Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

China Gland Plea - Flea Plaque Tease, Quarrying & Lace

What happened to Webber? He only completed 5 laps in P3.

He decided to stay there so he can't complain, he knew what the team was expecting from him for 2011. He looks like the guinea pig of the team, his KERS cathed fire and I may well be wrong but it's hard to believe they're providing both drivers with the same equipment so far.

Too bad about Schu's blunder, but I guess the car's got enough pace for him to finish in the points.

Hamilton will find it difficult to beat Button in this race unless the latter fluffs up the start. The latter seems to have got down his set-up okay.

Vettel should win in a canter.

Good show by Toro Rosso & Di Resta.

The start could be really interesting tomorrow. The key is for the Maccas to get in front of Vettel at Turn 1 and put him under pressure. If he's not in front, his day is always compromised. His racecraft is still shabby. In a lesser car he would look extremely ordinary to my mind. Whe he has to fight for places, he either crashes into people or loses motivation. He's not a good racer at all. Button knows that, as does Hamilton and they need to capitalise on it.

Shame about Petrov's troubles - he could have been up in the top 5.

Webber - it never rains but it pours.

Vettel looking good for the win again with the podium pretty much decided.

As LabRacer said - good job STR and Di Resta.

I would have liked to see the Saubers in better shape - guess Shanghai doesn't suit them as much.

The start could be really interesting tomorrow. The key is for the Maccas to get in front of Vettel at Turn 1 and put him under pressure. If he's not in front, his day is always compromised. His racecraft is still shabby. In a lesser car he would look extremely ordinary to my mind. Whe he has to fight for places, he either crashes into people or loses motivation. He's not a good racer at all. Button knows that, as does Hamilton and they need to capitalise on it.

This is true enough, but RB can just tell Vettel to wait for the pits. He's capable enough of putting in a couple of quick laps on new tyres and overtaking the Maccas given the car he's in.

If one of the Maccas pass Vettel at the star we'd have a very interesting race. If then Alonso gets in the fight for the podium too it could be epic. With Massa too fighting it would be dangerous but it could be the best race of the season.

If Vettel wins, the title would be nearly in his pocket.

This is true enough, but RB can just tell Vettel to wait for the pits. He's capable enough of putting in a couple of quick laps on new tyres and overtaking the Maccas given the car he's in.

Thats what I was thinking too. and with the RB looking so well after it's tyres....

If one of the Maccas pass Vettel at the star we'd have a very interesting race. If then Alonso gets in the fight for the podium too it could be epic. With Massa too fighting it would be dangerous but it could be the best race of the season.

If Vettel wins, the title would be nearly in his pocket.

Not quite in his pocket, but certainly his finger is idling along the table top, trying to look all nonchalant and innocent, ready to grab the title sitting on the table and five-finger discounting it into his pocket.

He needs seven wins, and then he can hold on for the title...much like Button did. But I can't really see RBR going backwards like Brawn did.

Did you know he is only a few wins away from equaling the most wins in a row....currently held by Herr Schumacher and Senor Ascari at SEVEN races in a row....Vettel will be on FIVE if he wins tomorrow. I think, just as an aside, it will be interesting to see if he can do it...take seven or eight races. Obviously this is a hard record to break as it was a long time between drinks between Ascari and Schumacher.

Not quite in his pocket, but certainly his finger is idling along the table top, trying to look all nonchalant and innocent, ready to grab the title sitting on the table and five-finger discounting it into his pocket.

He needs seven wins, and then he can hold on for the title...much like Button did. But I can't really see RBR going backwards like Brawn did.

Did you know he is only a few wins away from equaling the most wins in a row....currently held by Herr Schumacher and Senor Ascari at SEVEN races in a row....Vettel will be on FIVE if he wins tomorrow. I think, just as an aside, it will be interesting to see if he can do it...take seven or eight races. Obviously this is a hard record to break as it was a long time between drinks between Ascari and Schumacher.

and Vettel is one who breaks records, hope my man does it!

I think 25 points per win is a good thing when there isn't a dominant team. It's a problem when there's a car much faster than the rest but bearable if there's a fight between the two teammates. And it's a championship spoiler when there's a dominant driver. With 5 wins the Championship would be totally sealed.

I only know I hadn't seen such a dominant car two years in a row, nearly 3, since a long long time and I hadn't seen such a dominant driver since Schumacher in 2004.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90761 :errrrrr:

I thought Ascari had 9 on the bounce, and 2 WDC to boot. He's still the last Italian to win the title. Itlay's worse at making world championship drivers than England is at putting together a football team that can mount a serious challenge in a World Cup or European Championship.

I think Ascari's other two, if he did win another two, would have been non championship F1 races...so they don't count.

Can anyone find the answer to this? 7 or 9 for Ascari? Where's DOF when you need him :P

Here we go:

"During the 1952 and 1953 World Championship seasons, Ascari won 9 World Championship Grands Prix in succession. Note that to arrive at the statistic of 9 successive races requires the exclusion of the 1953 Indianapolis 500. This caveat is usually permitted on the basis that the Indianapolis 500, whilst a round of the World Championship, was run to a different formula from the other World Championship events, and very few of the regular World Championship teams and drivers competed at Indianapolis and vice versa (Ascari's participation in the 1952 Indianapolis race being one of the few exceptions)"

So it's one of those records like Barrichello's where they couldn't decide if a GP race = just being there for the weekend. They weren't sure if he had the most GP's because he hadn't qualified for one or two early on??? Can't remember the exact hubbub.

So the "official" record is 7, as he didn't win the Indy 500, which was a championship round, but not counted as a championship round in the stats....but now it is counted as a championship race to get to seven wins....my head hurts.... :P

So...Vettel ties Schumi at 7...and kinda ties Ascari, but can claim outright ownership at 10 races....so six more to go.....or is that 4? :eusa_think:

I've deleted my original post after studying the info I have to had about Ascari.

I still have him winning 9 races on the bounce from 1952 to 1953. Only some of these races counted towards the championship, however, the races themselves would have consisted of a full competitive field so I am prepared to credit Ascari with all 9 victories whether they counted towards the overall championship standings or did not.

He has one of the all time greats. Why hasn't Italy produced another like him in all these years?

Seems Mark Webber & Schu have decided to have a lion's share of the mech problems. Webber with KERS, and Schu with malfunctioning wing at end of Q2. Hope both of them manage to scythe through the field tomorrow.

Yeah Ascari did do 9 on the bounce and two of those were for races where the points did not count towards the final championship standings. In 1952 he won in Britain but it did not count and in 1953 he won in Belgium but it did not count. The Belgian victory was the last one of his consecutive victories, but he did win another two races in that season.

Those non-championship wins would still have been against a full competitve field, so in my world's view I'm prepared to count them as legitimate wins. I'm sure Ascari will be pleased to know this.

Well since you are both ghosts you can discuss it in depth with each other.

Seems Mark Webber & Schu have decided to have a lion's share of the mech problems. Webber with KERS, and Schu with malfunctioning wing at end of Q2. Hope both of them manage to scythe through the field tomorrow.

Another malfunctioning wing?

Well I guess it's better than blaming the tyres...

I would have thought missing his braking point on turn 14 was what screwed it up for him....:eusa_think:

Another malfunctioning wing?

Well I guess it's better than blaming the tyres...

I would have thought missing his braking point on turn 14 was what screwed it up for him....:eusa_think:

Yes, I too thought he was to blame for going wide. He & Brawn are saying he went wide on account of the wing. I hope it's a genuine reason.

But the wing resets when you hit the brake.....ergo QED ipso facto colombo oreo...he must have missed his braking point.

Without being privy to their data, nor a video shot of the car from the outside, we can't blindly believe everything they say....:naughty: