Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eduan

Monaco

What a grand pile of bulls##t that was. Fresh tires at for the restart? F**k off. That was Alonso's victory for sure, Vettel is one lucky son of a bitch this time around. That rule needs to be looked at, allowing tyre warmers I can understand but anything more is just stupid and ruined what would have been the race of the year at the end.

Yet again Webber gets his race ruined by crap beyond his control despite laying down the fastest lap. I wonder if there was a problem with the Red Bull communications?

Nice drive by Kobi, he was a bit of a victim of the restart also, he would have had two more laps to run in front of Webber, with Webber having a massive tyre advantage, but he also had a 4 second advantage taken away by said restart.

Great race.A Monaco classic. The 3 top racers deserved that first spot. Kudos to Vettel, Alonso and Button for a masterful drive. Kudos to Koba for an equally impressive race (best overtaking of the year in the process). Four top places for four DODs. Great race for Pastor Maldonado as well until "somenone" decided otherwise.

Hamilton should have been black flagged. End of.

Hamilton should have been black flagged. End of.

I actually disagree there, except perhaps over the rear wing and that is marginal, it's not clear whether it was actually a danger or just affected his pace. Sure, give him drive throughs and stuff. But he was one of the two drivers actually trying to overtake on the track today, compared to the rest who were just pathetic, with DRS and everything sitting behind cars 2-3 seconds slower than them.

I actually disagree there, except perhaps over the rear wing and that is marginal, it's not clear whether it was actually a danger or just affected his pace. Sure, give him drive throughs and stuff. But he was one of the two drivers actually trying to overtake on the track today, compared to the rest who were just pathetic, with DRS and everything sitting behind cars 2-3 seconds slower than them.

Trying to overtake does not equal "ramming you car against two cars that are clearly in front of you". His only rational and brave manouevre, and thus entertaining was against Schumi. Against Massa and Maldonado they were just stupid bad timed moves. He was lucky to have the drive through handled a great deal of laps later (Di Resta's DT came right after his manoeuvre which was less blatant). Had the DT for Ham came with the same timing he would have been demoted further back due to the SC in the middle. And his car should not have been allowed to continue yet he was and even given the chance to repair the rear wing (which was sensible, considering that the wing was a hazard to every other driver in the grid)

I am not sure the wing was a hazard. Yes they were slow in handing out DTs. Hamilton is the closest we have to an all out driver right now which makes him entertaining, he is ruthless on track could have been the next MS, and I would have been a fan, was he not just a little bit thick.

What a grand pile of bulls##t that was. Fresh tires at for the restart? F**k off. That was Alonso's victory for sure, Vettel is one lucky son of a bitch this time around. That rule needs to be looked at, allowing tyre warmers I can understand but anything more is just stupid and ruined what would have been the race of the year at the end.

As far as I can see, it was Alonso who was the lucky one. Without the first SC he wouldn't have been anywhere close to challenge for the win. I was already wondering if Alonso' legendary luck when it comes to inheriting wins strikes again... Red Bull's pit crew+strategy (why didn't they pit during the first SC?) almost cost them the win, great defending by Seb there. Jenson was great too and Alonso made the best he could with what was offered. Lastly, while its great to see someone force passes in Monaco, I think Lewis was way too aggressive today; he went off the track to push others out of his way, and that's not the way to do it.

Pity the best part of the race was spoiled by the last SC. The restart was pointless.

Season is game over but I expect McLaren and Ferrari being stronger in Canada. They might still win a race or two.

Hamilton was really p**sed off. I don't blame him but that joke about racism was stupid.

I think the best was "I'm just trying to keep my mouth shut..." :D

I think the best was "I'm just trying to keep my mouth shut..." :D

"People want to see my racing..." Not today, I'm afraid. :lol:

Very interesting race, was loving the battle between the top three, super exciting stuff! The late red flag sort of led to an anticlimax, but still exciting none the less! Kudos to the FIA for letting the last few laps happen rather than stopping it completely.

Idiot of the race: Hamilton for not only his on track incidents but what he said afterwards too. I'm all for a driver speaking their mind, but that was really unclassy. Just as I thought I was finally becoming more accepting of him, this really brought me back to reality. I have a lot of respect for someone like Di Resta. Sure, he had a bad race, but as he said in the interview afterwards, he takes responsibility for what happened and he's sorry to the team. Hamilton as is so often the case is blaming everyone except himself "Oh, Massa turned in, Maldonado turned in, what are they doing? The stewards are corrupt and it's so unfair waaah, boo hoo!"

Man up FFS! I've often stayed away from this sub forum recently because I don't like the driver bashing that goes on today, but Hamilton was just a complete idiot today. I hope he comes to regret what he said.

Feel gutted for Maldonado, he'd been driving very well and had pulled some great overtakes. Fantastic job by Kobayashi too - can't see why Webber was waving at him cutting the chicane, if he'd turned in, he'd have hit Webber.

Amateur hour in the pits.

Vettel, Alonso and Button - phenomenal driving. Vettel was a little lucky with the way the red flag deal went, but you make your own luck in this. And besides, for the second time in two weeks he didn't make a mistake whilst he was under massive pressure from a clearly quicker car behind him.

Roll on Montreal!

:lol: I just read the interview. Geez, just when he was just driving like a grown up he chose Monaco of all tracks for grown ups to become the most despicable guy on the grid again just with his comments alone.

It is also interesting how some people at this forum suddenly goes quiet when these things happen :P

At least the Nando fans are alway around, few as we are even to bash on our own "hero" (quotation marks are because of course we don't consider him a hero, mind you) whereas suddenly arrogance, moaning and laying the blame on the team is not a sin anymore since Alonso got along well with the Ferrari crew...

Sorry, but I had to get that out of my chest...had to bite my fist the past few races not to do something similar but this time it was too blatant to let it pass :lol:

Now, back to normal: Poor Petrov, he was doing well, considering that the Poochies (and the Mercs while at it) seem to be a car that is in no way fit to race a whole race distance anymore. The Mercs were even worse. Those cars suddenly drop their performance so much its like watching a Macca morphing into a Virgin in a couple of laps. Still, Schumi seemed a lot better than Rosberg, racecraft wise. I know defending at Monaco is easier than anywhere else but watching him defend against Hamilton was impressive not much because of t he car differences or any of that but because of his style of defending. The usual way is trying to make your car as "wide" as possible. But he does not do that. He opens doors just a little, he actually lures the car behind into trying to go for it and suddenly shuts the door in their faces. That drives anybody crazy. I've saw him doing that a couple of races now. Is one of the things that show that the old b#####d is still lurking there somewhere, behind the lack of mojo and a dismal car.

Glock was a liability on wheels, I felt relieved just to watch him abandon the race. Rubinho used his experience for good this time, staying out of trouble and collecting points amidst the chaos.

I feel gutted for the two latin american kids. They deserved a better Monaco.

The final? Controversial, but it was a tough one for the FIA. Letting them restart on almost worn out, cold tires might have gone awful, athough I don't think they were actually that concerned about safety but just wanted to have a nice, clean spectacle for the Grimaldis and the passive monkeys that we like to call "us fans" :). In any case the outcome of the race wouldn't probably have changed that much.

In any case, the battle for first was gripping all the way down even with the new tires. I thought Alonso would just settle down for second but he just kept pushing up to the flag when he had more to loose than win in any case. And even Button impressed me so much I felt that a BUT-ALO-VET should have been a fairer podium, even if just so.

Finally, Montreal and Monaco should not be so close on the calendar.

Talking Q1, not Q2

OK

Perez or Hamilton? Are you more impressed with Perez because of his equipment than Hamie?

The fact he is not in a front row car - yes.

great race.

hamilton is a cry-baby,i don't understand where is he going with this.

is it because mclaren isn't one sec faster than redbull?

he should start his f1 career in lotus, so he would now apreciate more his team and car

hamilton should not have said what he said in the post race interview but i dont think anyone can fault him for what he did on track tho. he tried to make passes, and it didnt work. it's monaco, it happens. if u look at it, his attempt to pass massa was exactly the same as what schumacher did to him at the beginning of the race. michael was not along side him, he had maybe half a car in there when lewis was turning in. lewis had about that same length on massa when he attempted to pass. in the first pass, lewis saw michael and let him thru, in massa's situation, massa turned into him. not that what massa did was wrong but if we're going to assign blame then isn't it also partly massa's fault? obviously at the point of the apex, there's not much lewis can do as his car is already where it is, massa could have left a little bit of room to prevent an accident (he would have had the inside for the next turn so the pass wouldnt have happened) but he absolutely refused so he played his part in causing an avoidable accident too. i have no problem with the penalty to hamilton but i do understand why he's angry, cuz in his eyes, michael did the same thing to him and he gave michael room even tho he knew it'd cost him (and it did) later in the race whereas massa didnt. u cant fault hamilton for thinking what massa did was wrong because when he was put in that exact same situation he chose not to hit schumacher. so at the very least, hamilton is consistent in his view regarding a situation like this regardless of what position he's in (passing or being passed).

as for the maldonaldo pass, it was similar to how he passed michael, he did that to michael and got pass. i think we would all agree that michael is not one to easily give up his position, but in that situation he saw that hamilton had him and gave him room. maldonaldo didnt even seem to realized that lewis was there. lewis was more than half way up his inside and at that point the blame has to go to maldonaldo for not even leaving an inch of room. and i believe this is why lewis wasnt penalized for that incident as it wasnt entirely his fault. i think pastor was expecting to squeeze lewis and force him into cutting the turn which would result in him having to let pastor back thru. but hamilton didnt do that so there was an accident.

in my opinion, the first incident was punishable and the second was a racing incident. i believe thats how the stewards see it too and i understand why lewis is angry cuz him and schumacher performed these same manuevers on each other and it was good clean racing. also in his defense, if the guy doesnt turn into him, it's not a penalty, but if the guy chooses to turn in on him it's a penalty. that's what's so frustrating cuz when schumacher made that pass on rosberg, it was worse than lewis' attempt on massa, schumacher was wayyyy back but rosberg let him thru so there was no penalty.

part of the problem is the track and the regulations, if u force pirelli to make tyres that fall off then it's going to cause some to go significantly quicker than others. when u put that in a monaco race then that is always going to end up causing problems.

Perez or Hamilton? Are you more impressed with Perez because of his equipment than Hamie?

And because Hamilton is beating Button. :P

Pity the best part of the race was spoiled by the last SC. The restart was pointless.

Season is game over but I expect McLaren and Ferrari being stronger in Canada. They might still win a race or two.

I don't think it's over just yet. This was a real mess up by McLaren but anything can happen over the rest of the season. If their race pace in Barcelona was genuine and can be replicated at most circuits then there's still a chance they can catch Vettel in the WDC. I think Ferrari's championship is probably over, though, unless they have a big development in the works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD8T8_JR4Mw

Hamilton was really p**sed off. I don't blame him but that joke about racism was stupid.

:lol:

If anyone else had said it, I'd probably agree, but Lewis is always right. :P

Certainly I think Lewis was speaking (and driving) more out of frustration than good judgement today... but so what. I'm sure we've all said and done things we've later regretted. Actually a lot of his points I agree with: as a fan of a sport (not a UN convention on human rights), I want to see people trying (and sometimes failing) to make a pass; I want to see some emotion (even if that means they sometimes let their anger or frustration show); and I agree with him that F1 is increasingly sanitised and set up to penalise anyone who drives like the heroes of old. Presumably if we're going to condemn Lewis for being a bit rash today, we can all agree that Ayrton Senna was a "despicable" human being for punching his fellow drivers for out-qualifying him or unlapping themselves.

And about the racism comment again, yes I agree with you that it was a bit silly. But (and I'm not talking about you so much here) few people are quicker than the Alonso fans to cry racism or unfairness when there is none.

Hamilton didn't have a good weekend at Monaco and he should have stayed far away from the journalists after the race for a while. It was a difficult race for him, with Massa always trying to make contact when a car gets along him and other problems, but he didn't make things easier.

I enjoyed the race but I miss the championship drama of the last seasons.

Congratulations Red Bull and Vettel. They're the fastest on any type of track.

I don't think it's over just yet. This was a real mess up by McLaren but anything can happen over the rest of the season. If their race pace in Barcelona was genuine and can be replicated at most circuits then there's still a chance they can catch Vettel in the WDC. I think Ferrari's championship is probably over, though, unless they have a big development in the works.

I agree with this

:lol:

If anyone else had said it, I'd probably agree, but Lewis is always right. :P

:lol: this is you being a joker

Certainly I think Lewis was speaking (and driving) more out of frustration than good judgement today... but so what. I'm sure we've all said and done things we've later regretted. Actually a lot of his points I agree with: as a fan of a sport (not a UN convention on human rights), I want to see people trying (and sometimes failing) to make a pass; I want to see some emotion (even if that means they sometimes let their anger or frustration show); and I agree with him that F1 is increasingly sanitised and set up to penalise anyone who drives like the heroes of old. Presumably if we're going to condemn Lewis for being a bit rash today, we can all agree that Ayrton Senna was a "despicable" human being for punching his fellow drivers for out-qualifying him or unlapping themselves.

And about the racism comment again, yes I agree with you that it was a bit silly. But (and I'm not talking about you so much here) few people are quicker than the Alonso fans to cry racism or unfairness when there is none.

This is you being serious and failing (you among all, young paddawan! :P) to understand or even try to keep an eye on your double standards. This is going to be a tough week for Macca fans when it comes to it ;)

Let's see what we are going to see A LOT this week:

- First, a lot of arguments because we will be indiscriminatingly criticizing or defending drivers and psters views. From my part, debate over double standards are aimed at posters whereas debate over manoeuvres themselves are obviously aimed at the driver.

- "At least he tries to pass": oh really? Me and many others have already praised Lewis all this season for that. He got this year more praise from me than Nando got. But again, one thing is the entertainment factor derived for a guy that tries always to overtake and another is watching a race where a guy makescauses two entirely avoidable collisions, both of them clearly his fault. Somebody recalls the heat Kimi got for his crash against Sutil when his car was obviously out of control? How many thought it was a case of "hey, at least he is trying to overtake!". What about Alonso doing pull these same dumb moves on Heidfeld a couple of years ago? Webber vs Vettel at Turkey last year? Schumi against 90% of the grid since his comeback? :P Come on! Lewis was dumber than usual. That does not mean the guy is crap. It won't hurt to admit that he drove like a drunken truckdriver for once, you know?

- Why bring Ayrton Senna? Why not Alonso and his 6/10ths? Why you, who kept bringing in an out of context comment from Alonso against his pitcrew for 3 seasons as a proof that he is no team player suddenly become a lover of guys that speak their minds off? Why the sudden amnesia when Lewis kept doing that on every race this season? Are you sure your love for political incorrect drivers is that pure? ;)

- The funny thing is: his comment about racism was obviously a joke when he realised that he was talking too much, and he didn't realise that it would only make things worse. Under that light, I think it's the smallest of his sins, yet the one that will bring more fire and brimstone over his head.

- One last thing: The penalty handled afterwards is a joke. A drive through for causing a collision is always controversial (when you get a stop and go for exceeding the pitlane speed even if it is empty) yet, it is consistent with other similar cases so no complaints there. But for causing a second collision the penalty is naturally worse. Throughout all its history (not just in the latter "micromanaged by stewards era") F1 has made a stronger case for repeated breaches of rule, which is common to all sports. So, if you give a guy a DT for causing a collision, the penalty for causing a second collision should be naturally worse. That goes beyond the collision itself or any other consideration. Once you rule that both collisions were caused by Lewis you must penalise him heavier the second time. If they didn't have the balls then they shouldn't have penalised the first crash either.

A guy can't get 5 yellow cards in a single football game, after all can he? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD8T8_JR4Mw

I know I haven't been commenting here for quite a while, but I always lurk around!

Looks like work got the best of me, but maybe I should try to find my way back here!!

Anyway, regarding Hamilton's interview, I imagine the whole thing with the stewards went a little like this but he was too angry to sing it to us:

I heard "Son do you know why I'm stoppin' you for?"

-Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hats real low?

Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know

Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo'?

-"Well you was doin fifty-five in a fifty-fo' "

-I got 99 problems but a championship ain't one..

It's over. I think Red Bull's only problem is KERS but it's a small one because KERS use, performance and development is very limited. They'll bring more speed whenever they need it, they seem to have a lot in reserve. Red Bull might have a "problem" in Canada, Valencia or Singapore but that isn't enough for McLaren/Hamilton to threat them.

I know I haven't been commenting here for quite a while, but I always lurk around!

Looks like work got the best of me, but maybe I should try to find my way back here!!

Anyway, regarding Hamilton's interview, I imagine the whole thing with the stewards went a little like this but he was too angry to sing it to us:

I heard "Son do you know why I'm stoppin' you for?"

-Cause I'm young and I'm black and my hats real low?

Do I look like a mind reader sir, I don't know

Am I under arrest or should I guess some mo'?

-"Well you was doin fifty-five in a fifty-fo' "

-I got 99 problems but a championship ain't one..

Excellent! :lol:

Now, first @ Adam's reply to me: okay your position is much clearer to me now, even if we still disagree a little on a few things!

Now for the race.

First, it was a fantastic GP. Red Bull's error during the first round of stops (they gave Vettel the wrong tyres due to a communication problem) actually resulted in them changing strategy to a one-stopper. Even when they get it wrong they get it right! For me the whole weekend would have been better if red flags hadn't spoiled qualifying, and the end of the race (I'm not sure the result would have been different, but now we will never know whether Seb's tyres would have held on...). Which brings us to the next point: why are they allowed to change tyres on a red flag restart? It completely ruined the spectacle and made the whole thing pointless. In my opinion, with the type of tyres we have now, that rule needs to be reviewed; tyres could be changed on the grid if a sudden weather change happened for example, and mechanics could work on a car for a safety issue, but otherwise - on first thoughts - I don't think they should be allowed to.

On Lewis: what is obviously the case is that he had a bad qualifying, when realistically he had a very good chance of pole, and that clearly put him in a frustrated and even more aggressive mood than usual today. Everyone is entitled to make their own opinion on his two incidents but even if you believe that both are completely his fault, then it's hardly something that he deserves to be heavily criticised for. He didn't deliberately drive anybody off the track. His biggest crime was being too aggressive or ambitious and that is hardly something which is unique to him, and not something which deserves too much criticism other than to say "Lewis had a poor race".

As for the moves themselves, I'd have to watch them again but I think Anthony Davidson's assessment of them is very reasonable and unbiased. I/he thought the one on Massa was a racing incident, because Massa saw him go for the move and just decided to turn in regardless, and of course such moves at that particular corner (and indeed on any tight corner) always require a certain amount of compliance from the driver being overtaken. Lewis' overtake on Schumi at T1 was a good example of what I'm talking about. When making criticisms of drivers, remember that the difference between a penalty (Di Resta, Hamilton) and our applause (Schumi on Rosberg I believe) is usually only determined by whether the driver being overtaken makes the decision to turn in or not. Massa is the kind of driver not smart enough to back out of it and avoid an accident. Guys like Schumi and Rosberg are (or at least, were today :lol:) Lewis is the kind of driver dumb enough to try that move on a guy like Massa when it isn't a "sure thing". So while I ultimately think the penalty for that incident was right, I also think it was a racing incident, both of their faults in different ways, and just the kind of thing which Monaco throws up.

As for the Maldonado move, that was probably more clearly Hamilton's error, I think (although again, a Monaco racing incident rather than some terribly stupid overtaking attempt as some would have you believe).

On Lewis' comments: again, you have to respect that he is frustrated and said some silly things, in the same way that many other drivers have been frustrated after a race and said something stupid. Hate to bring it up but Alonso has done it too (and I defended him as well) and so have many others. Let's not make the frustrated comments of a driver more important than they are. Of course, his race comment was just a joke, although quite a strange one, and he obviously wasn't seriously suggesting that was the reason. As JHS pointed out, the way Di Resta owned up to his mistakes was something Lewis could really learn from (even though I don't believe it was all him he could have at least admitted some wrongdoing rather than pointing to everyone else).

First, it was a fantastic GP. Red Bull's error during the first round of stops (they gave Vettel the wrong tyres due to a communication problem) actually resulted in them changing strategy to a one-stopper. Even when they get it wrong they get it right! For me the whole weekend would have been better if red flags hadn't spoiled qualifying, and the end of the race (I'm not sure the result would have been different, but now we will never know whether Seb's tyres would have held on...). Which brings us to the next point: why are they allowed to change tyres on a red flag restart? It completely ruined the spectacle and made the whole thing pointless. In my opinion, with the type of tyres we have now, that rule needs to be reviewed; tyres could be changed on the grid if a sudden weather change happened for example, and mechanics could work on a car for a safety issue, but otherwise - on first thoughts - I don't think they should be allowed to.

I agree.

On Lewis: what is obviously the case is that he had a bad qualifying, when realistically he had a very good chance of pole, and that clearly put him in a frustrated and even more aggressive mood than usual today. Everyone is entitled to make their own opinion on his two incidents but even if you believe that both are completely his fault, then it's hardly something that he deserves to be heavily criticised for. He didn't deliberately drive anybody off the track. His biggest crime was being too aggressive or ambitious and that is hardly something which is unique to him, and not something which deserves too much criticism other than to say "Lewis had a poor race".

As for the moves themselves, I'd have to watch them again but I think Anthony Davidson's assessment of them is very reasonable and unbiased. I/he thought the one on Massa was a racing incident, because Massa saw him go for the move and just decided to turn in regardless, and of course such moves at that particular corner (and indeed on any tight corner) always require a certain amount of compliance from the driver being overtaken. Lewis' overtake on Schumi at T1 was a good example of what I'm talking about. When making criticisms of drivers, remember that the difference between a penalty (Di Resta, Hamilton) and our applause (Schumi on Rosberg I believe) is usually only determined by whether the driver being overtaken makes the decision to turn in or not. Massa is the kind of driver not smart enough to back out of it and avoid an accident. Guys like Schumi and Rosberg are (or at least, were today :lol:) Lewis is the kind of driver dumb enough to try that move on a guy like Massa when it isn't a "sure thing". So while I ultimately think the penalty for that incident was right, I also think it was a racing incident, both of their faults in different ways, and just the kind of thing which Monaco throws up.

As for the Maldonado move, that was probably more clearly Hamilton's error, I think (although again, a Monaco racing incident rather than some terribly stupid overtaking attempt as some would have you believe).

On Lewis' comments: again, you have to respect that he is frustrated and said some silly things, in the same way that many other drivers have been frustrated after a race and said something stupid. Hate to bring it up but Alonso has done it too (and I defended him as well) and so have many others. Let's not make the frustrated comments of a driver more important than they are. Of course, his race comment was just a joke, although quite a strange one, and he obviously wasn't seriously suggesting that was the reason. As JHS pointed out, the way Di Resta owned up to his mistakes was something Lewis could really learn from (even though I don't believe it was all him he could have at least admitted some wrongdoing rather than pointing to everyone else).

I take this is your opinion but also a very polite reply to my own post so I will reply in the same manner to you although I think you are a huge pile of horsecrap and not worth being spat on the eye as it would be a waste of bodily fluids :D

Again, my comment was more aimed towards the posters attitudes than about Lewis driving but if we are going to talk about both accidents, I watched them again and both are clearly Lewis fault and both were easily avoidable so no racing incidents.

- Massa: Just for the record, the incident with Massa I always refer to is the touch at Loews, not the tunnel part which actually ended with Massa against the wall. At Loews, Massa arrives first to the corner and is already turning when Lewis tries to put his nose between Massa and the i nner side of the corner. I don't know if they have any sort of contact or not but anyways Massa then takes a much more open exit line than usual meaning he either got scared Sh#tless away or simply shoved by Hamilton's car (which was, at the time, with his front wheel right in front of Massas's rear left one, perhaps both cars already tangled). Even then, Massa is clearly ahead and Hamilton's car nose is pointing clearly towards Massa's whihc is turning as that is all he can do except crashing face first against the wall. He had no other choice since the beginning of the manoeuvre from Hamilton as Hamilton's car was all the time stuck to Felipe's. THAT is the part that was entirely avoidable by Lewis as al he should have done is stay behind Massa. His only other choice being trying to imitate Alonso's voice over the radio and say "this is ridiculous!" then hope for Ferrari to get confused :D

- Maldonado: Even worse move. He is alongside Pastor but only because he was going too fast. So fast that he goes clearly over the kerbs at St.Devote and uses P.Maldonado as his brakes. If Pastor wasn't there he would have ended at St.Devote's altar :D Again, I am all for entertainment and Lewis ballsy moves. But as we usually say when facing Lewis moves there's ballsy and then there's stupid. These two moves were clearly the second kind. His pass ib Schumi was aggressive, was forceful (although it did help that the Mercs have already turned back into pumpkins by then) but was still better timed and better resolved. It was great to watch. The other two were ugly and were clumsy.

On Lewis comments: I will reply personally to you via PM because I know where this all is heading and I don't want to hijack the thread or get mad, like I said before, this had to do more with posters attitude than with Lewis comments per se (which were merely idiotic but just comments, after all). I will be happy if at least you can see my point though :D

unledzg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

do I get an apology? Do I? Do I? Do I?

Haha! I do apologise yes. Oh well - fun while it lasted.:P

EDIT - sorry just saw P6 of the thread...

Have just read the Hamlton interview - still haven't watched the race, so can't really talk to the incidents themselves but Hamilton really REALLY has to learn when to just let things drop. If nothing good is going to come from complaining. Just go somewhere private and scream - don't do it to the cameras.

I really felt sorry for Maldonado and Petrov. 2 drivers unjustly deprived of great results.

Also Kobay would have had 4th place if Webber hadn't been able to get new tyres and muscle past after the restart.

Oh well. I will comment more when I've actually seen the race. Otherwise I won't know what I'm talking about...

Won't be the first time! :lol: