Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

China Gp Thread Got Blocked?

Just wanted to say - it would be nice if admins could block only some users from some threads rather than closing the whole thread. Not that I'm complaining - I know it can't be easy and we do have a lot of freedom.

I'm guessing that's not possible?

Thing is - I quite enjoyed that thread (ignoring the arguments). China was the best race we've had for ages and I think we all appreciated it. To me it seems that the arguments weren't in the slightest bit connected to the GP itself.

Another idea - I know it takes longer to do - but could the admins just delete the abusive stuff in that thread and leave it open for "reasonable"/on topic discussion?

Or could we just continue the nice discussion about the GP here and leave the naughty stuff behind please?

Over.

...and we've still got 3 weeks until Turkey - so we're better talking about China than other more potentially explosive subjects - like girlies and agreement.

Think it over.

Over.

[quote name='Grabthaw the Hammerslayer' timestamp='1303285565' post='334186']
Oh no, what have I started? <slaps head>

Over :)
[/quote]
Who's head?

Anyway, nothing to get worked up...

...over.

:lol:

Wow, I missed that thread but thanks to this one, and the blocking of the other, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

But for stirring up trouble - and for being a big girlie - I demand that we block Adam from this thread. :D

for me our argument is over.

For me too. So shall we put this behind us and lets just say that we've learned from both our mistakes. I guess if you wanna chat about it, my email ad is on my profile.

Everyone else. I'm sorry things got out of hand. It was originally between Caesar and I, and a whole load of other people wanted their piece too. For my part, I apologise for the china thread being closed, especially as there were some good conversations.

Once again, my apologies. But it was a good race.

Thanks

Steph.

Hey...DOF is lurking....dum dum..dum.dum da da da da dum dum....(does that sound anything like Jaws theme?) - hiya DOF!

I got the technical report on the thread closure....it looks like the Schumacher Tracker Alert went haywire...well, actually it got stuck in a loop trying to find him....so it closed the thread instead of overheat.

Over.

For me too. So shall we put this behind us and lets just say that we've learned from both our mistakes. I guess if you wanna chat about it, my email ad is on my profile.

Everyone else. I'm sorry things got out of hand. It was originally between Caesar and I, and a whole load of other people wanted their piece too. For my part, I apologise for the china thread being closed, especially as there were some good conversations.

Once again, my apologies. But it was a good race.

Thanks

Steph.

Button is a crappy driver and Lewis's bitch!! :waccoe1::harhar:

Over.... :eekout:

Just wanted to say - it would be nice if admins could block only some users from some threads rather than closing the whole thread.

If there was justice like that around, you and the other trolls would be blocked from posting completely. You make no positive contribution to this forum, the best you could claim is you aren't the worst troll out here, hardly something that justifies the nauseating morally self righteous indignant tone of your opening post. You're utterly delusional if you think blocking others while allowing people like you a free reign will actualyl improve the quality of the forum.

To everyone else, I've enjoyed the in jokes and the jocular tone of the forum, but it's getting too much, there is only so many times you can make the same old ribald joke, make fun of misogyny with the same tired old jokes. Let's give it a rest and actually talk about F1, most of you (with the possible exception of dribs) aren't terribly funny and it detracts from discussion when you odn't have much time to browse the forum and have to go through pages of old men trying to be funny to actually find any readable content.

Elgo, Grandprick the Headslapper :clap3:

Ceasar, Steph :thbup:

One thing that did strike me watching the race again...

Why did Maccas leave their first pit so late? If they had pitted just after Webber for their first pit they would have been easily 1 & 2.

Webber started with hard tyres and pitted several laps earlier. They were on softs for a longer stint than him - curious.

I think they were hedging their bets on strategy up until they called the 2nd stop.

Seems to me - if the teams really want to go for a different strategy, they have to jump in with both feet from the very start.

Why did Maccas leave their first pit so late? If they had pitted just after Webber for their first pit they would have been easily 1 & 2.

Webber started with hard tyres and pitted several laps earlier. They were on softs for a longer stint than him - curious.

I think they were hedging their bets on strategy up until they called the 2nd stop.

Seems to me - if the teams really want to go for a different strategy, they have to jump in with both feet from the very start.

Good point. I thought that too - they left if a lap or two too late IMHO.

I suppose Jense made up for it by pitting twice in one go :D

...but then Maccas have never always been the sharpest pencils in the box when it comes to reactive race strategy (compared to Ross Brawn and Ferrari). Think Macca's strategy team needs a make

over

If there was justice like that around, you and the other trolls would be blocked from posting completely. You make no positive contribution to this forum, the best you could claim is you aren't the worst troll out here, hardly something that justifies the nauseating morally self righteous indignant tone of your opening post. You're utterly delusional if you think blocking others while allowing people like you a free reign will actualyl improve the quality of the forum.

To everyone else, I've enjoyed the in jokes and the jocular tone of the forum, but it's getting too much, there is only so many times you can make the same old ribald joke, make fun of misogyny with the same tired old jokes. Let's give it a rest and actually talk about F1, most of you (with the possible exception of dribs) aren't terribly funny and it detracts from discussion when you odn't have much time to browse the forum and have to go through pages of old men trying to be funny to actually find any readable content.

Dear Fellow TF1 Forumites,

My apologies if I leave anything out below.

Regards,

Craig

Dear Cav,

Thanks ever so much for insulting every person that posts, or has ever posted on this forum. We are awfully sorry that we do not watch the live timing to see someone achieve the 8th fastest race lap time on lap 36, and then profess to know anything at all about Formula 1. We are so sorry that in the past weeks we have discussed, but not limited ourselves to, Schumacher getting his mojo back, Williams and the dilemma of Sam Michaels, Ferrari leaving the sport, the relevant value of Kubica, and heaven forbid, an actual race. We are also sorry that we have posted videos of car crashes, standup comedy, the Indy 500, Indycar, and heaven help us, NASCAR. We are also all completely embarrassed to have let ourselves stoop so low so as to call someone out for making personal insults, and thus sticking up for the person attacked.

We are also sorry that our small minded jokes are too much for you. We are also sorry you are unable to get in touch with your inner child, smile and laugh along with the rest of us.

We're sorry that we haven't limited ourselves to posting about Schumacher or live timing. We're sorry that British Touring Cars were ever invented. We're sorry our discussions are so low-brow for you.

We're also really sorry that you don't have any time to read through the posts, and terribly sorry that we went off topic more than once.

We're sorry for not admitting we hate a driver because of their nationality, and we're certainly sorry for not denegrading any discussion into a pile of insults based on nationality, colour, age, sex, or if they are an Alonso fan.

We're sorry we are all idiots.

We are sorry that no one here has ever worked in Formula 1 and has ever shared their knowledge of such things.

We are sorry that no one here wrenches on race cars, races them, or owns them.

We are sorry that no on here has an interest in other forms of motorsport and discusses them. We are all the poorer for that.

We are sorry that no one here has any friends and we have to agree with everyone to make a friend.

We are sorry we exist, and that we don't measure up to your high standards.

However, please feel free to exercise your right to leave.

We'll continue to joke around, talk about F1 as if we are in a pub sharing a cold one, and having a rib at each other along the way. Why? Because we like that. We like that Andre can take a joke about his lack of hair. We like that Eric likes NASCAR. It's the type of people we are. In my little island country in the middle of the ocean (of which you have seen fit to insult) we call those sorts of people, good sorts; but you go ahead and insult everyone. Why change your modus operandi?

Kind regards,

The Forum.

My apologies if I leave anything out below.

Hey bloody hell Craig, How dare you!!! How can you forget that we're also paradox, ironic, iconic, heroic, pathetic, sarcastic, made of plastic, mnemonic, supersonic and fart like the winds. See, this is my silly attempt at as joke, and I'm just not funny... BOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... MWWAAUUUUUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cav said I'm not terribly funny BOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm so pathetic I even stole this quote from someone BOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hooray for the Justice League!

:usa:

The world is safe once more.

But how long until the the Dark Legion rears it's ugly head once again and threatens all we hold dear? - All that is good and wholesome in this screwed up world?

Fear not good citizens for the Justice League is here to defend you.

This group of brave warriors brought together in their ongoing crusade against the Dark Legion pledges to defend forever the virginity of virgins and the inalienable right of all to take the p**s and laugh at funny stuff.

By day they appear to be sad, sex-starved, F1 forum nerds, but by night they band together and....

...post nerdy stuff on F1 forums and try to sleep with girlies.

Some call them vigilantes, some call them heros, most call them sex-starved, F1 forum nerds.

Justice League Unite!

:grouplaugh:

I'm off to make a Justice league emoticon.

To be continued...

post-2537-069827800 1303384837_thumb.gif

(They're capes)

Hey guys - I was busy doing this and my wife asked what I why I was drawing little smileys with pants on. I explained that the Justice League needed an emoticon she said that I was stupid. I fear she might be an undercover agent of the Dark Legion.

post-2537-069827800 1303384837_thumb.gif

(They're capes)

Hey guys - I was busy doing this and my wife asked what I why I was drawing little smileys with pants on. I explained that the Justice League needed an emoticon she said that I was stupid. I fear she might be an undercover agent of the Dark Legion.

:clap3::lol:

You're way funnier than me, I think you should belong to the "terribly funny" group...

Nah the icon's all wrong, gravity would not allow the wearage of undergarments in that manner.

Everyone knows the correct wearage of undies is *on top* of your head (i.e. inverted). :)

And why do you support Just Ice?

What is wrong with steam and water? :D