasn't just the on track stuff. There's no atmosphere there. The spectators are so far back from the track I'm amazed anyone even bothers to go. It's like those Rugby or Soccer games they play in the big athletic stadiums, where the fans are so far back from the action. Believe me when I say it makes a difference between feeling like you're there, and one of looking through binoculars the wrong way round. The Paris to Roubaix was far more exciting as you felt you were there in the action.

I've never been a fan or detractor of the Malaysian GP, but after tonight I hope it get's canned at some point. Then it can be added to the Valencia, Chinese and Hungarian GPs that need to be euthanized.

Something about watching the Malaysian GP bored me to death and it wasn't just the on track stuff. There's no atmosphere there. The spectators are so far back from the track I'm amazed anyone even bothers to go. It's like those Rugby or Soccer games they play in the big athletic stadiums, where the fans are so far back from the action. Believe me when I say it makes a difference between feeling like you're there, and one of looking through binoculars the wrong way round. The Paris to Roubaix was far more exciting as you felt you were there in the action.

I've never been a fan or detractor of the Malaysian GP, but after tonight I hope it get's canned at some point. Then it can be added to the Valencia, Chinese and Hungarian GPs that need to be euthanized.

Why did you post it here?

It was worth a new thread. :rolleyes:

OK, I'm still too sleepy after qualy and race that started at 5am here soooo...my conclussions mixed with lots of yawning inbetween:

1) I came here to say basically that the race was fun blah blah blah but the stewards were out of their minds to penalise Buemi with a stop and go for speeding in the pitlane when we have seen more serious incidents in both races dealt with a simple drive through (which were also unfair and inconsistent) or completely ignored. And, to be frank, I am yet to see a single incident in both these races worth of even anything beyond some fist waving. And now I woke up to find this about Lewis and Alonso???

2) Alonso is to blame for the "accident" in the battñe between the two champs (more on that later) no questions about it. But to penalise him? For what? The incident ocurred in a moment when everybody was struggling just to keep the car running on tarmac on a track that is 20 miles wide. Prior to tha, there were a gazillion other touches between cars and bits of cars flung here and there? Why not just changing the water in the all of the team trailers shower tanks for some zyklon B and get over with it in one swift move? There were no Germans in that board of marshalls to come up with such simple solution? As for Lewis, ditto. Wavering like he did last year in fron of Petrov was rather dangerous and totally unnecessary. This time was not half as dangerous, half as blatant and it was also something I noticed Petrov himself did a couple of laps before, not to mention good old Schumi and some others (Koby, Alguersari come to mind...)

No sense fo fun from the marshalls. Come to think of it they MUST be Germans... :meh:

3) This race was a clear demonstration on how useless is to have a 20 mile-wide piece of tarmac when driving a milimeter out of the racing line means insta-death drowning in an ocean of marbles thanks to the "let's make real sucky tires" policy. Yes, that policy made race more fun (as well as the KERS and MWRs...mostly when either system decided not to work from one reason or another. But as fun as it is to watch, it also means that drivers will tend to drive more conservatively than ever or end up looking like Nando, Hamilton or Schumi. When they all start getting the point that driving like Vettel, Button or Heidfeld pay more dividends we will start watching a procession of old ladies running around in circles with the few that don't being treated like brainless cannibals by their bashers or supreme fighters by their supporters but nothing else. Championship will go to those who are boring. Things that pay huge dividends nowadays in F1: not ruining the tires, not getting too close to another driver, no tire locking, absolutely no touching another car (cars depend too much on their tiny, fragile multiple wings and perfect CFD bodywork...you can't even let a bug hit the car without compromising its performance). In short: the less risks you take, the Vettel (see what I did there?) :meh:

4) Flawless Vettel? Yeah, whatever. I'm finding "flawless" driving from pole to finish less and less attractive with years. Maybe I'm biased against Seb, granted, but the car was a massive advantage from the start, he started from pole which is another massive advantage and even there he didn't shine that much. Most of his problems were solved due to a fierce battle in the back. He could nurse his tires and what not. He was flawless, and he deserved to win no doubt, but until I see him having to drive from sme other place in a car that does not perform as well as his Kosher Kylie or whatever I will still maintain he has not proved yet he is the new Nando, nor even the new Hammy.

5) In a race where chaos ruled, my compliments go in first place to Massa (!), Button (!) and Webber who got neck-deep in the mud and came out with excellent results for the trio. The 3 of them deserved more than they got. Battles all around and yet they fought back and made less mistakes than their team mates (except for Webber, but then again he wasn't racing in Judith's Meshuganah Mother or whatever and just got a car worthy of a soft drinks company). Wunderbar job from NH...who would have thought? Pity about Petrov but it was worth to see that black and gold car in the air! Lewis gets less cookie points for ruining his tires in each and every stint despit his engineer telling him in a thousand different tones to watch out his tires. Even fewer points for Nando for having a good comeback so far and suddenly throwing it all away in a totally unnecessary manoeuver. And for (again) not being able to overtake Petrov on track properly! If Petrov hadn't missed that corner...

6) Lovely battles between Alguersari, Koba and Schumi in the back (and my new unexpected hero, Perez, until his car gave up after one of his many tussles, I think with Maldonado)

7) Great fun but I still would think it would be ideal to have this much fun without because of drivers giving it all in good cars and not because they were hampered by a million of artificial "things that went wrong". Looks too much like my flight simulator were I can "plan" when I will have a failure in some of the plane's system and then "handle" the crysis.

8) **** THEM ARGENTINIAN COMMENTATORS! Those guys kept rambling on and on in a race where they aired more pit to car comments than any other previous races. Yet these guys never minded! They weren't even watching the monitors as at one time they spent 5 minutes trying to figure out which RBR was that car despite the fact that it was being indicated in the screen Arghhhh!!!

And for (again) not being able to overtake Petrov on track properly! If Petrov hadn't missed that corner...

Good summary buuut...

That is totally biased. He didn't need to do it because he used his mind powers. :YaY:

Why is nobody worried about steering wheel falling of Petrov's car? Senna was killed when his steering failed.

Good summary buuut...

That is totally biased. He didn't need to do it because he used his mind powers. :YaY:

Pfft...you mean Santander money. You see, they paid Petrov so he got out of the way from Alonso. And with that money Petrov keeps paying his stay in Formula One. Otherwise he would have ended up in that other pinnacle of motorsport called "Nascar Truck Racing" :whistling" :P

NINETEEN LAPS ON PIRELLI PRIMES! In your ****ing faces! And Lewis is the better driver, apparently. Har-de-har all over THAT!!

Super psyched with that drive. Well done my boy, well done. Keep it on that level, and the championship is yours!

That feeling I had about McLaren. I have the same about Red Bull only I feel mid-season they're going to have a slump, and its up to them to recover from it. As I said to Dave, I don't feel the same chemistry in Red Bull as I do in McLaren.

2) Alonso is to blame for the "accident" in the battñe between the two champs (more on that later) no questions about it. But to penalise him? For what? The incident ocurred in a moment when everybody was struggling just to keep the car running on tarmac on a track that is 20 miles wide. Prior to tha, there were a gazillion other touches between cars and bits of cars flung here and there?

Given the circumstances you mentioned, I also find the penalty for Alonso rather ridiculous...