Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

I Was Just Driving Along When....

Over in the threads that me, JHS and PuckytheWhale/Portaloo/lewisthegreat/Ericthepresident hang out in, the following vid was posted, which gave me an idea for a new thread...

...crashing is as much a part of motorsport as are greasy hands and wheel nuts...and occasionally they are quite spectacular....Plato's roll, as seen here, I'll give an 8.2....I got a couple that can out do it in mind...so Bronze so far for him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub0Srd-NeeU

My two coming up (just as soon as I find the YouTwitFace links...

Oh yeah...go find some yourselves, me hearties....and post them here for the rest of us :D

And just to prove that converting taxi's and police cars into racing cars may not have been the smartest move in the world:

Simple request from me to anyone who comes here (but it will probably be just us): no fatal accidents and please not the Alex Zanardi wreck (you can see his legs...it's almost worse to watch than most). Of course, if you post either, there will be no consequences, because as you know, I have to work with Congress to get anything done, and that's hard.

Geoff raced again two months later. I don't know of many other non-open-wheel, non-fatal, non-drag racing accidents any worse than that one.

Yes, Eric, I was going to put that into my first post about non-fatal accidents....but I so hate rules...especially those made by you right wing politicians... :P ... and as for the left wing politicians....oh boyyee...

With the appropriate "Contents May Be Hot" label, anything goes. Of course that label must be meet a minimum surface area, be written in both red and then written in black under it, and then written in blue in Spanish underneath that.

It's just going to us three Amigo's again isn't it..... :P

:lol: We need to get better at tricking people into our threads. Deceptive titles would be the way to go. Come on, James, you're into journalism...press is always misleading with their headlines. ;)

On the flip side, though, we can say anything we want and no one will know...

Yeah, you're right....I could say how much of a knob that Eric is...hahaha...what a knob he is....

If only I had video footage of my motorcycle accident. I don't remember what happened, but I was told many times :lol:

I can't see the videos :( (/media tags are hidden from me) but does it have to be just cars, or can it be bikes too?

It can be bikes too....or race trucks...just gotta be racing :)

Oh, and welcome to one of the many James, Eric and Craig threads that populate TF1.....we're the fluff to everyone elses, er, dribble????

:lol: We need to get better at tricking people into our threads. Deceptive titles would be the way to go. Come on, James, you're into journalism...press is always misleading with their headlines. ;)

On the flip side, though, we can say anything we want and no one will know...

What about "Angelina Jolie naked"? I'm sure that would have plenty of people visiting the thread. :P

I'm leaving if you use that headline :P

Now..if it was "Jennifer Aniston Naked".....

:o Harman's crash....fooken eck....the car just fell apart! Was that pre or post SAFER barriers? Judging by the graphics of the tv footage I'd imagine post....man that was a shunt. Did he buy a lottery ticket?

Totally Leparges fault...you don't pull up onto the track infront of the entire pack.... :nono1:

No lottery ticket. But he probably bought a cheeseburger or twelve.

harmon.jpg

It was pre-SAFER barriers. It was 2002, which is when they first came out and weren't really installed on the tracks just yet. Harmon hit at a part of the wall that opened up to allow entry/exit from the infield. They put it at an angle they figured no one would ever hit...but it's actually been hit twice, 1990 with Michael Waltrip (similar result) and then this time.

huge-crash_xl.jpg

You can see how the wall opened there, as well as the lack of SAFER.

And here's Waltrip's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghjiao8fByE

Bristol_1990_Michael_Waltrip_11.jpg

To be fair, though, they hadn't really had a wall when Waltrip hit there (more of a gap with a guardrail), which they change to be a part of the wall, and the only reason that happened with the Harmon wreck was that it was improperly secured. Other hits there wouldn't do that.

Motorsport never fails to amaze me through the great racing, brilliantly driving, and sometimes, the shocking images of accidents. This one happened today, at Imola, 17 years after the world of racing lost Ratzenberger and Senna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTApioaUdU&feature=channel_video_title

Thankfully, all drivers involved were fine.