Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

D O D Malaysiyaaaaa

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was it then...

Lots of nominations for me today...

Heidfeld - Solid performance - boring and lucky that Webber, Alonso and Hamilton all had problems that gave him the podium. anywho - only fair to give him a DOD shout.

Button - Good things come to those that wait. Somewhat fortunate to end in 2nd, but still a respectable performance and Macca will be pleased to have both their drivers ready to pick up points when needed.

Kobayashi - Loved his various battles today - possibly the most entertaining of all.

di Resta - For putting the FI in the points and beating his team mate in his second race when he didn't even get to drive first practice - bravo.

Vettel - This is kind of a joint DOD for last week and this. Neither drive was spectacular and both were aided by having the best car on the grid underneath him, but still he hasn't put a foot wrong, so he deserves a shout.

Honorable mention (but not DOD nomination) goes to Webber for battling on when his race was compromised from the start. He fought hard for his 4th place.

Yes Alonso best driver ever. Stupid people getting in his way forcing him to crash into them. So that's two woeful performances in the last three races, can't wait till the end of the season when people with short memories will tell us how he was incredible all year.

I'll go for Heidfeld, because he was under pressure from those who wrote him off as useless after one race, and delivered the car onto the podium.

Kobay was good too and Webber was resilient.

Button, Webber, Heidfeld, Massa (in no paticular order): Button and Massa had to fight for once and both came out alright for once. Maybe they can learn a new trick after all. After that, Button's boring style brought back the results he always bemoans he doesn't get. See? You can be clean and tidy but you also have to fight if you want results! If you learn both then you will be a bigger, better Lewis no doubt. Massa...well look at him go! He was very unlucky yet he fought back a la Nando only with less mistakes for once! As for Webber, another gritted teeth race for him FWIW he got something back for a change. NH would have got one of his usual "I got a lot by actualy running in the middle of nowhere while chaos ensued all around me" except he had to fight more than he was used to and showed a lot of guts as well especially with Webber at the end. Not that Webber could do much as his car was almost destroyed by then but also must have been Heidfeld's yet the guy hang up there. Just as expected and then some! Special mentions to Schumi, Koba, Petrov (yay!)

Lewis: great show, great diving but, geez, they TOLD you to look after your tires!

Alonso: Come on! What's with the banzai moves? That crash was totally uncalled for and an act of desperation! You idiot! What are you? Massa's Monobrowed Brother? Be glad you ended up 6th! :furious:

Good job by DiResta and lots of wacky races moves all around the field.

A huge booh to the marshals for the stop and go to Buemi and to a lesser degree for the penalties to Lewis and Alonso.

A good race that had me hooked this morning. I hope it's an example of what we can expect throughout the rest of the year.

My DoD is going to go to Webber for his shear persistence throughout the race. It would have been easy for him to get in a negative mindset before the race had even begun when he discovered that he had no KERS for the start and likely for the whole of the race. He hung in there even when everyone was passing him in the first lap. He stabalised his position and then started working through the field. He had the advantage of Alonso and Hamilton coming together to gain some extra places.

It was a close call for DOD. Vettel was supreme again. Button kept Hamilton honest and eventually bested him in the race. Lewis was angry at the post race press pack. Wonder if this is the tyre issue that everyone suspected might be his weakness this year coming into play. If so he could be in for a disappointing season ahead of him if he cannot adapt his driving style and manage his tyres more effectively.

Heidfled had a fantastic start and didn't let any of the criticism he received after Australia affect him. People should remember that Kubica may have got the better of him at BMW but Heidfeld he was not that far behind and he sometimes beat Kubica in the races. It was never so cut and dried as people make it out to be between the two of them.

Roll on China. I think Petrov has just landed there now. He's keen.

Heidfeld did a great job today. Fantastic start and held his own against Webber who had fresher tyres at the end.

Yes Alonso best driver ever. Stupid people getting in his way forcing him to crash into them. So that's two woeful performances in the last three races, can't wait till the end of the season when people with short memories will tell us how he was incredible all year.

Too early for the Alonso GOAT signs then!? Haha. Oh the nut huggers will be around sure enough saying how great a year it was, how great he was at driving a dog all year blah blah blah. 2007 was the only year I was supporting the guy, but only as a #2 if my man Kimi hadn't nailed it.

I havn't bothered to read up much on his or Hammy's 20s penalties, but after seeing his crash into Lewis, my immediate thought was what a waste of effort and time. A bit more patience and he'd have passed him soon anyway.

Vettel.

Compare his management of KERS, tires and the constant threat of the McLarens with anything Mark could do. He made it look way too easy, creating the illusion that it was.

I´m very pleased with all rookie´s drive! All of them are driving better than rookies of every other season. Even Koba (almost a rookie) took old Micheal for a his deserved sunday ride befere they can´t let him out of the asylum anymore!

Many drivers showed strong performances yesterday with the disastrous Pirelli P-FIA tyres: but I give the DOD to Webber because he drove masterly against all odds!

I think the pressure of the Ferrari drive is getting to him, and his failure last year is just adding to that pressure. Part of what made him so hard to beat in 2005 and 2006 was that he didn't make a whole lot of mistakes, and since the McLaren debacle of 2007 I don't think he's ever really shown the same brilliance as consistently as before, and he makes too many mistakes.

As for DoD... Heidfeld.

Vettel gets my vote. Sure, he has the fastest car on the grid but so does Webber and we all see where that got him. I would at least mention Kovalainen, he really did a fantastic job with the Lotus.

Button,Heidfeld and Massa in no particular order.Well maybe Massa first,he was one of the ones that made the race 'exciting'.

I think the pressure of the Ferrari drive is getting to him, and his failure last year is just adding to that pressure. Part of what made him so hard to beat in 2005 and 2006 was that he didn't make a whole lot of mistakes, and since the McLaren debacle of 2007 I don't think he's ever really shown the same brilliance as consistently as before, and he makes too many mistakes.

As for DoD... Heidfeld.

Alonso made plenty of mistakes in '05 and '06, his reputation was mainly founded on the incompetence of his teammate.

[quote name='cavallino' timestamp='1302582165' post='333382']
Alonso made plenty of mistakes in '05 and '06, his reputation was mainly founded on the incompetence of his teammate.
[/quote]

You are such a sh!t stirrer! :rolleyes: I guess his reputation has nothing to do with going head to head with Schumacher, and beating him? (and yes, I know Michael's '05 Ferrari was a dog).

Button. Even though Andres STILL talks Sh#t about him being boring. I think if Button tied himself to the back of the car and drove it at the same time, with his knob, Andres would still call it boring because he's a stubborn old b#####d who is bald with it.

:P :P

But he still has nice eyes. Boring though :P :P

I think if Button tied himself to the back of the car and drove it at the same time, with his knob, Andres would still call it boring...

Ah, you are referring to McLarens latest innovation,the 'Willy Activated Naked Kinetic Energy Recovery System'?

As for DoD... Heidfeld.

It is easy to understand: when you push you are prone to mistake. Sooner or later. Take for example Jenson Button: he pushhed very hard in Australia to overtake Massa and he made a mistake. He took a more conservative approach in Malasya and he made no mistake, obvious. Every driver trying to reach the limits had made mistakes and surely will. Nando´s error was due to the inmense performance variability of the Pirelli tyres. Last year Bridge tyres were very consistent not to mention more lasting. Today tyres are too fast or too slow with 15 laps in between.

But that´s the way FIA like it... aha, aha!:banana: