Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

China Gland Plea - Flea Plaque Tease, Quarrying & Lace

I don't agree, it was pretty obvious that three stops was the way to go, and if Rosberg didn't have the underfuelling problem (WTF, what team gives you less fuel than needed to finish a race and overtake 2 cars??) he could have won. Also Button should have finished second... but well, if not for his stupid mistake he would have, so it's punishment enough.

And look at Webber!! OK, he had fresh option tires, but c'mon, he started 18th!

Outstanding drives by Hamilton & Webber. Too bad we didn't get to see the scrap between Schumi & Alonso in the dying laps. Another lap, and Schumi would have overtaken him. Not a bad performance from Schumi. Massa did ok.

Good heavens are you praising Schumacher? You are inviting the wrath of the clique!

The interesting thing this year is the difference between the race and qualifying. And also the Pirellis and the new rules have changed teammate equations. Button despite today is looking like a match for Lewis again. Schumacher's come alive, he has at least matched Rosberg in pretty much every season, they are very very even on pace. Rosberg has a slight edge over one lap and qualifying, Schumacher tends to have better overall race pace - he was 28 seconds behind at one point but finished stronger. Massa is back, reiterating my point that when Massa is fast, he is very fast. Sutil can't keep up with a rookie. Kobayashi isn't looking as good as he used to.

most certainly b, but let's not forget that we also have the return of KERS and the all new DRS this year - all these new techs add to the show.

Today's race was helped by the top few teams going a different way on strategy.

Poochie let Petrov and Heidfeld down today. They should have pulled them both in earlier - they both lost a lot of places at the end of each stint.

The 2 stopper was probably the best choice, but Hamilton made the 3 stopper work by driving the wheels off his Macca every lap of the race - which is probably the kind of strategy he likes.

I was really hoping Button could hold Webber off (more points for my ppp) but it wasn't to be. Kudos to Webber for a great fight back.

Webber is always a danger when he's down the grid....and his three stopper certainly helped....brave move to go hard from the start then soften off....ew er...

RBR will still be strong though...lets not forget that...Webber was 7.5secs behind at the end, and it would have taken almost all of that to pass the line from the lights....this race may have been the blip...we shall see soon enough I guess....

Strange....my results show that he finished 17.6 seconds behind him....so yes, you are 110% right, as always, Cav, my buddy, old pal.

I guess that can be explain but the grid position at the start of the race and the bad pit stop that Schumi had.

I don't agree, it was pretty obvious that three stops was the way to go, and if Rosberg didn't have the underfuelling problem (WTF, what team gives you less fuel than needed to finish a race and overtake 2 cars??) he could have won. Also Button should have finished second... but well, if not for his stupid mistake he would have, so it's punishment enough.

Rosberg wasn't underfuelled, just a bit tight for fuel. He didn't have the pace to win. Button wasn't as fast as his teammate.

I don't think any of the teams expected that race to be so racey...the only teams backing off on the engines were those right down the back. Been a very long time since the top 12 have been on the nail from the flag.

Best race in years...from everyone.

Strange....my results show that he finished 17.6 seconds behind him....so yes, you are 110% right, as always, Cav, my buddy, old pal.

After starting 14th, and he was about 28 seconds behind at one point, I meant he was doing better lap times when they were both in clean air. Too late for you to start trying to be objective and cite actual numbers, because you were too busy trolling to actually observe the race and live timing.

I don't think any of the teams expected that race to be so racey...the only teams backing off on the engines were those right down the back. Been a very long time since the top 12 have been on the nail from the flag.

Best race in years...from everyone.

You can say taht twice and mean it, here is 5:00am and I don't feel any sleepy after this race.

I guess that can be explain but the grid position at the start of the race and the bad pit stop that Schumi had.

BAd pitstop? At the start? What happened, I missed thefirst 12 laps.

I'm just so wrapped with Webber's performance. Reminded me of Kimi Suzuka 05.

So we spot him, what, five seconds, tops....I dunno....pity that is in the world of IF's and MAYBE's....just like Jens....IF only he knew McLaren had whiteish overalls (hint Jense, look down at your own overalls), MAYBE he could have won...

Schumacher's come alive, he has at least matched Rosberg in pretty much every season, they are very very even on pace. Rosberg has a slight edge over one lap and qualifying, Schumacher tends to have better overall race pace - he was 28 seconds behind at one point but finished stronger.

Indeed. If Schumi's run of bad luck in quali (as in mech problems) get over, then even if he qualifies behind Rosie in Q3, he'll acquit himself very well.

I'm just so wrapped with Webber's performance. Reminded me of Kimi Suzuka 05.

Good race by him, for sure....really had the bit between his teeth at the end there....passed quite a few in that last stanza.

With some kind of order:

Yes, Schumi did well, let's not forget that Rosberg looked strong but in the end finished one spot behind his grid position (Mercedes are stupid, by the way, they could have won this). Schumi had a great start, some entertaining on-track battles and Alonso might curse him in his sleep tonight xD

Massa: better than Alonso. Wrong strategy though, I'm surprised Ferrari didn't do a "3 stops for number 2, 2 stops for number 1" strategy and he would have finished better. How many races is it now that Massa has overtaken Alonso at the start?

Button: dumbest mistake I remember right now, and you'd think that watching Massa so many years would make something come to mind. Also, couldn't overtake Massa for ages!

Webber: completely unbelievable, at first he was so far back that I didn't even remember his stops and at the end I found myself wondering if he was doing so well because he still had one to make. Amazing race, and give him a KERS already, poor guy xD

Vettel: bad start, wrong strategy, did well to hold off the McLarens at first but in the end he could only wait for the inevitable.

Hamilton: made the race really fun! Overtaking Button, his usual "take care of the tires" messages making us wonder if he really does so badly on them xDD

Heidfeld: uhmmmmmm

Petrov: uhmm too but better than Heidfeld xD

Di Resta: did well :)

BAd pitstop? At the start? What happened, I missed thefirst 12 laps.

I mean teh grid position as he started far behind from Rosberg and is always several seconds once the cars get aligned.

With some kind of order:

Yes, Schumi did well, let's not forget that Rosberg looked strong but in the end finished one spot behind his grid position (Mercedes are stupid, by the way, they could have won this). Schumi had a great start, some entertaining on-track battles and Alonso might curse him in his sleep tonight xD

Massa: better than Alonso. Wrong strategy though, I'm surprised Ferrari didn't do a "3 stops for number 2, 2 stops for number 1" strategy and he would have finished better. How many races is it now that Massa has overtaken Alonso at the start?

Button: dumbest mistake I remember right now, and you'd think that watching Massa so many years would make something come to mind. Also, couldn't overtake Massa for ages!

Webber: completely unbelievable, at first he was so far back that I didn't even remember his stops and at the end I found myself wondering if he was doing so well because he still had one to make. Amazing race, and give him a KERS already, poor guy xD

Vettel: bad start, wrong strategy, did well to hold off the McLarens at first but in the end he could only wait for the inevitable.

Hamilton: made the race really fun! Overtaking Button, his usual "take care of the tires" messages making us wonder if he really does so badly on them xDD

Heidfeld: uhmmmmmm

Petrov: uhmm too but better than Heidfeld xD

Di Resta: did well :)

Agree with most of your observations. :)

And by the way, your avatar pic has some mark at the top right. I spent a minute trying to clean my monitor thinking it had a dirt mark. When I scrolled....!!!

After starting 14th, and he was about 28 seconds behind at one point, I meant he was doing better lap times when they were both in clean air. Too late for you to start trying to be objective and cite actual numbers, because you were too busy trolling to actually observe the race and live timing.

Damn it...I knew I shouldn't have watched the damn race and seen who finished where...I should have been gassing off about speeds during the race when it's so obvious that matters much more than where you finish...damn it damn it damn it....I so totally got the whole premise of auto racing wrong...how can this be...oh woe...oh woe...oh woe.....but thanks for pointing that out my good buddy, old pal...i shall forever more now look only at the times that respective drivers do on lap 31 and from there award the points....you gotta wonder why Bernie has never realised this either....quick...someone send a fax to him!

Oh really? Today was a day I thought Alonso should give up - outclassed by Massa who by all accounts is useless and cheating with his DRS wing, he should get a 20 second penalty.

What do you mean by cheating with his DRS wing?

You think Alonso shouldn't have been born since he beat Schumacher.

Alonso should give up why again? He was outclassed by Massa, still finished just one position behind him and ahead of Schumacher, on a day Alonso never had the pace, on a car probably on par with Renault and Mercedes, on one of Alonso's dullest races ever? Enjoy your day.

Very good race. Hamilton and Webber did make it thrilling. The rest boring, all of them.

YES SCHUMACHER TOO BORING CHEATING GERMAN b#####d!!!!

Alonso should give up why again? He was outclassed by Massa, still finished just one position behind him and ahead of Schumacher, on a day Alonso never had the pace, on a car probably on par with Renault and Mercedes, on one of Alonso's dullest races ever? Enjoy your day.

Very good race. Hamilton and Webber did make it thrilling. The rest boring, all of them.

Schumacher was going quite fast on lap 28. That is all we need to know. Hence forth and forever after.

Incredible GP, one of the best in years.

Lewis... Once again showed that he is probably the best overtaker in the business, one of his best drives since the German GP win in 2008

Jenson... A serious WTF moment in the pits. Good in quali, but strangely his tyres fell off more quickly than Lewis's did, just didn't have the long run pace

Seb... Just didn't seem to have the ballistic pace advantage he had at the first 2 races, regardless of strategy. Did well to keep second given his drop off in pace at the end of both of his stints

Webber... Awesome drive, although I believe aided by the fact that he had more fresh tyres

Massa... He's coming back, could have finished higher if he'd 3 stopped

Alonso... DRS error was a glitch, not cheating otherwise it would have been investigated. I don't like him much myself, but to call him a cheat when it was clearly a glitch , and he gained nothing from it is stupid. Not performing well though at the moment, certainly needs to raise his game.

Rosberg... Good performance, aided by good strategic calls, but never realistically had the speed to win

Schumi... Level of performance is still improving, if he could qualify a bit closer to Rosberg, he'd match him better in the races.

And other stuff of note... Renault never really showed the speed they carried in the first 2 races, poor performance all round for them really. And unlike Malaysia, Ferrari appeared to be just as far off McLaren and Red Bull in race pace as they did in qualifying this time around. They clearly have a lot of work to do. And Red Bull REALLY need to get their KERS system working properly soon, otherwise they are going to start losing ground, they really can't afford to be lacking the extra 80hp on the straights. Reliability level was also very impressive, only 1 retirement and that was caused by a mistake in the pits rather than a mechanical failure.

If racing continues like this, we could be in for a great season, and it's just a massive relief to see that RBR and Vettel aren't invincible. Bring on Turkey!

Jenson caught a bout of Hamiltonitis, buggering his rears, while Lewis won with a fine showing of Buttonitis - preserving his tyres well. he also had fresh slick in hand. A great racing drive from him. Jenson said he was looking down when he boxed. Maybe he was checking the state of his er,......... equipment after a surprise visit from Jessica. He usually drives like a twat when she's around. Webber showed there is a lot of life in the old dog yeat and Vettel confirmed my recently published misgivings about his ability to win if he doesn't get away in the lead. Hats off to JB for a great start. It triggered the best GP I have seen for many years.

EDIT: Typo

Tsk tsk calm down why are Alonso fans so personally invested in their driver? They showed on TV here how Alonso activated his DRS in a place he isn't allowed to when he was right behind Schumacher, I am not making it up. Neither Alonso nor Schumacher should give up, I was just making a jibe on Alonso since you made one on Schumacher yesterday after qualifying saying you felt he should give up.

Damn it...I knew I shouldn't have watched the damn race and seen who finished where...I should have been gassing off about speeds during the race when it's so obvious that matters much more than where you finish...damn it damn it damn it....I so totally got the whole premise of auto racing wrong...how can this be...oh woe...oh woe...oh woe.....but thanks for pointing that out my good buddy, old pal...i shall forever more now look only at the times that respective drivers do on lap 31 and from there award the points....you gotta wonder why Bernie has never realised this either....quick...someone send a fax to him!

Takes more than reading the finishing positions to figure out how well someone is driving. Anyway you're just trying to score brownie points, I can't be bothered. I wish some of the members who actually have an interest in the sport would post again.