Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Apologies To Heidfeld And Compliments To The Prophet For Foreseeing His Great Driving In This Thread Please

This season is about tyre managment and nothing more. Only at the end of the race you can tell which driver is in which position. Start is very important and those renaults have great start. overtaking is regulated by DRS, so even Vettel can overtake. "Apologies To Heidfeld And Compliments To The Prophet For Foreseeing His Great Driving In This Thread Please" LOL ! If there wasn't Alonso-Hamilton incident he would be fifth. Petrov was better in Melbourne, and in Malaysia we saw old good demolition Petrov. That was a great jump. We all know Heidi,he is average!

We all know Heidi,he is average!

He's the GOAT.

Exciting watching him racing as looking at my fishbowl.

And he speaks German.

Heidfield is an OK driver. Respectable but nothing outstanding.

He inherited 3rd from Alonso (possibly Hamilton, possibly Webber - no KERS).

Two podiums in two races for Renault. But my guess is that there are no more podiums for Renault 2011 unless there are major issues with the big 3 teams.

Petrov was better in Melbourne because Heidfeld was driving this from the first lap after a maniac crashed into him:

439x.jpg

Team Poochie got two podums neener neener! Yeah, un your face Fernandes!!!!!! Wooohooo! And all you at Mercedes can kiss my non-aryan arse! :onefinger:

Team Poochie got two podums neener neener! Yeah, un your face Fernandes!!!!!! Wooohooo! And all you at Mercedes can kiss my non-aryan arse! :onefinger:

Kubica's crash seems so small now.

As for Heidfeld, I thought people were jumping the gun on writing him off and I'm glad he put in a decent performance. But, just as Melbourne was no place to write him off, Malaysia isn't the place to say he's anything special. All he has shown is that he probably wasn't such a terrible choice for Renault after all.

As for Heidfeld, I thought people were jumping the gun on writing him off and I'm glad he put in a decent performance. But, just as Melbourne was no place to write him off, Malaysia isn't the place to say he's anything special. All he has shown is that he probably wasn't such a terrible choice for Renault after all.

I'm sticking to my guns. Heidfeld is still boring. Sometimes boring pays off (when everyone around you develops car problems / collides).

My opinion of him was not made in Australia. It was made after years of watching him pootle around doing absolutely nothing. Remember people - he has been in F1 before Australia and I was writing him off before Australia (not after).

Saying all that - he got my DOD because he did put the renault on the podium - bravo to him for that. As I say - sometimes boring pays off.

Last of all - Petrov knows how NOT to be boring - he'd rather throw 4 pts away for a spectacular crash. Now that's entertainment! :clap3:

Kubica's crash seems so small now.

Not to me and millions of his fans. And YES, he has millions of fans. What's frustrating is the way his manager handles publicy. The last release of his health was 7 days ago. He was supposed to start walking. WTF happened? Nobody knows. Now, here is the question, would Kubica be fighting for the wins? And no, this question DOES NOT get boring...

I'm sticking to my guns. Heidfeld is still boring. Sometimes boring pays off (when everyone around you develops car problems / collides).

My opinion of him was not made in Australia. It was made after years of watching him pootle around doing absolutely nothing. Remember people - he has been in F1 before Australia and I was writing him off before Australia (not after).

Saying all that - he got my DOD because he did put the renault on the podium - bravo to him for that. As I say - sometimes boring pays off.

Last of all - Petrov knows how NOT to be boring - he'd rather throw 4 pts away for a spectacular crash. Now that's entertainment! :clap3:

Boring, yes. As bad as people make out? No chance :P

Not to me and millions of his fans. And YES, he has millions of fans. What's frustrating is the way his manager handles publicy. The last release of his health was 7 days ago. He was supposed to start walking. WTF happened? Nobody knows. Now, here is the question, would Kubica be fighting for the wins? And no, this question DOES NOT get boring...

He wouldn't be fighting for wins. He would have been, all things being equal, slightly further up the road in both races but not enough for a position.

Great driving by Nick and let's be frank...Petrov was looking at a top 10 without the steering wheel issue. Renault has been very competitive through 2 races.

I'm not getting this 'Heidfeld is boring' line that seems to follow him around. How is the boringness being measured? Sure he's not Mr Rock 'n' Roll, I don't think I've ever heard of him throwing a TV out of a hotel room, but then I've never heard of any driver, in the modern age, doing the same. Most, if not all, F1 drivers are boring, it's a fact. If by boring you mean that he does his job with the minimum of fuss and is more interested in briefing his engineers so as to improve the car rather than shagging a Pussycat Doll; or doing an anti dandruff shampoo ad; or bitching to the team during a race that the car isn't working; or bitching to the team during a race questioning why they've changed strategy, thereby washing your hands of all responsibility of the decision; or telling your race engineer that you don't want any further information and you don't want to talk anymore to him; if that is the standard then he is boring.

I'm only seeing the feed and journalism from a British perspective, maybe the German TV and media has a different spin on things, but it is easy to categorise and pigeon hole drivers based on the lazy journalism that we can be subjected to.

Sure Heidfeld inherited his overall position; every driver in the pitlane has inherited positions, and sometimes wins, and championships, due to others misfortunes or coming togethers; there is no shame in that, it's part of racing and it's accepted. It's just the spin that is atributed to events after the race that is subjective and can influence the story of the race and thereby categorise a driver in the minds of the public. For example Prost claimed many victories in the final third of a race because he was mechanically sympathetic to the machinery and the tyres whilst others fell by the wayside. He, quite rightly, is held up as one of the all time greats of F1.

Heidfeld ain't boring and he ain't no slouch either. I have a sense that history is re-writing itself with regards to the relative performance of Kubica and Heidfeld. There wasn't much to seperate them at BMW and I and others have mentioned in other threads on this forum. But as it looks more unlikely that Kubica will return to F1 (and if he does will the same level of performance be there) it now seems that RK is being hailed as a greater driver than he was. I would say he was only slightly faster than Heildfeld over a season. At the end of last season Petrov was steadily closing the gap to RK in terms of performance in quali and race. He might well of put him under a bit more pressure this year, then we would have seen whether RK made fewer errors than the others, which is another vertue that RK fans spout.

Heidfeld is quiet out of the c#ckpit and useful when in it, arguably inferior to Kubica. Petrov has done well, possibly not as well as Kubica would have done. Impossible to speculate whether Kubica would have been forced into making mistakes by a potentially more challenging Petrov.

Making judgements about whether a driver is boring or otherwise is ridiculous. It has no bearing on their ability to drive.

Is this an F1 forum or 'Heat' magazine? I sometimes wonder....

If anyone thinks (as some do) that I was refering to Heidfeld as a boring "person", then please let me disabuse you of that belief. I really couldn't give rats arse about the driver's "personalities" and never have.

When I refer to Heifeld as boring I mean in the car - i.e. the way he approaches and carries out his job as an F1 driver.

He has never done anything of note. No great overtakes, no brilliant (or even novel) strategy decisions, no spectacular crashes, no excellent performances above a car's potential - a totally uninspiring performance at every race I've ever seen him in.

In all the years I have watched Heidfeld I have never seen him risk anything for a better end result. He is happy with whatever position he ends up in after lap 2 and just stays there. He has not one iota of determination to do anything other than safely pootle around for the rest of the race.

If all drivers drove like Heidfeld there would be no point having races longer than 5 laps as after 70 we would all be bored to death.

I challange anyone - Name one exciting or outstanding thing he has ever done on track. I can think of at least one (usually several) on track moment that stand out in every other driver's career. I can name two brilliant drives from Perez already and he's only been in F1 for two races!

Heidfeld has competed in 176 F1 races and I can't think of one even vaguely inspiring performance.

That is what I find boring.

If anyone thinks (as some do) that I was refering to Heidfeld as a boring "person", then please let me disabuse you of that belief. I really couldn't give rats arse about the driver's "personalities" and never have.

When I refer to Heifeld as boring I mean in the car - i.e. the way he approaches and carries out his job as an F1 driver.

He has never done anything of note. No great overtakes, no brilliant (or even novel) strategy decisions, no spectacular crashes, no excellent performances above a car's potential - a totally uninspiring performance at every race I've ever seen him in.

In all the years I have watched Heidfeld I have never seen him risk anything for a better end result. He is happy with whatever position he ends up in after lap 2 and just stays there. He has not one iota of determination to do anything other than safely pootle around for the rest of the race.

If all drivers drove like Heidfeld there would be no point having races longer than 5 laps as after 70 we would all be bored to death.

I challange anyone - Name one exciting or outstanding thing he has ever done on track. I can think of at least one (usually several) on track moment that stand out in every other driver's career. I can name two brilliant drives from Perez already and he's only been in F1 for two races!

Heidfeld has competed in 176 F1 races and I can't think of one even vaguely inspiring performance.

It was only on sunday that Heidfeld risked everything at the start, then overtook Hamilton to risk even more and finished with a fine result. This, from a driver who has been out of the loop for quite sometime. What's wrong with your short term memory?

It was only on sunday that Heidfeld risked everything at the start, then overtook Hamilton to risk even more and finished with a fine result. This, from a driver who has been out of the loop for quite sometime. What's wrong with your short term memory?

That's not like you Dribs. Tut tut.

I specifically talked about "after lap 2" because anything can and usually does happen at the start of a GP.

Every driver makes the best start they can.

After that Nick did nothing of note - as always.

Plenty - but not on this occasion. ;)

I agree with SG, mostly.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_VLdPDo6mP4

Plenty of overtakes around the outside here, and after the second lap, too :P

The reason you can't think of any exciting moments is because you already have an opinion of him, so when he does do something good or something which doesn't fit your opinion, you don't register it because it's only Heidfeld, whereas if someone else had done the same you'd think 'that was a decent move', or whatever.

Well quite clearly you're not saying that based on any objective criteria. It's based on some deeply held personal opinion, some weird grudge or just another example of the lack of substance in your posts when discussing, well, anything. No excellent conditions above a car's potential? This was the guy dragging Sauber to the podium? I odn't quite know where the spectacular-ness of the crashes comes in - it seems as relevant as the driver's looks, but really,

isn't spectacular enough for you?? Does this qualify as an 'exciting or outstanding' thing since you mentioned 'spectacular crashes' which seems to be important to you (ever hear of this thing called NASCAR? you might enjoy it..). Anyway, so will you admit you are wrong, or pull a maure?

Right now you're just posting ignorant drivel.

The claim that Heidfeld hasn't been involved in any exciting overtaking moves is a valid point as long as you take into consideration that the majority of drivers who raced with him did not perform many exciting overtaking manoeuvres as well. For all of Heidfeld's F1 career we had strategies built around refuelling pit stops and the majority of drivers would simply hope to have a couple of laps extra fuel over a rival, put in their fast laps after the guy in front had pitted, and if all things worked correctly, you'd have jumped him in the pits. It happened race after race for year after year. We were living off starvation rations in terms of excitment. Hopefully those days are in the past and we should enjoy what we have been presented with over these last few years and hopefully this includes 2011.

That's not like you Dribs. Tut tut.

I specifically talked about "after lap 2" because anything can and usually does happen at the start of a GP.

Every driver makes the best start they can.

After that Nick did nothing of note - as always.

Plenty - but not on this occasion. ;)

Just so we are clear then; In your opinion, a driver can risk it all at the start of a race but it means nothing because a race does not start proper until lap 2? Yes, anything can happen, but only if a driver makes it happen. You think he just cruised into second place because he lucked it?

And don't try that patronising 'tut tut' bull sh!t with me, matey. You p!ssed me right off with that.

One race result does not a legend make. I will wait until the close of the season before I cast my opinions on the performances of the drivers.

He might win the World Championship and I won't rate him as an exciting racing driver unless he puts me at the edge of the chair other than just for holding up masterfully other drivers or passing a few cars at the start of a Grand Prix. I understand why many teams would like to have Heidfeld sitting in one car but I don't care enough to have a serious debate about Heidfeld.

Name one exciting or outstanding thing he has ever done on track.

Well arseface, in 2006 on the night of the race he did an unpleasant number 2 on the second Lesmo after a dodgy pizza. :)

That was outstanding! Especially as he was mooning out of the passenger window of the safety car going 90MPH at the time.

Video on www.iamaboringdriverbutiSh#tlikeacheetah.com :D

And don't try that patronising 'tut tut' bull sh!t with me, matey. You p!ssed me right off with that.

There, there Dribs. Now you go sit down and I'll get Adam to sit on the naughty step and think hard about what he has done :D