Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Hamilton 2012

You are right, it is a separate issue but I rate Lewis too and he certainly is the most threatening predator out there. Unfortunately, his choices are extremely limited. Personally, I think though the team was probably built around him when Heikki was there, it isn't now and that fact alone is probably the foundation of his frustration. He's thinking long-term here and I'd love to see him at RBR, head to head with Vettel.

Not sure the team was built around him, but I see your point. It's different now with Jenson on board, but I sense a genuine chemistry between them. Both are happy to accept that one will beat the other. Lewis still seems very happy at Woking. I see no reason for him to change just yet. Vettel will no doubt beat McLaren again this year, but jumping ship to Red Bull, whilst maybe giving Lewis a quick win, would not be the answer long term. Vettel would be more than a match and there could be inter team management issues as a result. I still think Ferrari will lure him in the long term, but for now he should stay at McLaren. The team dynamic between Jenson and Lewis, two champions fighting at the sharp end is a lesson for all other teams.

I agree a little bit with all of you mostly with the girls, oh most were actually girlies in this thread, buuut...

Why would Hamilton leave McLaren? He's got a quite decent car most of the times and he might even win this season. He would like to have the best car every season so he might go to Red Bull in 2012, then go back to McLaren in 2013 and finally Ferrari in 2014... And it could happen that the best car swaps teams as he goes from one to the other... I think he would only leave McLaren if they prove they can't build a good car or he's unhappy there.

Its all about black round things. Lewis learned from Jens' black round things that they are actually useful when kept round and not hexagonal. Jens has learned from Lewis' black round things that they are actually useful when he grows a pair of those.

Ok, ok, lower your pitchforks and torches! Geez! :runaway:

Its all about black round things. Lewis learned from Jens' black round things that they are actually useful when kept round and not hexagonal. Jens has learned from Lewis' black round things that they are actually useful when he grows a pair of those.

Ok, ok, lower your pitchforks and torches! Geez! :runaway:

Are you talking bollocks again?

If I were lewis, I wouldn't be all that interested in the Ferrari seat at this moment in time. They are no longer the "all beating" combination that they used to be. And yes, this was not his best qualifying performance by a long shot, but in the end Lewis outpaced jenson, again, in the race. Whether he did or didn't learn from Jenson is not really relevant, drivers learn things from each other on a regular basis, and being adaptable is one of the strongest skills in the armoury of a great driver.

All of this "my c*** is bigger than yours" bickering is pointless, because in reality all that the race proved was one thing... That Lewis is still a brilliant driver.

All of this "my c*** is bigger than yours" bickering is pointless

Correct. My c0ck is still the best.

But I also agree with Pablova and Dribs

Pabloh and Dribs are girls?:yikes:

Well hello ladies. :flex:

errrr, ahem - that was George who agreed with you little lady.

Rather than asking for proof, I think i'll just take your word for that :lol:

:blush:

Instead of bragging, lets see photographic evidence. :):naughty:

I agree with you, but only because you're a girly.

Sorry - that's a joke from the other thread - I'm not being creepy.

:ermm:

Honest.

I hear he's releasing a duet with Nicole Rosberg Scherzinger.

(No opinion, rumour or fact, just a complete lie - that's how I roll.)

I wish! As far as the bracketed quote is concerned, I hope you are joking?

If I were lewis, I wouldn't be all that interested in the Ferrari seat at this moment in time. They are no longer the "all beating" combination that they used to be. And yes, this was not his best qualifying performance by a long shot, but in the end Lewis outpaced jenson, again, in the race. Whether he did or didn't learn from Jenson is not really relevant, drivers learn things from each other on a regular basis, and being adaptable is one of the strongest skills in the armoury of a great driver.

All of this "my c*** is bigger than yours" bickering is pointless, because in reality all that the race proved was one thing... That Lewis is still a brilliant driver.

Lewis is a great racer, no doubt about that and he has matured rapidly through last season and the current one. Will he become one of the all-time 'greats'? Most probably, if he finds some consistency but he may need to move to a team who are willing to bet the whole stack on him to do that as Schumi did at Ferrari. All drivers learn from those around them, especially when they are team mates and I am sure Lewis and Jenson have been good for each other. Button did a poor job of managing his car and concentrating on the job in hand in China. In contrast, Lewis had a great day at the office. It isn't always like that though and that is the way it will go at the top teams, right down to the wire.

Lewis is a great racer, no doubt about that and he has matured rapidly through last season and the current one. Will he become one of the all-time 'greats'? Most probably, if he finds some consistency but he may need to move to a team who are willing to bet the whole stack on him to do that as Schumi did at Ferrari. All drivers learn from those around them, especially when they are team mates and I am sure Lewis and Jenson have been good for each other. Button did a poor job of managing his car and concentrating on the job in hand in China. In contrast, Lewis had a great day at the office. It isn't always like that though and that is the way it will go at the top teams, right down to the wire.

I lose my respect for any driver that has an "I want to be the top dog by default" air about them, and that is why I am glad to see these days that McLaren and Red Bull allow their drivers to race, sometimes even to their detriment. Being able to defeat a guy in the same equipment as you should be part of the process of a driver really proving his or her self in my opinion, which is why I hope Lewis would never go for a drive just because he'd get the "you're our number 1" carrot dangled in front of him.

In these times of high competition and reliability, it's as important how well you do on a BAD day. This is were Lewis falls short right now. He's like the little girl with the little curl in the nursery rhyme - when he's good he's very good, and when he'd bad, he's horrid. Correct me if i'm mistaken - but it seems as though when he can't sniff a podium - he flailing around the midfield.

Changing teams right now would not improve his education. Top drivers only need to change teams in pursuit of better equipment. So I think he's ok at mac for now!

Hamilton is a damn good driver, even though I don't like him that much (I tend to not like the 'golden children' that have it all handed to them).

It's too bad RBR hold Vettel on such a high pedestal, Hamilton I feel is the better driver and would do them well, sure Vettel is fast on an empty track but when overtaking is involved/needed I'd back Hamilton given equal equipment.

If Webber were to leave them that would be the place for him to go, and give him the opportunity to show everyone he is the superior driver over Vettel - I'm assuming he would love the opportunity to do so.

That being said I wouldn't count Webber out of that seat yet, he proved everyone wrong last year when he should have won the title (if he didn't throw it away in Korea). I don't think we seen the last of him this season either.

In these times of high competition and reliability, it's as important how well you do on a BAD day. This is were Lewis falls short right now. He's like the little girl with the little curl in the nursery rhyme - when he's good he's very good, and when he'd bad, he's horrid. Correct me if i'm mistaken - but it seems as though when he can't sniff a podium - he flailing around the midfield.

Changing teams right now would not improve his education. Top drivers only need to change teams in pursuit of better equipment. So I think he's ok at mac for now!

Funnily enough, I think there was the perception on here, certainly for his first couple of seasons, was that Hamilton chases down lost causes instead of playing the percentage game.

Can you give specific examples of where Lewis has been 'flailing around the midfield'. Perhaps it's perception, but to me he's either at the sharp end, working his way through to the front or just binning it.

Never had him down as a cruise and collect driver. To me, he's always flat out. Or maybe I misunderstand you?

I did invite you to correct me if I was wrong, and i'm not a stat freak - so it's purely my perception. on occasions he seems to sulk during a race - even when his team advise him to try and consolidate his position and look after his tyres. In these tight times, those lost points will cost potential championships. Don't get me wrong - I think he's pretty good - but not the finished article.......yet. I'm sure all drivers panic from time to time - but better not to broadcast it. The point of my post was to reiterate that there is little point in him moving teams for 2012.

I did invite you to correct me if I was wrong, and i'm not a stat freak - so it's purely my perception. on occasions he seems to sulk during a race - even when his team advise him to try and consolidate his position and look after his tyres. In these tight times, those lost points will cost potential championships. Don't get me wrong - I think he's pretty good - but not the finished article.......yet. I'm sure all drivers panic from time to time - but better not to broadcast it. The point of my post was to reiterate that there is little point in him moving teams for 2012.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by the bolded bit. Are you saying when the team asks him to consolidate his position and look after his tyres he sulks and loses places or just sulks?

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean by the bolded bit. Are you saying when the team asks him to consolidate his position and look after his tyres he sulks and loses places or just sulks?

I have that question too.

I think he's not the smartest driver and he sometimes says thoughtless things on the radio... like "tyres are shot I'm coming in even though you tell me there's only one corner to go" or "your car is rubbish". I don't think he stops racing and trying, though, but then I could be wrong.

it doesn't matter when I think he sulks - the fact I perceive that ,;surely means his rivals must witness what appears to be broadcasting a weakness. He needs to learn a little poker skill. There's no sense in wearing your heart on your sleeve if it makes you feel cramped in the c#ckpit !

I don't doubt his talent or his commitment - but i do have serious reservations about his thirst for knowledge. He does't convey the impression that he's always looking to improve. Senna and shumi were / are always looking to learn more about their equipment, track and craft in their pursuit of perfection. Lewis has said on more than one occasion that he wants to measured as their equal. - greatness is not something that can be achieved in 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon! Its something that must be part of your dna and occupy all your waken moments.