Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

Driver Of The Day China 2011

Driver of the Day  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Hamilton
    • Webber

You're sooooo right, I'll go with Webber and he would be driver of the year if he had only managed to catch Vettel :D

Haha - both.

Plus the faster, younger, more beautiful, less geriatric merc driver German in the German car.

mark webber had a better day and i would consider him driver of the day. but driver of the weekend had to be hamilton. saving the tires, and all those overtakes he made were the difference. he proved today that jenson is not his equal. jenson can be a smoother driver but he's also slower and doesn't know how to overtake cars unless the conditions are absolutely perfect. i.e. hamilton following massa when passing petrov...jenson would not have done that. hamilton is a better racer.

my top 3 drivers of the day would be

1. Mark Webber

2. Lewis Hamilton

3. Heikki Kovalainen

no one seems to have noticed how well kovalainen did today. massa would have been in my top 3 if his last stint wasnt so poor. i understand his tires were fading but he started losing pace way too early. he lost pace 4-5 laps before vettel did.

mark webber had a better day and i would consider him driver of the day. but driver of the weekend had to be hamilton. saving the tires, and all those overtakes he made were the difference. he proved today that jenson is not his equal. jenson can be a smoother driver but he's also slower and doesn't know how to overtake cars unless the conditions are absolutely perfect. i.e. hamilton following massa when passing petrov...jenson would not have done that. hamilton is a better racer.

my top 3 drivers of the day would be

1. Mark Webber

2. Lewis Hamilton

3. Heikki Kovalainen

no one seems to have noticed how well kovalainen did today. massa would have been in my top 3 if his last stint wasnt so poor. i understand his tires were fading but he started losing pace way too early. he lost pace 4-5 laps before vettel did.

Nope, I saw he was up the list a bit....Lotus may get that car onto the back of the midfield yet. Ahead of both a Sauber and a Williams.

WTF is so wrong with Williams? Maybe Nico made a good move sitting on his butt in the pitlane instead of driving around in that car.....what happened with the rumour of Sam Michael being replaced?

Can't separate them. Both drove equally good races.

Call me Creosote from now on.

Amazing Hamilton!!!

Webber, not bad for a #2 driver.

Yes, but the best bit was when Mark (more or less) said in the press conference that it was great to see Lewis beat Sebastian. I voted only for Lewis in your poll until I remembered that.

Yes, but the best bit was when Mark (more or less) said in the press conference that it was great to see Lewis beat Sebastian. I voted only for Lewis in your poll until I remembered that.

I remembered too late didn't add Alonso to the poll.

I voted for the two b#####ds above too. :(

Well. Its not Jenson Button now is it. :shrug: :( :( :blush:

Good race, it was very entertaining.

Hamilton looked pretty smooth out there today, and the race was filled with some good passing moves.

Massa

Historically has held his own with the aging JV, MS, KR, and isn't being embarrased by Alonso, and heck he even hits his own pit marks. I can't think of one driver who has been challenged by so many greats in the same equipment, and performed so admirably. The perception about him on this forum though is still the same I see.

Hmmm . He seems to be the judging stick for other drivers. If you can't beat Massa, you better retire.

This race was very good, and it was inspiring to watch. Some strategy, passing for position, and lots of driver input are the kind of things I like to watch in a race.

Hamilton, Webber and Rosberg gets a special mention. Petrov as well for making me actually cheer for him when he battled against Alonso (too bad it was too short and too close to his own pitstop). Di Resta for having bought the #10 spot on the final grid. Perez for sharing the same style I have when racing on my computer (oh, man, there's no sweeter sound like that "thud" when steering in a corner and using the AI controlled cars as guard rails through the turn!)

Lewis. Webber's drive was impressive, but he was helped massively by having so many sets of brand new tyres.

You're sooooo right, I'll go with Webber and he would be driver of the year if he had only managed to catch Vettel :D

Honer's and Marko's face would have been priceless. :D

If Mark hadn't been held up in the first stint I believe he would have been ahead of Seb by the end of the race. The tyres didn't last as well as Pirelli had predicted, and 2 stops was just simply not the way to go.

Yeah; she's freaky and she's a smartarse, but she's also right. Webber gets DOD.

Both drivers deserve a pat on the back. Hamilton for winning and Webber for a sensational drive.

Did Webber do it without KERS? if that is the case, even better effort.

I think at the next race we will see more strategy around qualifying. Webber proved what an advantage it was to complete the race on the soft tyres. We might see drivers, in Q3 of Qualifying make an early flying lap on the Softs, before switching to the Hard compound. This would mean that they start on the Hard tyres and be able to get them out of the way. With the ability to overtake due to KERS and DRS, it makes this strategy possible.

If Mark hadn't been held up in the first stint I believe he would have been ahead of Seb by the end of the race. The tyres didn't last as well as Pirelli had predicted, and 2 stops was just simply not the way to go.

he wasnt being held up tho, he was just slow. kobayashi went around and re-passed him at one point cuz webber was driving so slowly.

2 stops was an ok strategy. the only ones that the 3 stops really worked well for were hamilton and webber. jenson lost time and up until near the end of the race he was still behind massa who was somewhere around 10-15 seconds behind him during the first stops so it didnt really work out for him. whether its a combination of his inability to pass other cars or not having a new set of primes is irrelevant. the 3 stopper didnt really gain him anything. in fact he lost out to vettel who was trailing him at the beginning of the race and did a 2 stop race.

rosberg's 3 stopper wasnt necessarily a better strategy either since he only beat massa by 2 seconds or so which is not really indicative of anything since rosberg was ahead of massa at the beginning of the race in the first stint anyways. i dont really see any problems with the 2 stop strategy, only webber and hamilton made the 3 stop strategy work. but that was mostly because hamilton had an extra set of tires and webber had 3. hamilton was near unstoppable today as he pretty much drove around everyone at will (except for massa passing him right before his first stop) and webber blitz the race with the best car on the grid and 3 new sets of tires. webber started way back and almost caught sebastian so u can say he was on a better strategy but u would also have to consider that he had 3 new sets of tires and clearly they were worth something like 2-3 seconds a lap. i'm not so sure that 3 stop strategy would have worked as well for him had he been on old tires which is what he would have had if he started in the top 10. vettel's strategy was potentially a race winning strategy that hamilton spoiled with a spectacular drive. so im not going to say that 3 stops was a lot better cuz button proved otherwise as he was on a 3 stop strategy and leading the race but ended up 4th.

another example can be seen with pastor maldonaldo's 3 stopper. heikki beat him on a 2 stop strategy with a slower car.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about Jenson pitting on the Red Bull spot.

I felt suicidal. For 0.0001 seconds. :lol:

Well. We have the conspirators point of view. McLaren couldn't find Red Bull's 968 page manifesto, so in order to not actually get caught this time Jens was the decoy and Whitmarsh ran in, and stole it from Vettel's school bag.

Or the other version. He royally stuffed it up. It is what it is. It happened. No use crying over it!

:lol::roll: