Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eduan

Who Will Be Your Top 3 Finishers For The Chinese Gp

Who do you think will finish on the poduim? Will China spring a surprise and deliver a new winner? Give your thought and predictions here!

Who do you think will finish on the poduim? Will China spring a surprise and deliver a new winner? Give your thought and predictions here!

Can you post a link to it first?

Thank you.

Busy!!!

1. Vettel

2. Button

3. Webber

I think with the Pirelli tires and how fast they degrade, being easy on your tires is important unless you are driving a Red Bull. Mind you, I still have no loyalties to any one driver but I do find myself rooting for the Force India's. I'd imagine it's the whole underdog thing as well as the livery or paint job as the folks talk around where I am from.

Talking about Force Indias, we were discussing in their launch thread that they seem to be quite invisible because they are solidly in the midfield, and it's really like that. For example today Di Resta did very well, and I didn't even know or remember that he scored points in both of the previous races. (Ok, he was 10th so that may be the reason, but still... )

It's a team with no "passion". Williams, McLaren, Ferrari all have "passion" - they inspire it in their fans. Sauber and Renault get kudo's as both have a steep racing history. Mercedes is noticed, because they are one of the largest car manufacturers in the world, and have been an engine supplier for a long time. Lotus is noticed because no matter where you stand on the whole name debate, the name Lotus inspires "passion", whether they are the real Lotus or not is beside the point.

RBR is noticed because they are winning championships, and Toro Rosso rides along on their coat tails.

HRT gets noticed because they are worse than Minardi, but Minardi inspired "passion".

Virgin is another non-existent team. Without the CFD approach they'd hardly get a mention. But they also fall into the same category with Force India. Neither is a team steeped in race history. Neither team name is associated directly with motorsport, let alone F1. Ask someone what Force India is, and you might get back a cricket team, or a strong wind from the sub-continent. Ask someone about Virgin, and you'll get back a record company and an airline.

If Force India was called Force Motorsport or something along those lines, at least then you get the association...the only association you get out of Force India, is the association with India, and depending on what you consider quality of life, you'll either go "thats a bit of a dirty place...wouldn't want to associate with that" or you might think the Taj Mahal or something along those lines...not once will you think motorsport.

Hence, they just don't register. Maybe in fifteen years they might, as then they will have a history, but at the moment they do not - not even in lower formula (F3000 etc prior to them entering F1).

And until they start getting regular podiums, or in the top five, then they'll just stay as that mid-field team with a poorly branded name.

One out of left field:

Button

Hamilton

Rosberg